Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any nay-sayers anymore?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Excellent post. :thumb:

 

Gimme a Break!:rolleyes: Any negative post about UK or UK fans seems to get your approval. :rolleyes:

  • Replies 115
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Now....I understand this is a forum and everyone has their opinion but lets be realistic. Im a UK grad and was there under the Pitino era, love every mintue of it. We have to give BG a few years to get his guys in here to contend or compete for a NAtional title. It's so unrealistic to think we would even make it to the sweet sixteen next year and I love my CATS!! I truly believe we have the right coach in place to get back to our winning tradition but its going to take a little time. We have a recruiter who is going to go out and get the needed kids, and thats has been lacking for a while. We need to just be patient and our winning ways will return soon enough.....:thumb:

Gimme a Break!:rolleyes: Any negative post about UK or UK fans seems to get your approval. :rolleyes:

 

How was that a negative post? It was an insightful post with him explaining why it wouldn't happen in the next two or three years. It had substance. It WAS a good post...:rolleyes:

Things can change drastically from year-to-year in college basketball. There's no way to prove or disprove that UK will be good enough to contend, or compete if you prefer (still trying to figure out the difference), for a national title. I think they could, but a lot of things have to happen...

 

1. Patterson must stay at UK

2. They have to stay healthy (particularly key players like Meeks and PP)

3. The incoming recruits have to be as good as advertised

 

There are probably other things, but you get the point. There is no way to say for sure how any of those things will turn out. You can't fault a person for being optimistic and thinking it will work, and you can't fault someone for being more skeptical...it is what it is.

 

I feel very good about Gillispie and the direction UK is headed.

From you? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

 

 

 

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

Not from me, about me... If you paid attention AT ALL to my posts in basketball season, I may be one of the most critical posters about UL basketball (and football for that matter). I critique my team just as much as any other on this board, and if you think UK is going to be an exception, then I suggest you block my posts from showing up on your screen.

Now Now....I understand this is a forum and everyone has their opinion but lets be realistic. Im a UK grad and was there under the Pitino era, love every mintue of it. We have to give BG a few years to get his guys in here to contend or compete for a NAtional title. It's so unrealistic to think we would even make it to the sweet sixteen next year and I love my CATS!! I truly believe we have the right coach in place to get back to our winning tradition but its going to take a little time. We have a recruiter who is going to go out and get the needed kids, and thats has been lacking for a while. We need to just be patient and our winning ways will return soon enough.....:thumb:

 

Tar and feather this guy!!! :laugh:

You never learn...

 

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

If it's not too late to respond to the original topic, count me among the doubters. Not quite a naysayer, but not convinced either. I just don't see it as that difficult to sway middle school and freshmen players and their egotistical daddies to commit to anything. In addition, it will be years before we can determine how these gambles will pay off. Basicaly, he has shown me very little so far.

If it's not too late to respond to the original topic, count me among the doubters. Not quite a naysayer, but not convinced either. I just don't see it as that difficult to sway middle school and freshmen players and their egotistical daddies to commit to anything. In addition, it will be years before we can determine how these gambles will pay off. Basicaly, he has shown me very little so far.

 

I agree. I'm not so sure that the recruits coming next year are what is expected at a program like UK.

He has proved his worth as a bench coach, IMHO. He is living up to his billing as a top notch recruiter. I vividly remember a Iowa St. coach telling me that Billy G. was the most dogged recruiter in the country and his staff was likewise. He also said Billy G.'s staff was probably one of the top five in the country, combining X's and O's with recruiting.

I agree. I'm not so sure that the recruits coming next year are what is expected at a program like UK.

 

Yeah... who wants Liggins, Miller, Galloway, and Harrellson?

If it's not too late to respond to the original topic, count me among the doubters. Not quite a naysayer, but not convinced either. I just don't see it as that difficult to sway middle school and freshmen players and their egotistical daddies to commit to anything. In addition, it will be years before we can determine how these gambles will pay off. Basicaly, he has shown me very little so far.

 

Are you talking exclusively about his recruiting or also about his coaching ability as a whole?

 

I think getting Patterson, Legion, Liggins, and Miller shows he can recruit very good players (all top 50 prospects). Also, Jon Hood and Ferguson are legit very good prospects from what I understand. Gillispie is doing very well!

Are you talking exclusively about his recruiting or also about his coaching ability as a whole?

 

I think getting Patterson, Legion, Liggins, and Miller shows he can recruit very good players (all top 50 prospects). Also, Jon Hood and Ferguson are legit very good prospects from what I understand. Gillispie is doing very well!

 

Overall coaching, I think. Let me preface this by saying I am a UK fan and, I think, a fan of Coach G. However, the early posts in this thread (before the anti-UK crowd brought us back to Earth with "insightful" observations) were leaning toward Coach Gillespie having already proven his worth and all being well. My leaning is more toward the jury still being out. I could no more be convinced that he is the wrong man for the job than I am that he is just what we need. For example, we can't really be sure just how much influence it took to get Patterson and Legion into the fold. It may have been mostly Billy but it could also be that Patterson only needed confirmation. Legion was a malcontent who had already abandoned one commitment. Did BCG lose Lucas or was that not going to happen anyway? I don't know. Injuries worry me. No one can predict them and sometimes things just happen but what concerned me was how long minor things lasted and seemed to get worse. Tranfers, both to and from, can be a concern. Juco players, a slick move or a patch with a problem?

 

If nothing else, UK under Rick and Tubby has shed the image of a win at all cost cheater. I'm not convinced that Billy would do anything to tarnish that image but we have heard the rumors.

 

Can you see what I'm saying? For every argument pro or con, there is an almost equal argument. I'm not presenting these as faults, but merely implying the jury is still out. Let's wait and see what happens.

Yeah... who wants Liggins, Miller, Galloway, and Harrellson?

 

Liggins ? did he qualify? Miller instate kid great recruit for UK. The other two there were several schools that didn't want them. One of them will be homesick in a year also.

I really like Gillispie. I think UK has a great coach and recruiter...but, that's just a personal opinion. He hasn't proven himself beyond any doubt by any means though...if someone is skeptical or taking a wait-and-see approach, what is wrong with that?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.