Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any nay-sayers anymore?

Featured Replies

Liggins ? did he qualify? Miller instate kid great recruit for UK. The other two there were several schools that didn't want them.

 

Again playing both sides of the coin. Galloway and Harrelson are juco players, meaning there was some reason that they didn't sign with a school right out of high school. Rodney Dent and Dale Brown come to mind as past juco players who helped UK and these two may be just what is needed. Still, a program that is hitting on all cylinders will only rarely go after juco players.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the other two finished JUCO how does that make them leaving a school that didn't want them? Pepper I believe we were posting at the same time.

I think the other two finished JUCO how does that make them leaving a school that didn't want them? Pepper I believe we were posting at the same time.

 

I'm not sure I understand the question but in most cases a kid goes to a juco because he can't qualify for a D1 program or was not viewed as having the skills to compete at that level. In some cases grades and skills are improved while at juco and he is a good addition to a college program. There is a risk, though, that the same issues that kept the player from reaching his potential either athletically or academically in high school will resurface.

Again playing both sides of the coin. Galloway and Harrelson are juco players, meaning there was some reason that they didn't sign with a school right out of high school. Rodney Dent and Dale Brown come to mind as past juco players who helped UK and these two may be just what is needed. Still, a program that is hitting on all cylinders will only rarely go after juco players.

 

Along with Heshimu Evans, who many think was the MVP of the '98 team.

Along with Heshimu Evans, who many think was the MVP of the '98 team.

 

Heshimu Evans was a transfer from Manhattan. He was not a juco player.

They are on a roll, check out the latest prospect on UK's radar....

BCG Recruiting.jpg

  • Author
But he simply said contending for a nat'l title, not winning one. I consider contention to be the elite 8 or final 4.

 

:thumb: Exactly! That is exactly what I meant by contending for a title. The Final Four and Elite 8 is contending to me and I believe BCG will have us there is 3 years.

  • Author
How was that a negative post? It was an insightful post with him explaining why it wouldn't happen in the next two or three years. It had substance. It WAS a good post...:rolleyes:

 

Sure. It did have substance but it was negative toward UK. I don't mean that he was bashing UK but he was giving his opinion on why UK WOULDN'T contend, that's not something that I would call positive toward UK. That's why I figured you would agree. Anything about UK not doing well seems to get your approval.

Sure. It did have substance but it was negative toward UK. I don't mean that he was bashing UK but he was giving his opinion on why UK WOULDN'T contend, that's not something that I would call positive toward UK. That's why I figured you would agree. Anything about UK not doing well seems to get your approval.

And you provide the opposite perspective. I'd say it evens out the debate. Six of one, half dozen of the other...

  • Author
Not from me, about me... If you paid attention AT ALL to my posts in basketball season, I may be one of the most critical posters about UL basketball (and football for that matter). I critique my team just as much as any other on this board, and if you think UK is going to be an exception, then I suggest you block my posts from showing up on your screen.

 

I've read your post. I would doubt your loyalty to UL if you didn't critique UK every chance you got. LOL!! I understand that. It's what UL fans do! You can critique UK all you want because that's what UL fans always do and I don't put too much merit on their opinions and feelings about UK, as I'm sure you wouldn't if I critiqued UL. Whether you critique your own team is your prerogative.

  • Author
Now Now....I understand this is a forum and everyone has their opinion but lets be realistic. Im a UK grad and was there under the Pitino era, love every mintue of it. We have to give BG a few years to get his guys in here to contend or compete for a NAtional title. It's so unrealistic to think we would even make it to the sweet sixteen next year and I love my CATS!! I truly believe we have the right coach in place to get back to our winning tradition but its going to take a little time. We have a recruiter who is going to go out and get the needed kids, and thats has been lacking for a while. We need to just be patient and our winning ways will return soon enough.....:thumb:

 

I was also at UK during the Pitino era. I was there is 1996 during my freshman year on Woodland and Euclid and then again during my Junior year in 1998. I also LOVED every single moment of every single game and I had the time of my life. I opened this thread to give my opinion on what I thought BCG was capable of with the resources UK has to offer. I truely believe that he will have us contending( Elite 8 at least) in 2 or 3 years. That is not an expectation at all! I don't ecpect BCG to make it that far in that short of a timefram BUT I think he can and will. I don't was to be misunderstood as "THAT GUY" who is an unrealistic crazed headhunting UK CRITIC who gives the rest of us UK fans a terrible reputation. I'm not him, I'm actually completely different and I consider myself and pretty open-minded level-headed UK fan who is not too blinded by my love for UK to be realistic about things. I was only giving my opinion on what I believe BCG can accomplish in his first few years at the helm. That was the purpose for this thread. GO CATS!! Keep'em coming BCG!!!

  • Author
And you provide the opposite perspective. I'd say it evens out the debate. Six of one, half dozen of the other...

 

Absolutely! It goes both ways!:thumb:

If it's not too late to respond to the original topic, count me among the doubters. Not quite a naysayer, but not convinced either. I just don't see it as that difficult to sway middle school and freshmen players and their egotistical daddies to commit to anything. In addition, it will be years before we can determine how these gambles will pay off. Basicaly, he has shown me very little so far.

 

Totally agree. Next years recruiting class is very thin based on big-time college standards. Not one that would make a program a contender in a couple of years.

I've read your post. I would doubt your loyalty to UL if you didn't critique UK every chance you got. LOL!! I understand that. It's what UL fans do! You can critique UK all you want because that's what UL fans always do and I don't put too much merit on their opinions and feelings about UK, as I'm sure you wouldn't if I critiqued UL. Whether you critique your own team is your prerogative.

 

If your posts are insightful and actually make valid points, I have no choice but to take merit in what you have to say. It's hard to discredit what someone says when they provide good discussion, no matter what team they root for. To just throw out whatever I have to say, regardless of content, because Im a UL fan is a little much, IMO.

How was that a negative post? It was an insightful post with him explaining why it wouldn't happen in the next two or three years. It had substance. It WAS a good post...:rolleyes:

 

In your "humble" opinion...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.