Where are you going this summer?

UKPat02

One benefit to being in Louisville is that there are tons of things to do. I get really irritated when people say there's nothing to do. We are really lucky here. We may not have pro-sports, but we have a very eclectic city, with lots to offer, and most of it really inexpensive, if not free. Shakespeare in the Park is free. The Speed and Ali Museums are really inexpensive. The Gallery Hop is free. I love simply walking through the neighborhoods around here in the Highlands looking at the architecture, and even strolling through Calvary Cemetary looking at the historic monuments. We have the zoo, the RiverBats, free concerts, community festivals, church picnics....I could go on and on. Oh! That reminds me! The Greek Festival is coming up! And, don't forget the TonyDanza festivals! Those are really good value as well!

Greek Festival? What part of town? I loves me some baklava.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was looking for the info, and I can't find any for this year. :confused: It used to be on Garvin, in Louisville. Then, last year it was at The Belvedere. It was always the last weekend in June. But I can't find any listings for it. I'll keep looking.

Found it!

JUNE 23-25 Louisville's Greek Festival, Louisville, Belvedere. Friday and Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday, noon-7 p.m. Greek music, arts and crafts, food and children's activities. (502) 246-6036.

Found it!

JUNE 23-25 Louisville's Greek Festival, Louisville, Belvedere. Friday and Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday, noon-7 p.m. Greek music, arts and crafts, food and children's activities. (502) 246-6036.

Word. I'm there. I've not had a decent gyro in years. :thumb:

One benefit to being in Louisville is that there are tons of things to do. I get really irritated when people say there's nothing to do. We are really lucky here. We may not have pro-sports, but we have a very eclectic city, with lots to offer, and most of it really inexpensive, if not free. Shakespeare in the Park is free. The Speed and Ali Museums are really inexpensive. The Gallery Hop is free. I love simply walking through the neighborhoods around here in the Highlands looking at the architecture, and even strolling through Calvary Cemetary looking at the historic monuments. We have the zoo, the RiverBats, free concerts, community festivals, church picnics....I could go on and on. Oh! That reminds me! The Greek Festival is coming up! And, don't forget the TonyDanza festivals! Those are really good value as well!

Girlfriend you need to get out of the ville and live alittle. You need a little levee experience and a lttle Reds experience, and if you get here at the right time of the summer a little river and Highlands football experience.:banana:

Ask Tony D.

Girlfriend you need to get out of the ville and live alittle. You need a little levee experience and a lttle Reds experience, and if you get here at the right time of the summer a little river and Highlands football experience.:banana:

Ask Tony D.

Henry, I appreciate your concern, but I could say that you should get out of NKY and live a little down here. :p

For what it's worth, I'm intimately familiar with both locales, and neither is as great as you ladies make them out to be ... :sssh: :p

I could potentially have a chance to go to Tulsa, Oklahoma towards the end of this month. Not sure if I'll officially get the offer but it would be to go out there to work the CABA Baseball World Series for a couple age groups. If I'm offered there and things go well, I'm hoping for an offer to go to Aberdeen, Md. to work the Cal Ripken World Series. Keep your fingers crossed for me please! Thanks!

I could potentially have a chance to go to Tulsa, Oklahoma towards the end of this month. Not sure if I'll officially get the offer but it would be to go out there to work the CABA Baseball World Series for a couple age groups. If I'm offered there and things go well, I'm hoping for an offer to go to Aberdeen, Md. to work the Cal Ripken World Series. Keep your fingers crossed for me please! Thanks!

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear the bad news. Oklahoma. Ugh.

Staying home this summer and playing in the baby pool on the deck with my 20 month old. No need to travel. I took off these last two days to get away from the desk job and have had the best two days of the year just hanging out with her and splashing around. With the economy where it is, seriously we cancelled all trips this year and will be doing more local entertaining this summer. I may even take the family out to the Florence Aquatic Center soon.