Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favre Asks For Release

Featured Replies

Brett had a great year last year, but the two years before the last one, well there was a lotta talk about him leaving back then. Off seasons three years ago he came into camp not ready to play.

 

There is also talk about his last pass in their loss to the Giants which goes into his decisions in tight situations. There were two other recievers who were wide open, and this was a very key play I believe. :rolleyes:

 

Release him and move on, but of course I want Brian to get a better chance to play.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like he also asked something about becoming a coach with Green Bay also..They told him no.

I'm just glad the other side of the story is coming out.

 

You can't put all the blame on either the Packers or Favre, but it sounds more and more like Favre is being the "diva" in this situation. He wants to retire, Packers try and talk him out of it, he says it's time. In his news conference, he says he wasn't forced out, it was just his time.

 

A few weeks later, he starts having regrets and the Packers fly down there to tell him that he is more than welcome to come back if he wants.

 

Now we have seen as everything has played out, Favre has held them hostage for the last few years with the "will I or won't I" stuff.

 

Funny thing is, a Packer sports radio person has said that a majority of fans he has talked to say that they don't like how Favre has acted since his "retirement".

 

Packers keep him, they likely win, but have to go through the same thing next year. Packers get rid of him, they likely lose this year, but find out what kind of quarterback they have. Yes, that "window of opportunity" always closes quickly, but I think the Packers played over their heads last year and even with Favre this year, they don't go to the SuperBowl anyway.

 

So with that said, it's time for the Packers to move on and I'm glad to see that's what they may be doing.

I'm just glad the other side of the story is coming out.

 

You can't put all the blame on either the Packers or Favre, but it sounds more and more like Favre is being the "diva" in this situation. He wants to retire, Packers try and talk him out of it, he says it's time. In his news conference, he says he wasn't forced out, it was just his time.

 

A few weeks later, he starts having regrets and the Packers fly down there to tell him that he is more than welcome to come back if he wants.

 

Now we have seen as everything has played out, Favre has held them hostage for the last few years with the "will I or won't I" stuff.

 

Funny thing is, a Packer sports radio person has said that a majority of fans he has talked to say that they don't like how Favre has acted since his "retirement".

 

Packers keep him, they likely win, but have to go through the same thing next year. Packers get rid of him, they likely lose this year, but find out what kind of quarterback they have. Yes, that "window of opportunity" always closes quickly, but I think the Packers played over their heads last year and even with Favre this year, they don't go to the SuperBowl anyway.

 

So with that said, it's time for the Packers to move on and I'm glad to see that's what they may be doing.

 

Touche!

Please.....It's their fault that Favre has retired and then came back for the last 2 or 3 seasons? I think not..He made the choice to hold the press conference and he is the one to say that he was retiring. It's not the Packers fault one bit. As a management team you have to line things up and get things in order. They needed to know what he wanted to do, if he was unsure about retiring then he should have just played.

 

This isn't some average Joe. This is the guy that saved their franchise. They're dumb for telling him 3 months ago they needed a decision. The fact that he's done it for 2 or 3 seasons is the reason they should have waited. It's Brett freaking Favre. He should be able to decide whenever he wants. I hope they grant him his release and he goes to Minnesota and destroys them twice. It's a complete joke that they said you can come back as a back up. He probably has helped to make the franchise 5 times more valuable than it was before he went there. He's old, I'm guessing he's not the only older player who thinks they might quit two weeks after their season ended.

Packers say they will welcome Favre back with open arms.......as a backup to starter Aaron Rodgers.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3484473

 

Not quite accurate.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3484473

 

"It's not accurate," Thompson said of the AP report that Favre would come back as a backup. "We don't know what role that would be. He can come back as an active member of the Green Bay Packers."

I've been a Favre fan for years. Not a Green Bay fan. But, how in the world could Favre just think that he could change his mind and everything just go back to the way it was? He had to know that when he retired, and when he refused to talk to them right after, that they would have to move on. Pro football is a business. The Packers were his employers. They had to make decisions to go forward without him, because he left...not forced out, but of his own free will and decision.

 

I'm behind the Packers. If they're forced to reactivate him, they should take their time deciding what to do with him. They need to make a decision that's right for their organization, not that's right for him. And frankly, he should have thought of that before he decided to unretire.

