2009 10th Region Boys Basketball Tournament

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are they going to start stripping all those 10th region hall of fame plaques from the lobby of the fieldhouse? Since no one considers that to be the home of the tournament any more then it seems only fair to remove all of that stuff. I'm sure the folks at Mason Co could use the space for their own awards. Maybe all that memoribilia could travel along with the tournament.:lol:

I am one that is glad to see it at different locations! I will drive to watch good HS basketball no matter where it is played. Mason County fans and supporters don't care about anything then having the regional played in their backyard! If they get that, everything else is gravy!

I seem to think that there is a few more supporters from other area schools that would like to see it at the Fieldhouse as well. You never heard too much gripes from Augusta, Bracken, Deming, Pendleton, St. Patrick when they qualified for the tournament in years past when they cashed the check that was given to them from playing in the regional tournament. I am with you TubbyCat, I will drive to see good basketball despite where its located. Heck I went last year to Mt. Sterling and seen that despite location, the best team always wins. The bottom line is the dollars that each school gets, and I seem to think there was quite a bit difference this past year than years past due to venue change.

I seem to think that there is a few more supporters from other area schools that would like to see it at the Fieldhouse as well. You never heard too much gripes from Augusta, Bracken, Deming, Pendleton, St. Patrick when they qualified for the tournament in years past when they cashed the check that was given to them from playing in the regional tournament. I am with you TubbyCat, I will drive to see good basketball despite where its located. Heck I went last year to Mt. Sterling and seen that despite location, the best team always wins. The bottom line is the dollars that each school gets, and I seem to think there was quite a bit difference this past year than years past due to venue change.

Who's to say they won't get as much, or lord forbid, maybe even more when its held at NKU? Lots of potential new fans in the area from the 9th & 8th regions, as well as Cincy, that may want to take a peek at the quality of hoops in the 10th?

Who's to say they won't get as much, or lord forbid, maybe even more when its held at NKU? Lots of potential new fans in the area from the 9th & 8th regions, as well as Cincy, that may want to take a peek at the quality of hoops in the 10th?

I quite honestly hope that they do generate bunches of money, for the sake of the smaller programs especially. All my words were saying is that last year for the first time since 1969, the regional was held outside of the Fieldhouse and the dollar amounts to each participating school was down from the venue of the Fieldhouse.

I believe everyone was told that the business in Montgomery Co were going to make up the difference in revenue this year. My question is WHY that didn't happen and why each team received well over $1000.00 less than the year before? It seems to me that everyone was lied to about the business and now no one wants to talk about it.

As for next year, yes you may get more people to come BUT you will now have to divide the money 16 ways instead of 8. I know the 10th region has always been well attended but does the 9th region usually generate as much revenue or will they be taking money away from the schools in the 10th again this year?

I believe everyone was told that the business in Montgomery Co were going to make up the difference in revenue this year. My question is WHY that didn't happen and why each team received well over $1000.00 less than the year before? It seems to me that everyone was lied to about the business and now no one wants to talk about it.

As for next year, yes you may get more people to come BUT you will now have to divide the money 16 ways instead of 8. I know the 10th region has always been well attended but does the 9th region usually generate as much revenue or will they be taking money away from the schools in the 10th again this year?

Unless you're privy to the details of the contracts, I wouldn't be so sure they will be spliting the $$'s down the middle? I know many in the 9th region (especially those unfamiliar with past 10th region tourneys) who would be concerned about splitting evenly, feeling the 10th may not pull its own weight; especially in their backyard?

My understanding is there will be split sessions up until the championship game, which may have some sort of regional split arrangement. I think it would be best to wait until contracts are actually signed, and details released; before worrying about revenue sharing? Give the situation a chance, before automatically assuming because Montgomery didn't live up to its own billing, that NKU will be a failed experiment as well!!

For the record, I've always been a proponent of the region at the Fieldhouse, despite the obvious advantatge to the home team--And it is a big advantage!! Willing to give this option a try however, if only to save time & $$'s.

I quite honestly hope that they do generate bunches of money, for the sake of the smaller programs especially. All my words were saying is that last year for the first time since 1969, the regional was held outside of the Fieldhouse and the dollar amounts to each participating school was down from the venue of the Fieldhouse.

Agreed--As SD said, what happened to the $$ void that area business guarenteed to fill, should they fall short of Fieldhouse numbers??

The interesting thing when people bring up Augusta, St. Patrick, Deming, Pendleton Co., & Bracken Co. is that they fail to realize that at least two or possibly three of those schools had to vote against the regional being held at The Fieldhouse when the region members voted on the tourney site last year.

So whether the regional checks are bigger or not, it must not have played as big a role as believed b/c these schools that are geographically closer to Maysville had to go against that and vote for the regional to be held at Montgomery County!

The interesting thing when people bring up Augusta, St. Patrick, Deming, Pendleton Co., & Bracken Co. is that they fail to realize that at least two or possibly three of those schools had to vote against the regional being held at The Fieldhouse when the region members voted on the tourney site last year.

So whether the regional checks are bigger or not, it must not have played as big a role as believed b/c these schools that are geographically closer to Maysville had to go against that and vote for the regional to be held at Montgomery County!

I do not think you are correct there.

The host of the regional tournament rotates around the districts EXACTLY the way it does for girls.

BUT, different from girls, in the past the district always chose the Fieldhouse.

I believe the decision was made to host it at Montgomery by the district that Montgomery plays in.

Check your PM's about umpiring this weekend.

I do not think you are correct there.

The host of the regional tournament rotates around the districts EXACTLY the way it does for girls.

BUT, different from girls, in the past the district always chose the Fieldhouse.

I believe the decision was made to host it at Montgomery by the district that Montgomery plays in.

Check your PM's about umpiring this weekend.

You are correct...it was the 40th district composed of Bourbon Co, Paris, GRC and Montgomery.

This coming year the host districts has chosen to have the region at NKU. Great choice...look forward to seeing both the 9th and 10th regions play. :thumb:

When will the regional tourney return to Mason County ????? The 38th District (Harrison County, Deming, Pendleton County and Nicholas County) gets to make the pick for 2010. Mason County's home district, the 39th, will make the pick in 2011. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

When will the regional tourney return to Mason County ????? The 38th District (Harrison County, Deming, Pendleton County and Nicholas County) gets to make the pick for 2010. Mason County's home district, the 39th, will make the pick in 2011. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I would guess that the 38th would pick Mason Co., but you never know. I do know the folks at Pendleton Co. are going to try to get it at NKU. I just don't see Deming and Nicholas Co. going for this.

I would guess that the 38th would pick Mason Co., but you never know. I do know the folks at Pendleton Co. are going to try to get it at NKU. I just don't see Deming and Nicholas Co. going for this.

I wouldn't be quite so sure about this, The Fieldhouse is one of Simms favorites.