2009 10th Region Boys Basketball Tournament

This is the part of the article that I found interesting:

The Fieldhouse had no rival for more than 35 years. It was the biggest in the region by far, so there was little debate over holding the regional there, even though it gave the Royals the homecourt advantage.

Agree, very interesting to come from the one city in the country that denies homecourt advantage.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With how high taxes are in Mason County and the money that goes to the school,teachers,etc., wonder how long it is before plans are drawn to build a 10,500 seat arena in Mason County.

They won't need to...that's why NKU will end up being the primary site every other year for the 10th.

• 3 weeks later...

I put the laughing face:lol:.....also it states some.... and as the next post explains..... you and mcpapa are not included in that group.

For about the 400th time, I DON'T LIVE IN MASON CO, if this statement was directed at me. As for my opinion. I hated the tourny in Montgomery Co. I hated my drive to get there and the fear of not having a seat once I did. But I must admit, God helped us out somewhat with that one. As for this venue, better roads toward a bigger facility. No complaints here. By the way, I didn't bring up the potties. The Montgomery Co athletic director made those stupid comments in the Lexington paper. As long as they are clean and there is toliet paper, then I'm good. :D

As for the money situation. I also heard, from someone who knows, that the revenue was way down this year compared to last, over $1000.00 difference per team. In hard times if this trend continues, then I don't think too many will complain if it goes back to Maysville. I wonder what happened to those businesses who were so willing to make up the difference?

Hey Goldie, enjoy that 2 hour trip. With gas heading toward $5.00 a gallon, you may be the one saying return it to a more central location.

News flash, we've been driving 2 hours from Clark County to Maysville for the last 39 years!!

Edited by STRIKE3
Rule 13

News flash, we've been driving 2 hours from Clark County to Maysville for the last 39 years!!

Wow that is a news flash, since when did it take 2 hours to drive from GRC to Mason County. I was just there a few weeks ago and it took around an hour and 20 minutes. That is driving the speed limit. I will always remember hitting the 1000 post clip while talking about the 10th Region Tournament. Your correct that you had been driving to Mason County, but since 1969 only because of the gym size that GRC didn't have and that streak broke last year with the move to Montgomery County.

Edited by STRIKE3
fixed quote

With how high taxes are in Mason County and the money that goes to the school,teachers,etc., wonder how long it is before plans are drawn to build a 10,500 seat arena in Mason County.

We're just waiting for all that gambling money to start rolling in before we release the plans for Rupp Arena Lite!:laugh:

Wow Man!!! Did you get lost? According to mapquest, the driving time from Winchester to Maysville is 1 hour and 15 minutes, a total of 60.73 miles. These directions usually estimate driving times long when I'm behind the wheel.

Also according to mapquest, driving time from Winchester to Fort Thomas is 1 hour and 42 minutes, a total of 104.03 miles. If it takes you 2 hours to drive to Maysville it might take you 3 or more to drive to NKU.

I am one that is glad to see it at different locations! I will drive to watch good HS basketball no matter where it is played. Mason County fans and supporters don't care about anything then having the regional played in their backyard! If they get that, everything else is gravy!

I don't blame the Mason faithful for wanting to have the tournament in Maysville.... it's the attitude that they are entitled to have it there that gets under my skin.

NKU will be a very nice venue to see some great basketball!

Personally I hate the tourney not being at the fieldhouse! The fieldhouse is 10th region basketball at its finest! I am so tired of hearing everyone preach oh Mason County has homecourt advantage every year. Did they in 2007??? Seems like to me that they lost and I can count a whole lot of other years that they lost too! No matter who is in the finals and no matter where it is played I will be there but the fieldhouse is a piece of history in the 10th region, maybe it should get inducted into the hall of fame in 09!!!! haha

Edited by mcpapa
Rule 13