Ocean Cooling to Briefly Halt Global Warming

Sure you are, the original post had to do with him making money off of speaking on Global Warming. Nice try though.

Wow. You are joking right? You are reaching faaaar now. Please...keep going this is hilarious. :laugh:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A by-product? :lol: He invested a lot of money with Capricorn Investment Group LLC, a Palo Alto, California, firm that selects the private funds for clients and invests in makers of environmentally friendly products. Come on, give me a break here. :lol:

So you don't think different social and world conflict issues bring in different amounts of money? You don't think different types of charities bring in more money than others? Give me a break, it's a pretty simple point...

Oh please, it's Al Gore we're talking about. He’s not near as righteous as you make him out to be. Same goes for that nut job Bono who speaks out both sides of his mouth.

Gore has been caught time and again in lies and half truths to promote himself and he just gets richer and richer off of those he has duped. Every time he’s called on one of his lies he claims there’s nothing to debate and the “non-believers” are “flat earthers”.

I didn't say he was righteous. As to the rest, I guess time will tell. Unfortunately, even if Gore is incorrect, there's not much liklihood that you or I will live to know for sure. I prefer to err on the side of caution, and do anything I feasibly can to lessen my carbon footprint. I see nothing wrong in admitting that even though there are forces of nature at work that I can't control, there are many things in modern life that are conveniences to us now, but not good of the future of the plante.

Wow. You are joking right? You are reaching faaaar now. Please...keep going this is hilarious. :laugh:
You're the one giving me the material. :lol: You should do this for a living, I mean really! :lol: :lol: :lol: You even posted ice isn't supposed to melt in the arctic in the summer in your own thread and tried to say that you weren't saying it was or was not going to melt, just that it isn't supposed to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh, I haven't laughed that hard in a looooooong time.

So you don't think different social and world conflict issues bring in different amounts of money? You don't think different types of charities bring in more money than others? Give me a break, it's a pretty simple point...
The only simple point, that you don't seem to get, is he whipped up the country into a global warming frenzy and then he invests money in a company that invests in makers of environmentally friendly products. He 's making a killing off of this. There's no charity in that. :lol:

You're the one giving me the material. :lol: You should do this for a living, I mean really! :lol: :lol: :lol: You even posted ice isn't supposed to melt in the arctic in the summer in your own thread and tried to say that you weren't saying it was or was not going to melt, just that it isn't supposed to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh, I haven't laughed that hard in a looooooong time.

I think we should just agree to stop here. I'm going to have to go in to the same thinking mode I go into when I'm substitute teaching at the local middle school if I want to continue this conversation with you. I don't think that is necessary.

I think we should just agree to stop here. I'm going to have to go in to the same thinking mode I go into when I'm substitute teaching at the local middle school if I want to continue this conversation with you. I don't think that is necessary.
Well, you're usally in that mode, so you should be fine. ;)

I didn't say he was righteous. As to the rest, I guess time will tell. Unfortunately, even if Gore is incorrect, there's not much liklihood that you or I will live to know for sure. I prefer to err on the side of caution, and do anything I feasibly can to lessen my carbon footprint. I see nothing wrong in admitting that even though there are forces of nature at work that I can't control, there are many things in modern life that are conveniences to us now, but not good of the future of the plante.
That's fine with me RM, I guess I'm just saying I'd rather see the money we're wasting on nothing more than a wild guess on more important issues. That's my biggest problem with it.

Why should the thread be closed?

Because the argument has digressed so far from the thread topic (ocean cooling to briefly halt global warming) to Gore's honesty to who's stretching more/who's argument is weaker.

I don't care if the thread is actually closed, I'm just tired of the absurd discussions going on. But I can also just get off BGP if it really bothers me, I was just joking around with the state of this thread.