Chad Johnson wants out. NOW!

The Scribe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals are handling this well; no comment; let the baby cry until 2011; when he doesn't show up, all the better.

Paul Brown said, "Everyone is important; nobody is necessary." The Bengals are going to run the ball more anyway; they will win more and he would get mad because his numbers will go down.

I love it.

Unfortunately Paul didn't pass along any of the wisdom to Mikey boy. I'd say the Bengals would be making a huge mistake if the decide to run the ball "more". Their only shot (and it's a long one) is to put the burden on the "franchise" QB. As far as Chad is concerned, I can't say I agree with what he is doing, but I doubt you replace his value to the offense.

You've got to be kidding me...

Sorry, but no, I'm not kidding. The Bengals had a rising playoff team just a few years ago...they were being touted as the Colts-lite...but instead of continuing to build, they squandered draft picks, didn't make any good moves, etc. As one of the foundations of the franchise, I'd be upset as well with the ineptitude of the front office. Like I said, I don't agree with how he's gone about voicing his opinion, but I can't fault him for being upset.

And yes, put him on a winning team and he'll be fine. He was never viewed as a problem in Cincy until the 2007 season...

If a team feels like it needs a big time WR to get in the thick of the playoff or Super Bowl picture, then they absolutely should look into trading for CJ.

You think KC would give up their 1st rounder, AND pay cash to Cincy for CJ? That would never happen.

Why would it never happen? Because of the stable of WR's they have had in the past 20 years:lol: CJ, D. Bowe, Tony G and L. Johnson would be a pretty nice crew to surround your young QB with!

Why would it never happen? Because of the stable of WR's they have had in the past 20 years:lol: CJ, D. Bowe, Tony G and L. Johnson would be a pretty nice crew to surround your young QB with!

Never say never, but the Chiefs trading for CJ wouldn't make the most sense to me. I don't see anyone giving a top 10 pick for Chad. As for the Chiefs, they need to figure out if they are comfortable with their current QB situation...if not, they may try to get Ryan if he's available. After that, I don't see WR as their top priority...Bowe showed a lot of promise as a rookie, so they have to work on the assumption that he will improve. Add an improved and experienced Bowe with LJ and Gonzo and they have a pretty good skill nucleus. They need to solidify the o-line or improve their defense...I expect their pick to go there if they don't take a QB.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080417/SPT02/304170054/

The Road to T.O.Ville is clear now. All it took was one last, unfortunate gesture on the part of the Player Formerly Known as Chad. Chad Johnson blew up Carson Palmer Wednesday, same as Terrell Owens did to Donovan McNabb when both were in Philadelphia.

Johnson is following the Drew Rosenhaus, how-to-force-a-trade manual, right down to the last burnt bridge. All it’s costing him is the affection of an entire city.

Because they're not going to give up a top 5 pick and pay the Bengals cash.

I had some free time today and decided to look up some stats on Chad Johnson vs Pittsburgh Steelers.

IN 4 years and 9 games, which I included the 05 playoff game.

Chad has 43 catches for 604 yards and one TD that occurred in November of 04.

To break it down to average per game.

4.7 catches, 67 yards and 1 TD every nine games.

I know Chad had 15 catches for over 250 yards and 2 TD last year against Cleveland in 07.

I would like to see Cleveland and Cincy split next year and CJ would help with that... :D

Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said Thursday it would be best if the Cincinnati Bengals and disgruntled receiver Chad Johnson parted ways.

"If he's not traded it's going to be a problem." Houshmandzadeh told ESPN's Bob Holtzman.

Houshmandzadeh told ESPN he talked with both Johnson and quarterback Carson Palmer on Wednesday after Johnson demanded a trade from Cincinnati.

Houshmandzadeh said Johnson reiterated to him: "I'm not playing."

"I think eventually he'll show up, but then you have to worry about how much of a distraction he'll be," Houshmandzadeh told ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351518