May 12, 200818 yr I also forgot to mention about Deuce saying that the team would be affected by the loss of Williams. :lol: ...... As far as Williams go, I merely meant that he would be missed as a practice body. It's quite obvious he wasn't going to play, but having an extra person with that kind of size in practice would help the team, even if a little bit.
May 12, 200818 yr If not Joe and Ramel, who did you consider the leaders of the team at the beginning of this past season? I thought it was a team without leaders. And I don't know that it had one until after Christmas break.
May 12, 200818 yr I thought it was a team without leaders. And I don't know that it had one until after Christmas break. That's your opinion. :thumb:
May 12, 200818 yr An opinion most people would agree with... :thumb: I see Pat developing into a great leader. Jodie as well.
May 12, 200818 yr Patterson will be in next years draft. He'll be right there with Blake Griffin as the first two PFs taken IMO...
May 12, 200818 yr Patterson will be in next years draft. He'll be right there with Blake Griffin as the first two PFs taken IMO... Unfortunately, I agree.
May 12, 200818 yr Deuce... will Louisville be a National Title Contender next year? Even with the loss of one of their great leaders in Padgett, a big "body" in Caracter (who did see considerable minutes), and Palacios who also provided depth and a "body" to practice against? I don't see the Cards having a leader to step up to replace Padgett..... Also, your point about losing Bradley, Crawford, and Jasper is very correct and accurate... when you immediately look at the UK lineup it appears to be a major loss (and enough of one I don't expect the Cats to compete for the National Championship myself), but.. don't sell short the significance of a healthy Meeks which UK did not have this past season. I asked the quesion about UL as tongue in cheek... OF COURSE the Cards have an apparent chance to compete for the National Championship despite their losses. But, just because they lost Padgett doesn't mean they lost all their leadership, there are people dying on teams across the country to step up and take on the leadership role. Same can be said for UK. Patterson was every bit the leader Crawford was, maybe even more, by season's end Perry Stevenson also became a team spokesman and did everything in his power to step up his game to back up his talk. UL lost some size and depth, but their incoming class SHOULD supply sufficient aide, as will UK's. I concede UK has no legitimate shot at the National Title this year, but if Patterson stays one more year along with Meeks, there is no reason that they shouldn't have a fantastic, DEEP, squad in '09-'10 and beyond.
May 12, 200818 yr Comments like this, if you believe them, are what comprises the outrageous expectations that UK fans are becoming known for. We are on the way up, but 2 or 3 years is probably pushing it. Let's hope for an SEC title in that time frame. I believe sometimes we forget how hard winning a Nat'l Championship is. Furthermore, let's look at the last few teams that have won it- Kansas, Florida, UNC. What do they all have in common? A core of players that are deep and have played together for at least a year (KU- Robinson, Chalmers, Rush, Arthur; UF- Brewer, Horford, Noah, Humphrey; UNC- McCants, May, Felton). This game has become about recruiting and the ability to keep your players. Right now, in terms of players of the caliber of the aforementioned players, we have Patterson and Meeks (and who knows with his injuries). We don't have the core to make a run, and most of BCG's big recruits aren't coming in this year's class, and who knows how long Patterson and Meeks will stay. Sorry to be a downer in this thread, and I love UK and BCG as much as the next guy, but like mentioned earlier, we have to give him time before we begin with these outrageous claims. But he simply said contending for a nat'l title, not winning one. I consider contention to be the elite 8 or final 4.
May 12, 200818 yr If not Joe and Ramel, who did you consider the leaders of the team at the beginning of this past season? I thought it was a team without leaders. And I don't know that it had one until after Christmas break. :thumb: Maybe Ramel. But that was it.
May 12, 200818 yr Didn't miss the line-up at all...I gave a POSSIBLE line-up that COULD have happened...Nothing more, nothing less. And I didn't say anybody else thought they were leaders, I said that I did.... What purpose did that serve?
May 12, 200818 yr Author Deuce... will Louisville be a National Title Contender next year? Even with the loss of one of their great leaders in Padgett, a big "body" in Caracter (who did see considerable minutes), and Palacios who also provided depth and a "body" to practice against? I don't see the Cards having a leader to step up to replace Padgett..... Also, your point about losing Bradley, Crawford, and Jasper is very correct and accurate... when you immediately look at the UK lineup it appears to be a major loss (and enough of one I don't expect the Cats to compete for the National Championship myself), but.. don't sell short the significance of a healthy Meeks which UK did not have this past season. I asked the quesion about UL as tongue in cheek... OF COURSE the Cards have an apparent chance to compete for the National Championship despite their losses. But, just because they lost Padgett doesn't mean they lost all their leadership, there are people dying on teams across the country to step up and take on the leadership role. Same can be said for UK. Patterson was every bit the leader Crawford was, maybe even more, by season's end Perry Stevenson also became a team spokesman and did everything in his power to step up his game to back up his talk. UL lost some size and depth, but their incoming class SHOULD supply sufficient aide, as will UK's. I concede UK has no legitimate shot at the National Title this year, but if Patterson stays one more year along with Meeks, there is no reason that they shouldn't have a fantastic, DEEP, squad in '09-'10 and beyond. Great points! But it's probably different with his UL team. As a UL fan, his job is to put UK down and try to keep them down. I understand that, you have to just realize where the points are coming from. I'm sure it's a double standard with UL and UK.
May 13, 200818 yr Great points! But it's probably different with his UL team. As a UL fan, his job is to put UK down and try to keep them down. I understand that, you have to just realize where the points are coming from. I'm sure it's a double standard with UL and UK. You have alot to learn....:sleep:
May 13, 200818 yr Author You have alot to learn....:sleep: From you? :laugh::laugh::laugh: :rolleyes:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.