Where are you going this summer?

UKPat02

Way to miss the jab. I knew you had family in that regrettable place. :p :lol:

:lol: Hey, you have to be proud of your family. :D My cousin is the manager of the KFC there. So, next time you're puttering down the WK, stop in Leitchfield and say "Hi!" My sister-in-law works at the Taco Bell, so say "Hi!" to her too, if you would. :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Hey, you have to be proud of your family. :D My cousin is the manager of the KFC there. So, next time you're puttering down the WK, stop in Leitchfield and say "Hi!" My sister-in-law works at the Taco Bell, so say "Hi!" to her too, if you would. :D

Nothing against your family, but it's an easy exit to miss ... :D

At Riverbend? How?

Yeah at Riverbend. They had some Country Mega Ticket thing that they called it. I bought it back in March and it gave me tickets to six different country concerts, all of which are big-time artists and their opening acts are very well known as well. It was advertised tons on the radio, if you are a country fan.

Yeah at Riverbend. They had some Country Mega Ticket thing that they called it. I bought it back in March and it gave me tickets to six different country concerts, all of which are big-time artists and their opening acts are very well known as well. It was advertised tons on the radio, if you are a country fan.

Oh, I like country music, just not what Riverbend is trying to pass off as such. Nothing in their lineup even remotely qualifies as country music.

You just opened up a can of......

Oh, I like country music, just not what Riverbend is trying to pass off as such. Nothing in their lineup even remotely qualifies as country music.

condescending, elitist criticism! :jump::jump:;)

And then regret missing when you realize it was the last "meaningful" exit forever for food and restrooms. :lol:

That's a good point, but then we would miss the glory of Ohio Co. Best to take care of that stuff in E'town anyway. Why make unnecessary stops on a highway you can usually get away with driving 90 on? :D

One thing I'm thinking of doing is the Louisville "Hometown Tourist" deal. The CVB is offering discount tickets to Kentucky residents for attractions, and hotels have added discounted rates for Kentucky Residents. I think I want to do the Ali Museum (although I'm a member there so I don't have to purchase that ticket), the Speed Art Museum, and the Friday Gallery Hop one day. I'd also like to do a day at the Zoo, and I know I'll spend several mornings hiking around Cherokee Park with my dog. I might do Shakespeare in the Park this year, it's always excellent. I also think I'll take in an IMAX movie. Other than that, some browsing in the Highlands shops sounds fun too. I'll hit the Italian Festival, since it's right around the corner, and a few church picnics too.

One thing I'm thinking of doing is the Louisville "Hometown Tourist" deal. The CVB is offering discount tickets to Kentucky residents for attractions, and hotels have added discounted rates for Kentucky Residents. I think I want to do the Ali Museum (although I'm a member there so I don't have to purchase that ticket), the Speed Art Museum, and the Friday Gallery Hop one day. I'd also like to do a day at the Zoo, and I know I'll spend several mornings hiking around Cherokee Park with my dog. I might do Shakespeare in the Park this year, it's always excellent. I also think I'll take in an IMAX movie. Other than that, some browsing in the Highlands shops sounds fun too. I'll hit the Italian Festival, since it's right around the corner, and a few church picnics too.

See, I plan on doing a few of these things when I take vacation as well, making it a lot easier to put off my NY trip. There are lots of things in Ky I've wanted to do but never had the time.

One benefit to being in Louisville is that there are tons of things to do. I get really irritated when people say there's nothing to do. We are really lucky here. We may not have pro-sports, but we have a very eclectic city, with lots to offer, and most of it really inexpensive, if not free. Shakespeare in the Park is free. The Speed and Ali Museums are really inexpensive. The Gallery Hop is free. I love simply walking through the neighborhoods around here in the Highlands looking at the architecture, and even strolling through Calvary Cemetary looking at the historic monuments. We have the zoo, the RiverBats, free concerts, community festivals, church picnics....I could go on and on. Oh! That reminds me! The Greek Festival is coming up! And, don't forget the TonyDanza festivals! Those are really good value as well!