Where are you going this summer?

UKPat02

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if we will be doing anything or not. MrRk used up quite a bit of his vacation time when I had my surgery. We wanted to do something special for our wedding anniversary but that might just have to wait for a while. I do know that we want to make a trip up to NKY to see BF and RTS. Other than that we might just do what RockMom is doing, seeing what Louisville has to offer.

For what it's worth, I'm intimately familiar with both locales, and neither is as great as you ladies make them out to be ... :sssh: :p

I live a small life, Jim. :lol: Plus, compared to what is offered by my other "hometown", this is akin to New York City! :lol:

I bought a plane ticket to Chicago 3 weeks ago from Lexington for $162. Out of curiosity I checked the same flights price now and its $427.

Chicago will be the first stop in UKPat02's 'Round the World Tour '08. :D

Going to visit my cousin in Brookville, Indiana in July. I had a great time there last year: played several nice golf courses in the area, enjoyed Brookville Lake, and visited Oxford, Ohio, not far away, one night for a street musical (they have a different program every Thursday evening in the summer...bring your lawn chair and enjoy). The night we were there it was the steel drum band from Miami U. I had never heard this type of music before, and I must say I was amazed at the sound. I have no clue how they do it.

Also, going to a golf outing in the late summer or early fall to Myrtle Beach with several golfing buddies from my local course.

Actually LN and I will be spending our summer sitting under a shade tree on the banks of the Ohio river sipping alittle Woodford watching our kids tubing in the boat with their friends.

When they are tired of the boat or it runs out of gas, we'll have some dog eat dog cornhole games, then we'll either dine on South Carolina stew or something on the grill and when the sun goes down we'll fire up the bonfire and call up all the brave to play alittle Eucher.:thumb:

Found it!

JUNE 23-25 Louisville's Greek Festival, Louisville, Belvedere. Friday and Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday, noon-7 p.m. Greek music, arts and crafts, food and children's activities. (502) 246-6036.

The 23rd through 25th is Monday through Wednesday. The 27th through 29th of June is Friday through Sunday, and that's the weekend of the Greek Festival in Cincy.