Chad Johnson wants out. NOW!

The Scribe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots went to the Super Bowl with Deon Branch, David Patten, and Troy Brown; you underestimate what a good running game and franchise QB can do.

The Bengals are not the Patriots. The Patriots have a great coach and at the time a solid defense.

And Tom Brady is much better than Carson Palmer.

Unfortunately Paul didn't pass along any of the wisdom to Mikey boy. I'd say the Bengals would be making a huge mistake if the decide to run the ball "more". Their only shot (and it's a long one) is to put the burden on the "franchise" QB. As far as Chad is concerned, I can't say I agree with what he is doing, but I doubt you replace his value to the offense.

I totally concur; Mike is no Paul. Look at the 2003 and 2004 draft picks; out of 11 defensive draft picks, only Geathers is above average. If they had just hit on half of the remaining 10, they would have a much better defense; they did much better in '05, '06, '07.

The Bengals ABSOLUTElY must run the ball more, which will make it easier for Carson to keep the chains moving; 2 TEs will help with that by making the play action more effective. It will also run the clock more to cover for the weaker Defense, although they will be better assuming they stay relatively healthy, especially vs. the Steelers and the Raves defense.

With a healthy Rudi(plus Watson and Dorsey more and possibly a draft pick), Levi and Willie and a much more athletic Stacy Andrews starting and 2 TEs; they should be able to run on anyone or at least draw up the safeties and LBs which opens it up for Carson.

It all star

The analyst on ESPN were saying how Mike Brown is too old school and won't let the players force his hand and that he needs to understand the league has changed, but they failed to mention the cap hit that the Bengals would take if they traded him...

The Bengals are not the Patriots. The Patriots have a great coach and at the time a solid defense.

And Tom Brady is much better than Carson Palmer.

Much better?????

That stats don't bear that out.

If you claim Super Bowl wins, the Pats defense you mention, had a lot to do with that.

Look at what CP had to deal with last year though.

I agree with that. CP will never approach what Brady did last year on this team. I just wonder how long he accepts the mediocrity of his team. If he wants any chance to achieve historical greatness, he needs to bail.

Their defense had a lot to do with it, but he didn't just win one. He's won multiple.

Yes, because of the Patriots' TEAM!

When he had his best weapons available, he lost to the Giants- not his fault, but it proves that a QB never wins by himself, as many like to claim.

I agree with that. CP will never approach what Brady did last year on this team. I just wonder how long he accepts the mediocrity of his team. If he wants any chance to achieve historical greatness, he needs to bail.

Wish all you want for that one, he will never bail.

He will reach historical greatness, no matter what the team does around him, as long as he remains healthy.

Again Brady lost last year because the TEAM failed, but no one thinks any less of him. P. Manning's numbers decreased and his team finally won the Super Bowl; Carson would gladly take lesser numbers for more wins; he has set numerous records the last 2 years, but they didn't get the job done.

Fewer TDs and yards will equal more victories for the Bengals.

Wish all you want for that one, he will never bail.

He will reach historical greatness, no matter what the team does around him, as long as he remains healthy.

Again Brady lost last year because the TEAM failed, but no one thinks any less of him. P. Manning's numbers decreased and his team finally won the Super Bowl; Carson would gladly take lesser numbers for more wins; he has set numerous records the last 2 years, but they didn't get the job done.

Fewer TDs and yards will equal more victories for the Bengals.

Are more Field Goals going to do it?:lol: