Chad Johnson wants out. NOW!

The Scribe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benching Chad to make a point would be a typical Bengals move...stupid. Trade him ASAP and get some draft picks or whatever you can for him.

I've been tired of Chad's act for a good two years now. Way before he started publicly whining.

At this point, they'll probably only get one additional draft pick in a year they already have 10. Plus, as mentioned, they'll be taking a nearly $9 million cap hit. Sit him and recoup some of that money through fines. Teams need to quit giving into these prima-donas. They signed a contract, and they should live up to it, especially in this situation. He's put up great numbers with a qb that's still going to be there, his buddy is still lining up next to him, and the same head coach is still at the helm. There haven't been any drastic changes since he last signed, so he should have to live with his decision.

In essence, by restructuring the remainder of Johnson's existing contract, which was set to run through the 2009 campaign, the Bengals created a six-year deal with a total value of $35.5 million.

"In terms of 'new money,' and just being unique from the standpoint of being able to do something for a player who still had four years left on his [existing] contract, it's really monumental," said agent Drew Rosenhaus, who was hired by Johnson a year ago to upgrade his contract "As long as I've been doing this, I've never been able to get an extension like this, basically because of the time remaining on the contract. It's historical. And it's a testament to Chad, and how well he's performed, and to Bengals management for the way they have handled this and the commitment they've made to him."

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/2008/04/monumental-historical-chad.asp#comments

In essence, by restructuring the remainder of Johnson's existing contract, which was set to run through the 2009 campaign, the Bengals created a six-year deal with a total value of $35.5 million.

"In terms of 'new money,' and just being unique from the standpoint of being able to do something for a player who still had four years left on his [existing] contract, it's really monumental," said agent Drew Rosenhaus, who was hired by Johnson a year ago to upgrade his contract "As long as I've been doing this, I've never been able to get an extension like this, basically because of the time remaining on the contract. It's historical. And it's a testament to Chad, and how well he's performed, and to Bengals management for the way they have handled this and the commitment they've made to him."

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/daugherty/2008/04/monumental-historical-chad.asp#comments

Nevermind. :-)

We'll see when he starts getting hit in the pocket book!

I'm sure some team would be willing to give up a 1st or a 2nd rounder.

If I were an NFL GM and my team was in need of a WR, my 1st rounder would definitely be on the table for Chad Johnson.

Other teams may be on the table but that doesn't change the fact the bengals will not be willing to take a $9 million cap hit. They were talking on ESPN today how numerous teams have contacted the bengals about Chad but the bengals have ignored them basically. And there is nothing wrong with that either.

I'm sure some team would be willing to give up a 1st or a 2nd rounder.

If I were an NFL GM and my team was in need of a WR, my 1st rounder would definitely be on the table for Chad Johnson.

I agree...I could see it being similar to Corey Dillon's situation when he went to New England. Chad was never deemed a problem until this past year...put him on a team that is competitive and he'll be fine. I don't blame him for being frustrated with the Bengals ineptitude almost across the board. I don't agree with how he's handled it, but he has a right to be upset. They can't get anything right.

The Bengals are handling this well; no comment; let the baby cry until 2011; when he doesn't show up, all the better.

Paul Brown said, "Everyone is important; nobody is necessary." The Bengals are going to run the ball more anyway; they will win more and he would get mad because his numbers will go down.

I love it.

I hope the Bengals ferberize this whiny baby. "Please Carson don't take away my bargaining power by telling them that i will report." Is anybody else tired of Chad Johnson. I hate the Bengals but I'm starting to empathize with your situation. Shut up and play.