Stay retired! I saw that last playoff game. You want your legacy destroyed by a whole season of that??:irked:

IMO, his legacy has already been tarnished because of all this. I mean tarnished very little but still tarnished.

Farve is a football player... come July its time to play.. hes just doing what comes natural to him. However, I agree Green Bay has prepared to move on. If he wasnt going back to a team who had a projected long term replacement its not that much of an issue, but they cant keep pushing Rodgers back.

I still think he was hacked off they didn't go after Moss. I've known for a couple of weeks he was about to come back but didn't want to post because I wanted him in fantasy football:)

I think there is a few things that can happen. Some think the Packers should just turn him loose. Some think they should bring him back and start. I don't know anybody but the Packers that want him to back Rodgers up. That would be an absolute nightmare IMO. If you win with Rodgers then I think Brett will be a problem. If Rodgers looses then the pressure will be out of control. The way I look at it is, you were fine with Brohm backing Rodgers up. Farve is arguably a top 5 QB in the league and your team is built to be as good as there is in the NFC. Start Farve and trade Rodgers. You can't keep Rodgers around IMO because they gave him the shaft so bad. Get something out of him. Let Farve play another couple of years and if it goes bad then you have Brohm ready to go. Rodgers takes a lot of sacks so there is a chance that he goes down this year and Brohm is thrown into the fire early. Some say let Farve go and get rid of the problem. I just don't see how you let a top 5 QB walk out the door without getting some kind of compensation. If he leaves I would love to see.....

Farve a Tampa Bay Buc! He and Gruden have old ties. If I were the Bucs then I'd make a play for him as soon as he's free. I'd then ask Sapp to come back for the league minimum to play another year or two (incentives in his contract to make more based on play). He and Farve have a great history and I think they could squeeze another year or so out of him being home in Tampa playing with Brooks + Farve. I'd then try to deal Garcia to the Lions for Roy Williams or Miami to get J. Taylor. The Bucs have some cash to spend I think. Farve+Williams would really jumpstart that offense. I know it's a longshot but that would be my rationale if I'm the Bucs!

I still think he was hacked off they didn't go after Moss. I've known for a couple of weeks he was about to come back but didn't want to post because I wanted him in fantasy football:)

 

I think there is a few things that can happen. Some think the Packers should just turn him loose. Some think they should bring him back and start. I don't know anybody but the Packers that want him to back Rodgers up. That would be an absolute nightmare IMO.

 

If you win with Rodgers then I think Brett will be a problem. If Rodgers looses then the pressure will be out of control. The way I look at it is, you were fine with Brohm backing Rodgers up. Farve is arguably a top 5 QB in the league and your team is built to be as good as there is in the NFC.

 

Start Farve and trade Rodgers. You can't keep Rodgers around IMO because they gave him the shaft so bad. Get something out of him. Let Farve play another couple of years and if it goes bad then you have Brohm ready to go.

 

Rodgers takes a lot of sacks so there is a chance that he goes down this year and Brohm is thrown into the fire early. Some say let Farve go and get rid of the problem. I just don't see how you let a top 5 QB walk out the door without getting some kind of compensation. If he leaves I would love to see.....

 

Farve a Tampa Bay Buc! He and Gruden have old ties. If I were the Bucs then I'd make a play for him as soon as he's free. I'd then ask Sapp to come back for the league minimum to play another year or two (incentives in his contract to make more based on play). He and Farve have a great history and I think they could squeeze another year or so out of him being home in Tampa playing with Brooks + Farve. I'd then try to deal Garcia to the Lions for Roy Williams or Miami to get J. Taylor. The Bucs have some cash to spend I think. Farve+Williams would really jumpstart that offense. I know it's a longshot but that would be my rationale if I'm the Bucs!

 

Sorry to bust your post up, but it was hard to read.

 

How do you figure AR takes a lot of sacks? One half of one game is hardly an adequate sample size to use as a predictor.

 

I do agree that one or the other would need to be moved.

They need to trade him. No way they release him and let someone in their division pick him up.

Um...is there any reason why you don't bring Farve in and start him and trade Aaron Rodgers? They drafted Brohm, so he can be the new heir apparent until Farve is ready to retire. Farve still gives them the best chance to win a Superbowl. I would bet that if you polled the coaching staff and players, the majority would want Farve playing in Lambeau next year as a Packer starter and say the heck with Rodgers.

 

Proved Star vs Unproved QB

 

hmmmmmm

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.