Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any nay-sayers anymore?

Featured Replies

While "my" line-up may have never actually happened, the opportunity for it to happen was there. Your 09-10 line-up may not happen either.

 

I do agree that the team slowly got better over the season, but what you have to remember, they've now lost 2/3 of their offensive production. While not at all impossible to be replaced, I just find it hard to be certain that that level of leadership and point production can be replaced in two seasons.

It's college basketball, not the NFL. ANYTHING can happen in two years.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing I'll say on this matter is that UK will not be competing for a national championship in the next three years, and DEFINITELY not in the next two...

 

 

 

The only thing I'll say on the matter is, UK will win a NC before Louisville does.

The only thing I'll say on the matter is, UK will win a NC before Louisville does.

 

Based on what ?

 

Billy G. has done a nice job so far in my opinion. I love the way he recruits. He's going to bring in the talent thats for sure.

 

It's going to take him a few years to start getting in on these kids though. Pitino has already situated himself at UL, he has a better class coming in and should have the better team next year.

 

It's way too early to be predicting national championships. Do I think Billy G. will get one at UK ? Sure I do, if he keeps up the hard work. Do I think it will be in the next 3 or 4 seasons ? I guess anything is possible but it's not likely.

 

I'd love to see a list of coaches that won a NC as a head coach in their first 3 years of coaching a team. Tubby did it but he stepped into a gold mine.

 

These things take time guys.

While "my" line-up may have never actually happened, the opportunity for it to happen was there. Your 09-10 line-up may not happen either.

 

I do agree that the team slowly got better over the season, but what you have to remember, they've now lost 2/3 of their offensive production. While not at all impossible to be replaced, I just find it hard to be certain that that level of leadership and point production can be replaced in two seasons.

 

In two seasons of NCAA basketball anything can happen, really only need one. Oden & Conley, Durant & Augustine, etc. IMO in NCAA basketball more than any other sport, freshman are able to make a tremendous impact. Add one or two of the right guys and any team can be a national championship contender.

Durant & Augustine

 

Crush and DJ replaced lottery picks that replaced lottery picks...

 

Add one or two of the right guys and any team can be a national championship contender.

 

Just like K State, USC, LSU, Oklahoma and several others this year. If the one and done stud(s) isn't the final piece to the puzzle, you can be good, but not great...

While "my" line-up may have never actually happened, the opportunity for it to happen was there.

 

Bad argument. It didn't happen. If it had happened, UK would have been better.

 

You're arguing that to be better than this year, the 09-10 team would have to be better than Joe, Ramel, Jodie, Ramon, and Patrick. Well that wasn't this years team.

 

Those 5 were all available for only 7 games all season.

The only thing I'll say on the matter is, UK will win a NC before Louisville does.

 

Good Luck. :thumb:

Bad argument. It didn't happen. If it had happened, UK would have been better.

 

You're arguing that to be better than this year, the 09-10 team would have to be better than Joe, Ramel, Jodie, Ramon, and Patrick. Well that wasn't this years team.

 

Those 5 were all available for only 7 games all season.

 

Fair enough... My point is that UK won't have the leadership they had this year for at least two to three years. They'll be lucky if Pat stays more than two years (JMO), and other than Jodie Meeks, nobody else on that team has the leadership ability Bradley and Crawford had.

Fair enough... My point is that UK won't have the leadership they had this year for at least two to three years. They'll be lucky if Pat stays more than two years (JMO), and other than Jodie Meeks, nobody else on that team has the leadership ability Bradley and Crawford had.

 

Would you have called Ramel and Joe leaders coming into this season? Me either. You dont think any of these guys can develop into a good leader. Meeks, maybe Jasper if he returns, Patterson will be a big leader next year and if he stays longer then for a few more years. Harrellson is of that age and Stevenson really stepped up last year and became more vocal. You act like Joe and Ramel are irreplaceable. If I had said something like that this time last year you would have laughed me off the site. Therfore, its tough to know who will be a leader two years from now.

Deuce, you are out of practice. :lol:

You missed semantics, not only saying so, but then quoting it at the same time. Then you missed the lineup. Now you are saying everybody thought Ramel and Joe would be good leaders last year. It's best to come back slowly...

  • Author
:lol: Yes you did, in your very first post...

 

 

 

And as far why it won't happen in the next two years... Who does UK have coming in that will be better than Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford in the two year time frame? UK barely made the tourney last year with those two and Patrick Patterson....Not to mention you're losing another guard with significant experience in Jasper, and a body inside in Williams.

 

UH, READ IT AGAIN Duece!! I said contending. :p:D:rolleyes:

 

But anyway, Crawford and Bradley did not have Patterson in the tournament this year and losing Williams isn't too much of a loss. UK has several players coming in next year that will contribute immediately. Miller and Liggins are both big-time talents not to mention Galloway and Harrellson who are quality players. Combine that with Patterson, Meeks, and Stevenson (possibly Jasper, it's not a done deal yet) as well as the rest of them and I think we'll be alright. We could also still get a bigtime kid not mentioned yet in next year. In the 2009 class you have Jon Hood (4 star, ranked 39th) and GJ Valarino as of right now with more to come if scholly's open. Now, in 2010 we have a great class coming in Dakotah Euton and Dominique Ferguson( both projected top 10 players) along with K.C. Ross-Miller. I might even be forgeting someone here or there. Most of all that BCG has done since the end of the season with more to come. Throw in Avery and Vollo coming and that is an impressive work load in that short amount of time. Everyone of these players may not end up coming to UK and BCG might have many different players end up coming here but I believe he will get the talent here to UK in a short period. JMO!

 

I just believe that BCG will have us contending in 3 yrs, that is my opinion. I don't expect it and it may take longer and that will be just fine to me but it's just something that I believe. I'm probably in the minority here but that's OK too. I believe in BCG, his recruiting skills, his developemental skills, and his coaching skills. He turned Texas A&M from Big 12 bottom feeders to national contenders in a very short period without most of the resources that UK has to offer.

Deuce, you are out of practice. :lol:

You missed semantics, not only saying so, but then quoting it at the same time. Then you missed the lineup. Now you are saying everybody thought Ramel and Joe would be good leaders last year. It's best to come back slowly...

 

I also forgot to mention about Deuce saying that the team would be affected by the loss of Williams. :lol:

  • Author
In two seasons of NCAA basketball anything can happen, really only need one. Oden & Conley, Durant & Augustine, etc. IMO in NCAA basketball more than any other sport, freshman are able to make a tremendous impact. Add one or two of the right guys and any team can be a national championship contender.

 

Great Post!! Great Point!! College basketball is completely different now-a-days. I think many coaches look at bluechips as 2 yr players instead of four year players. One great class can take you to the title. The Florida stars were sophomores when they won their first title. Senoir lead championship teams are becoming fewer and fewer in this day in age.

Would you have called Ramel and Joe leaders coming into this season? Me either.

 

If not Joe and Ramel, who did you consider the leaders of the team at the beginning of this past season?

Deuce, you are out of practice. :lol:

You missed semantics, not only saying so, but then quoting it at the same time. Then you missed the lineup. Now you are saying everybody thought Ramel and Joe would be good leaders last year. It's best to come back slowly...

 

Didn't miss the line-up at all...I gave a POSSIBLE line-up that COULD have happened...Nothing more, nothing less. And I didn't say anybody else thought they were leaders, I said that I did....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.