Where are you going this summer?

UKPat02

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still with the luxury of having no kids, so the wife and I do something (or so it seems) every weekend she is not working. We were in Nashville this past weekend. Two weeks from now I am flying to Houston to visit a buddy of mine and then flying over to San Antonio for a couple days to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Other weekend getaways in the coming summer months: St. Louis, Indianapolis, Nashville, and Cooter (Mo.) :lol:.

Our grill got wiped out durning that big wind strom we had a couple of months back....the insurance company took it and gave us 50 dollars for it...Our out door swing also the same thing only we got 30 for it...(what a laugh)...so, for our summer, we are goiing to get us a little charcoal grill (we like those better than the gas ones anyway) and, I am going to get me a outdoor chair. For our summer, we are going to spend it at home. We were going to drive to Washington State to see my family, however, with gas the way it is, we have decided to put that on the back burner for now. We were thinking about flying, however, with PH being in a chair, I just don't know how comfortable that would be. Plus, if we drove, we could do a lot of sight seeing...which would be fun...I have done that before, but, PH has not. I would like to do that again as well.

I have been fortunate to be able to travel with my job in a leisure setting this summer, and also, living in the ATL metro area I have alot of opportunities close to me that my company has picked the bill up on as well:

- Golf and taking customers out in Nashville with Square D training

- Gulf Coast Triathlon in Panama City

- Juno Training in Chicago

- Atlanta Braves season tix

- Numerous concerts

- Six Flags Over Georgia

My girlfriend's family lives on the Mississippi coast so I went there with her last weekend and then made the hour drive to New Orleans.

A couple of weeks ago, one of my friends and I went up to Chicago for a long weekend. Got to go to Wrigley and catch a Cubs game.

The last couple of weeks in July my family and I are going to Europe to take a cruise on the Norwegian Jewel. The cruise departs from London, and here are a few of the stops on the itenerary:

Copenhagen, Denmark

Berlin (Warnemuende), Germany

St. Petersburg Russia

Helsinki, Finland

Talinn, Estonia

and Stockholm, Sweden

Not exactly the typical Caribbean cruise, but I'm really excited about it. I'm a history nerd/buff so I cannot wait to see some of these cities.

I am living a vacation in Hilton Head. I am also meeting up with my family in Topsail Island in North Carolina. And may go to Lake Norris in Tennessee..

I absolutely love Norris Lake. It has to be heaven on earth...

A couple of weeks ago, one of my friends and I went up to Chicago for a long weekend. Got to go to Wrigley and catch a Cubs game.

The last couple of weeks in July my family and I are going to Europe to take a cruise on the Norwegian Jewel. The cruise departs from London, and here are a few of the stops on the itenerary:

Copenhagen, Denmark

Berlin (Warnemuende), Germany

St. Petersburg Russia

Helsinki, Finland

Talinn, Estonia

and Stockholm, Sweden

Not exactly the typical Caribbean cruise, but I'm really excited about it. I'm a history nerd/buff so I cannot wait to see some of these cities.

That sounds like a fantastic trip. I am envious.

I absolutely love Norris Lake. It has to be heaven on earth...

Norris is a great place, although for whatever reason I have never been to Lake Cumberland. I can only imagine how big Cumberland is because Norris is HUGE.