2009 10th Region Boys Basketball Tournament

The choice rotates between the districts. It was the 40th last year and they opted to have it at Montgomery. Before their new gym, Mason was pretty much the only option so it automatically had to be there. Now that NKU is an option, the district up for this year could choose between the Fieldhouse, NKU facility and Montgomery and I guess they chose NKU. :thumb:

This is correct, but it is my understanding that Campbell County gets credit for making this happen!! Go Camels!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Gold thats a slap at Mason County there.Surprises me coming from you.[/QUOTE]

mhighfield, like I have said all along with this issue about where a game is being played, it doesn't matter as the better team will win no matter where the game is played. The shots that are given like Gold gave I really don't understand nor does it surprise me as this homecourt advantage really never played in and really never heard about 2 years ago when the beloved Cards came to town and took home the championship. They were the better team in the finals that day and that is why you win! Its June and heck I have already read that they will be in the 2009 region tournament. Slap Slap!

What I heard today in Campbell County, 9th region first round games on Wednesday and Thursday, all 4 first round games for the 10th will be played on Saturday of Regional Tourney Week (11, 1, 3, 5) 9th region semi on Sunday afternoon, 10th Region semi on Monday night.

Finals on Tuesday 10th at 6:00 p.m. and 9th at 8:30 p.m.

Imagine all first round games on the same day. Basketball lovers dream!!

:dancingpa

I agree, love it that we can watch all the teams play on the same day...great arragement.:thumb:

This is correct, but it is my understanding that Campbell County gets credit for making this happen!! Go Camels!!

Two :thumb::thumb: for Campbell Co.

Now Gold thats a slap at Mason County there.Surprises me coming from you.[/QUOTE]

mhighfield, like I have said all along with this issue about where a game is being played, it doesn't matter as the better team will win no matter where the game is played. The shots that are given like Gold gave I really don't understand nor does it surprise me as this homecourt advantage really never played in and really never heard about 2 years ago when the beloved Cards came to town and took home the championship. They were the better team in the finals that day and that is why you win! Its June and heck I have already read that they will be in the 2009 region tournament. Slap Slap!

One game doesn't disprove a rule! Look at the NBA playoffs, there is homecourt advantage. If you don't care about the NBA or for some reason think it shouldn't count then go look at the home and away records for teams in the 10th region during the 2007-2008 season. Teams clearly had better records at home. Of course some years a team is just better on that night or they are just a better team on any night and it doesn't matter where the game is played. However, it never hurts to play at home and that is why 15 of the 16 regions (all except the 8th) have some sort of rotation and/or neutral court sites.

One game doesn't disprove a rule! Look at the NBA playoffs, there is homecourt advantage. If you don't care about the NBA or for some reason think it shouldn't count then go look at the home and away records for teams in the 10th region during the 2007-2008 season. Teams clearly had better records at home. Of course some years a team is just better on that night or they are just a better team on any night and it doesn't matter where the game is played. However, it never hurts to play at home and that is why 15 of the 16 regions (all except the 8th) have some sort of rotation and/or neutral court sites.

Trojans, I don't disagree with anything you said, but like you said above is what I have always said, the better team wins on any given night no matter where the games are played. Home court advantage is just that, an advantage but not a guarantee:thumb:

I spoke with the folks at the arena this morning. They do not have a definitive schedule layed out yet as contracts have NOT been signed. The schedule ETA posted may be tenative, but nothing set in stone yet.

As soon as I get the official word, I'll post it.

From nky.com:

It appears Northern Kentucky University's new Bank of Kentucky Center will host three different basketball regional tournaments next year. The arena, which already had secured the Ninth Region boys' and girls' tournaments, also will host the 10th Region boys' tournament in 2009.

Arena general manager Les Crooks said although he hasn't signed anything with 10th Region officials, they have an agreement in principle. That means the site would host 21 games in nine days, including a Tuesday night doubleheader featuring the boys' Ninth and 10th Region championship games.

"We have it all mapped out," Crooks said. "I think it will be all right. It's no different from doing any other kind of multiple-show event during the week, like the circus. And it's not until March. We have plenty of time to get everything figured out."

