Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favre Asks For Release

Featured Replies

Sorry to bust your post up, but it was hard to read.

 

How do you figure AR takes a lot of sacks? One half of one game is hardly an adequate sample size to use as a predictor.

 

I do agree that one or the other would need to be moved.

 

He has been sacked 9 times out of the 59 times he has thrown the ball. That's a little less than once every seven times. I know that isn't a whole lot of attempts but that is my point on him. You have a guy that has been fragile and gets sacked a lot. He hasn't played a half a season yet much less a whole season. He might be great but he might not be too. You have built your team to be as good as any in the NFC. Do you want that guy leading your team or a first ballott hall of famer that is still playing like a top five QB in the league. If Farve was playing like Montana was when he went to the Chiefs then I would feel a little different. I just think he makes them a legit contender in the NFC. I feel really bad for Rodgers but it's a business and if I had to put my team in Farve or Rodgers hands then I'm putting it in Farve's. If not then I'm trading him. No way I would put him on the bench and put even more pressure on Rodgers. Talk about a media circus! Brohm isn't ready yet but he will be a solid backup given a year or two to grow.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3485351

 

Fans hold rally for Favre..

 

At the rally, they asked fans to vote on whether they wanted the team to make Favre the starter, whether Favre or Rodgers gives the Packers the best chance at the Super Bowl and whether Thompson should be fired if he trades or releases Favre.

 

The Web site is selling "Favre 08" shirts, bumper stickers and yard signs. Erick Rolfson, 32, plans to turn his Wauwatosa mortgage company into "Favre '08 Headquarters."

 

"Last time we checked," he said, "Green Bay is a publicly owned franchise and is owned by the people in the community and by the stockholders, not Ted Thompson."

 

^ Oh please.....

I've heard TB and Minnesota are his desired destinations...

 

Minnesota would be sick with a QB like Favre...

 

On paper anyway.

I've been a Favre fan for years. Not a Green Bay fan. But, how in the world could Favre just think that he could change his mind and everything just go back to the way it was? He had to know that when he retired, and when he refused to talk to them right after, that they would have to move on. Pro football is a business. The Packers were his employers. They had to make decisions to go forward without him, because he left...not forced out, but of his own free will and decision.

 

I'm behind the Packers. If they're forced to reactivate him, they should take their time deciding what to do with him. They need to make a decision that's right for their organization, not that's right for him. And frankly, he should have thought of that before he decided to unretire.

 

:thumb:

 

The ball is in the Packer's court, as it should be in this situation. I don't blame them for their position. I think Rodgers is ready and he's going to be a good QB.

 

Personally, I'd trade Favre. And, the price would be satisfactory. For example, there are a couple of teams in their division, Minnesota and Chicago, who I suspect would be interested in him. I know teams seem to be 100% against trading to teams in their division, but I wouldn't be. I'd just make them pay a steep price if they wanted him.

Proved Star vs Unproved QB

 

hmmmmmm

 

I'm not sure what your point is; do you agree with me or disagree with me?

I still think he was hacked off they didn't go after Moss. !

 

In an inertview I heard with Farve tonight he broke his silence on the Moss ordeal. He said he worked for 2 years trying to get Moss there and Thompson played it off like he didn't know if Brett wanted him or not. You could kind of tell I though that was when things started going south. I don't blame him much myself. I hope he gets back in the game with or without the Packers. I still like the Packers and I'm still a Farve fan no matter where he ends up. I really wish he would go to Tampa Bay! He and All Day would be fun too watch too even though they are weak at WR.

^

 

1) Let go of his offensive Guards when Favre asked them to be resigned.

 

2) Wanted them to interview Steve Mariucci but they would not.

 

3) Randy Moss deal - "I worked my butt off 2 years ago to get them to sign Randy Moss."

"We had every opportunity to sign him." "I offered him the other part of my salary."

"They said Randy can't really run any more." "He takes plays off" :lol:

"He was willing to drop 6 million for 1 year & that tells me a lot"

 

Ted Thompson was asked if it was true if Brett lobbied hard for Moss & Ted Thompson said, "Ah, not that I'm aware of". Favre says "Now That's Bull."

 

"None of those (3 reasons above) had anything to do with me retiring but it's hard for me to trust this guy (Thompson or McCarthy)"

 

^

 

1) Let go of his offensive Guards when Favre asked them to be resigned.

 

2) Wanted them to interview Steve Mariucci but they would not.

 

3) Randy Moss deal - "I worked my butt off 2 years ago to get them to sign Randy Moss."

"We had every opportunity to sign him." "I offered him the other part of my salary."

"They said Randy can't really run any more." "He takes plays off" :lol:

"He was willing to drop 6 million for 1 year & that tells me a lot"

 

Ted Thompson was asked if it was true if Brett lobbied hard for Moss & Ted Thompson said, "Ah, not that I'm aware of". Favre says "Now That's Bull."

 

"None of those (3 reasons above) had anything to do with me retiring but it's hard for me to trust this guy (Thompson or McCarthy)"

 

 

It's funny that he complains about things that look like the correct decisions at this point. The Packers o-line was good. McCarthy has been good. Favre's WR's are good.

 

As much as I enjoyed watching Favre and liked him as a player, I cannot wait for the day when he is really and truly retired and every NFL off-season is dominated by "Will Brett play this year?"

 

Favre was the QB in Green Bay...it sounds like he wanted to the GM.

It's funny that he complains about things that look like the correct decisions at this point. The Packers o-line was good. McCarthy has been good. Favre's WR's are good.

 

As much as I enjoyed watching Favre and liked him as a player, I cannot wait for the day when he is really and truly retired and every NFL off-season is dominated by "Will Brett play this year?"

 

Favre was the QB in Green Bay...it sounds like he wanted to the GM.

 

It isn't the players fault sometimes that this much coverage is given to their decisions in the off season. This is different for Favre b/c he announced his retirement, but in the past it hasn't been. I really don't care what these guys are doing and thinking until mid-July. I wish we weren't force fed this coverage on every sports radio and tv show.

It isn't the players fault sometimes that this much coverage is given to their decisions in the off season. This is different for Favre b/c he announced his retirement, but in the past it hasn't been. I really don't care what these guys are doing and thinking until mid-July. I wish we weren't force fed this coverage on every sports radio and tv show.

 

:thumb:

 

They jump on anything during the summer...stories that would be afterthoughts during football season will be the lead story on SC during the summer. For example, the rap Shaq did dissing Kobe recently...I guarantee that wouldn't have lead the 6 o'clock SportsCenter during football season when things are more active and people are more interested.

:thumb:

 

They jump on anything during the summer...stories that would be afterthoughts during football season will be the lead story on SC during the summer. For example, the rap Shaq did dissing Kobe recently...I guarantee that wouldn't have lead the 6 o'clock SportsCenter during football season when things are more active and people are more interested.

 

I agree that's why I don't put as much fault on Favre for this as others are. He called his coach and texted his GM that he might be interested in returning. Big Deal.

I agree that's why I don't put as much fault on Favre for this as others are. He called his coach and texted his GM that he might be interested in returning. Big Deal.

 

I was sick of the Favre/retirement tour 2 years ago...admittedly, by patience for it was not just thin, it was non-existent. I knew this would happen when he announced his sudden retirement. I just knew he'd start talking about coming back and it would blow up...

 

I agree that the media blows things up, but Favre has created a lot of this himself by going back-and-forth for 3 years about playing or retiring. He never gives a definitive answer...he always leaves you guessing either way. A couple years ago he called a special press conference and then told the reporters he didn't know why they wasted their time coming down there because he didn't have anything to say. Why on earth call the presser if that was the case?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.