July 12, 200818 yr If he's not the starting QB, you can't keep him in GB. Period... I know some die hard Packers fans who would much rather have him riding the pine in Green Bay then leading the hated Vikings to the promise land. Why not give him a shot at starting in GB though? I'm sure Rodgers wouldn't like it...but if he wants to play I'd keep him around.
July 12, 200818 yr Author I know some die hard Packers fans who would much rather have him riding the pine in Green Bay then leading the hated Vikings to the promise land. Why not give him a shot at starting in GB though? I'm sure Rodgers wouldn't like it...but if he wants to play I'd keep him around. The Packers have made it very clear they are ready to move on. Pretty cut and dry right now...
July 12, 200818 yr The Packers have made it very clear they are ready to move on. Pretty cut and dry right now... The Packers management might be ready, but the fans are different. And the fans I know who are from Wisconsin would hate nothing more than seeing Favre in another uni.
July 12, 200818 yr Could Favre be a bigger distraction than T.O. during an offseason? I'd say that the Packers organization is probably fed up with him.
July 12, 200818 yr Could Favre be a bigger distraction than T.O. during an offseason? I'd say that the Packers organization is probably fed up with him. I love Favre, but this crap is worse than the cheesy drama queens of pro wrestling and NASCAR.
July 12, 200818 yr I love Favre, but this crap is worse than the cheesy drama queens of pro wrestling and NASCAR. What I was thinking... In season: Favre= great QB Off season: Favre= biggest distraction in NFL
July 12, 200818 yr Um...is there any reason why you don't bring Farve in and start him and trade Aaron Rodgers? They drafted Brohm, so he can be the new heir apparent until Farve is ready to retire. Farve still gives them the best chance to win a Superbowl. I would bet that if you polled the coaching staff and players, the majority would want Farve playing in Lambeau next year as a Packer starter and say the heck with Rodgers.
July 12, 200818 yr Um...is there any reason why you don't bring Farve in and start him and trade Aaron Rodgers? They drafted Brohm, so he can be the new heir apparent until Farve is ready to retire. Farve still gives them the best chance to win a Superbowl. I would bet that if you polled the coaching staff and players, the majority would want Farve playing in Lambeau next year as a Packer starter and say the heck with Rodgers. Umm I'm guessing you're a Louisville fan...Why trade Rodgers? He has studied the system learned their style and is ready to play. Brohm? I think not. Trade him if you're trading anyone. Favre has been a huge distraction to the Packers and if he does want to come back then he is making a mockery of their front office. He needs to just stay retired or stay in the league quit the whole I may retire I may not.
July 12, 200818 yr I love Favre, but this crap is worse than the cheesy drama queens of pro wrestling and NASCAR. I'd love to see him hire a "manager" and have a press conference with Mean Jean Okerlund. :thumb:
July 12, 200818 yr I bet Brett is pretty motivated to get back at Packers management for not wanting him back after he's given them and there fans his all.
July 12, 200818 yr Why shouldn't Packer fans be miffed at Favre for keeping them hanging? Some probably are but imo their love for Favre (and I mean the city of Green Bay who actually own the team ) will override their frustration. Brett Favre is a god there, imo you are going to have bunch of ticked off cheeseheads come the Monday night season opener. I am a Packer fan but I am basically talking about the people that technically own that team (the Green Bay citizens). Yes, the top mangement has the say so but the fans and citizens of that city are going to go crazy..........JMO.
July 12, 200818 yr 3 ways this can play out: 1. Favre comes back AGAIN, leads to the playoffs and gets beat..Then back to the I dunno if I wanna retire or not.. 2. Favre comes back does horrible and management questions themselves for bringing him back while Rodgers may seek a trade as he grows fed up of this whole thing. 3. They release Favre, move on and thank him for the many great years he has given them.
July 12, 200818 yr I bet Brett is pretty motivated to get back at Packers management for not wanting him back after he's given them and there fans his all. According to Jay Glazer, right after Favre retired he thought about un-retiring. The Packers were all for it and even said they'd send a plane down so they could do a press conference. Favre backed out an canceled the un-retirement. The Packers then decided to move on with Rodgers as their starter.
July 12, 200818 yr Um...is there any reason why you don't bring Farve in and start him and trade Aaron Rodgers? They drafted Brohm, so he can be the new heir apparent until Farve is ready to retire. Farve still gives them the best chance to win a Superbowl. I would bet that if you polled the coaching staff and players, the majority would want Farve playing in Lambeau next year as a Packer starter and say the heck with Rodgers. I agree, the players imo like Rodgers and are on board with him if that is the case but when you get right down to it and ask them who they would rather have lead them, then imo it is a no brainer. One of the very best to ever play the game coming of one of his best seasons ever or Rodgers. I am sure that Rodgers would be ticked off and would probably want out. A person couldn't blame him if he did. Should they (Packers) not think that Brohm would be ready to go if or when needed either by an injury to Favre or when Favre did leave the game then deal Rodgers (if he wanted out) for a good backup qb. I said before that I would really hope that if Favre was to come back with a team other than the Packers then I would really like to see him stay retired. I will say that Favre with the Packers this season imo would have legit shot at the Super Bowl. I wouldn't predict it just that they imo would be right there. I am tired and know that this is probably not making any sense so I will quit for now.:lol: GO PACKERS!!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.