Crooks said the deal should be finalized in the next few weeks.

The 10th Region boys' tournament was scheduled to be hosted by the 37th District next season. Last year, when the district hosted the girls' tournament, it was played at Campbell County Middle School.

"I think it's just great for everybody in the 10th Region to get to play in a facility like that," said Bishop Brossart coach Mike Code. "A lot of teams in the 10th don't get the opportunity. Some teams get to play at Cintas Center or Shoemaker Center or something like that, but I don't think too many teams in the 10th get to do it. It's going to be a neat opportunity to get to play and coach in a state-of-the-art facility."

Traditionally, the 10th Region Tournament was played at the Mason County Fieldhouse before moving to a rotating schedule last season. Montgomery County hosted the event in March.

The Bank of Kentucky Center seats 9,400 and will be the biggest regional tournament site in the state.

Trojans, I don't disagree with anything you said, but like you said above is what I have always said, the better team wins on any given night no matter where the games are played. Home court advantage is just that, an advantage but not a guarantee:thumb:

Pressrow,I can't believe you are saying that.I think thats all anyone means is that it is an advantage no matter how great or how small.That is determined by the teams and their abilities against each other.Two evenly matched teams the advantage becomes more,one team is far better than the other the advantage becomes less.

:thumb:

Pressrow,I can't believe you are saying that.I think thats all anyone means is that it is an advantage no matter how great or how small.That is determined by the teams and their abilities against each other.Two evenly matched teams the advantage becomes more,one team is far better than the other the advantage becomes less.

I feel like alot of people are more excited that the tournament WON'T be at Mason Co. than they are that it will be held at NKU.

The only concern I had with it being held at Montgomery Co. was that people would be left out. This won't be the case at NKU so I am all for it. Everybody deserves a turn.

Over the years, that has been the point I have tried to make, but again my friend in the end the better team wins.

I put the laughing face:lol:.....also it states some.... and as the next post explains..... you and mcpapa are not included in that group.

For about the 400th time, I DON'T LIVE IN MASON CO, if this statement was directed at me. As for my opinion. I hated the tourny in Montgomery Co. I hated my drive to get there and the fear of not having a seat once I did. But I must admit, God helped us out somewhat with that one. As for this venue, better roads toward a bigger facility. No complaints here. By the way, I didn't bring up the potties. The Montgomery Co athletic director made those stupid comments in the Lexington paper. As long as they are clean and there is toliet paper, then I'm good. :D

As for the money situation. I also heard, from someone who knows, that the revenue was way down this year compared to last, over $1000.00 difference per team. In hard times if this trend continues, then I don't think too many will complain if it goes back to Maysville. I wonder what happened to those businesses who were so willing to make up the difference?

Hey Goldie, enjoy that 2 hour trip. With gas heading toward $5.00 a gallon, you may be the one saying return it to a more central location.

Per the Ledger Independent:

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles/2008/06/18/sports/047mchome.txt

The Mason County Fieldhouse is losing its grip on the boys' 10th Region basketball tournament.

The Fieldhouse is no longer the biggest arena in the 10th Region, giving up that honor to the Bank of Kentucky Center at Northern Kentucky University. The newer, bigger arena already has preliminary approval to host the 2009 regional and has ambitious plans for a two-region event highlighted by a championship-game doubleheader.

Per the Ledger Independent:

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles/2008/06/18/sports/047mchome.txt

The Mason County Fieldhouse is losing its grip on the boys' 10th Region basketball tournament.

The Fieldhouse is no longer the biggest arena in the 10th Region, giving up that honor to the Bank of Kentucky Center at Northern Kentucky University. The newer, bigger arena already has preliminary approval to host the 2009 regional and has ambitious plans for a two-region event highlighted by a championship-game doubleheader.

This is the part of the article that I found interesting:

The Fieldhouse had no rival for more than 35 years. It was the biggest in the region by far, so there was little debate over holding the regional there, even though it gave the Royals the homecourt advantage.