2009 10th Region Boys Basketball Tournament

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd sure hope so considering the team Mason had this past year. My point is some of the MC faithful need to stop complaining about where the region tournament is held.

[/quote]

That will never happen....:lol:

I personally think a neutral court is the best way to do it. Gives people from everywhere in the area a chance to see the game especially when the gym is the size of BOK arena. Also keeps the few sour grapes from using the whole "My team lost because of home court advantage" excuse. Not to mention the increased gate revenue that will be drawn since ticket prices will go up to $8 but be good for both sessions unlike years past.

Look forward to seeing some great 10th and 9th region action at BOK Center this season.

I can empathize with the Mason County fans. They hosted the tournament for so many years and now they won't get it for the second year in a row. I selfishly would like to see it stay at the fieldhouse because it's only 30 minutes from my house, but I know it should rotate or be permanently moved to a neutral gym like the one at NKU.

Well I'd sure hope so considering the team Mason had this past year. My point is some of the MC faithful need to stop complaining about where the region tournament is held.

[/quote]

That will never happen....:lol:

Now Gold thats a slap at Mason County there.Surprises me coming from you.

I can empathize with the Mason County fans. They hosted the tournament for so many years and now they won't get it for the second year in a row. I selfishly would like to see it stay at the fieldhouse because it's only 30 minutes from my house, but I know it should rotate or be permanently moved to a neutral gym like the one at NKU.

Point being though it should rotate every year like in other regions. In the 9th it would rotate every year between Ryle, Holmes, and Conner but now it will permanantly be held at BOK Arena which is probably the best thing to do as it will benefit all parties involved in the 9th.

I can guarantee after having it one year up here the 10th will want it to keep being there.

Well, it's true. Some of the posters on here from Mason(you and mcpapa) accepted the change and gave it a fair shot. But majority complained ALL season long. :thumb:

Well, it's true. Some of the posters on here from Mason(you and mcpapa) accepted the change and gave it a fair shot. But majority complained ALL season long. :thumb:

What is the current set up as to how the location of the 10th is selected?

What is the current set up as to how the location of the 10th is selected?

The choice rotates between the districts. It was the 40th last year and they opted to have it at Montgomery. Before their new gym, Mason was pretty much the only option so it automatically had to be there. Now that NKU is an option, the district up for this year could choose between the Fieldhouse, NKU facility and Montgomery and I guess they chose NKU. :thumb:

It's a first class tournament when it's at Mason Co. It was a first class tournament at Montgomery Co. and it will be a first class tournament at NKU. It's a long way from Mt. Sterling, but should the Indians be fortunate enough to make a run, gas prices won't stand in the way... Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative next year, but the ability to hold all the fans shouldn't be a question this time!

I put the laughing face:lol:.....also it states some.... and as the next post explains..... you and mcpapa are not included in that group.

]It's a first class tournament when it's at Mason Co. It was a first class tournament at Montgomery Co. and it will be a first class tournament at NKU.[/b] It's a long way from Mt. Sterling' date=' but should the Indians be fortunate enough to make a run, gas prices won't stand in the way... Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative next year, [b']but the ability to hold all the fans shouldn't be a question this time![/[/b]quote]

Well said :thumb:

It's a first class tournament when it's at Mason Co. It was a first class tournament at Montgomery Co. and it will be a first class tournament at NKU. It's a long way from Mt. Sterling, but should the Indians be fortunate enough to make a run, gas prices won't stand in the way... Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative next year, but the ability to hold all the fans shouldn't be a question this time!

Well said. Hopefully a few of the sour grapes will take on the same philosophy.

Restaurants and customer service alone should make it well worth the drive to northern kentucky. There is not one restaurant in Maysville that has good customer service. The Applebee's, Tumbleweed's, Frisch's etc. in Northern Kentucky run circles around Maysville. Just not enough good help in the maysville area to run these nice restaurants. Thumbs up for Northern Kentucky all of the time.

This should be an exciting event and will real be a real joy to watch in Northern Kentucky..I love it that this regional tournament is starting to rotate each year..This is no knock to Mason County, it's just fun to see other places host such a quality tournament year in and year out.

What I heard today in Campbell County, 9th region first round games on Wednesday and Thursday, all 4 first round games for the 10th will be played on Saturday of Regional Tourney Week (11, 1, 3, 5) 9th region semi on Sunday afternoon, 10th Region semi on Monday night.

Finals on Tuesday 10th at 6:00 p.m. and 9th at 8:30 p.m.

Imagine all first round games on the same day. Basketball lovers dream!!

:dancingpa