CovCath 3 Ryle 0

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think either team should be overly proud of that game. It surely didn't look like two of the top three teams in NKY.

:thumb: Agree! Still early, of course, but if this is the best that NKY has to offer this year (yes, I know BHS is in the mix) then there will be no state crown coming up north from Applebee's.

Tyler Holocher, who has taken a lot of heat from some fans about not only his fielding but his lack of hitting, answered those critics with an outstanding game in the field and at the plate. In the bottom of the fourth with the bases loaded of Raiders, a Ryle batter #28 hit a slow grounder to Holly who charged the ball, scooped it up, and then gunned the runner down at 1st. In the top of the 5th, Holly sent a shot down the left field line and showed his speed, by turning it into a double. That hit sparked the Colonels to score all there three runs of the game in that inning. An outstanding game by a great kid.

Another kid who has taken some grief so far this season second basemen Brandon Lafever. All he did was to get a RBI, and ended the game with a nice catch that he turned into a DP.

It appears that the raiders were simply outmatched in this one. Especially the middle infielders with both bats and gloves.

All kidding aside Old Guy....congrats on the win.

Both teams are going to have to get a lot better if they want to be playing at Champions Window Field in June.

Agreed and that is why I said, while I am happy with the win today, it's the victory in late May, that I want so very much more so.

CovCath "D" and mental approach to the game was 1,000% better today and Tuesday than against Conner on Monday.

If you don't mind my saying so, your hitters seemed to want to slap at the ball, and not swing at the ball today. Understand? They seemed to be batting defensively while CovCath was too aggressive today at the plate and were not patient at all.

Both team I thought played well enough in the field, especially when you consider how early in the season it is, but both had some brains Fa*ts on the base-paths.

All in all the victory today by CovCath means nothing unless they can do it at Champion Window Field in May...

See you Saturday, but the weather looks bad for Saturday game at CovCath.

Tyler Holocher, who has taken a lot of heat from some fans about not only his fielding but his lack of hitting, answered those critics with an outstanding game in the field and at the plate. In the bottom of the fourth with the bases loaded of Raiders, a Ryle batter #28 hit a slow grounder to Holly who charged the ball, scooped it up, and then gunned the runner down at 1st. In the top of the 5th, Holly sent a shot down the left field line and showed his speed, by turning it into a double. That hit sparked the Colonels to score all there three runs of the game in that inning. An outstanding game by a great kid.

Another kid who has taken some grief so far this season second basemen Brandon Lafever. All he did was to get a RBI, and ended the game with a nice catch that he turned into a DP.

It appears that the raiders were simply outmatched in this one. Especially the middle infielders with both bats and gloves.

No offense because you still have to make the play, but it wasn't exactly a chopper and the player you talking about in the post isn't exactly a speedster. Now if it was O'Hara from Ryle running then it would be a great play.

Agreed and that is why I said, while I am happy with the win today, it's the victory in late May, that I want so very much more so.

CovCath "D" and mental approach to the game was 1,000% better today and Tuesday than against Conner on Monday.

If you don't mind my saying so, your hitters seemed to want to slap at the ball, and not swing at the ball today. Understand? They seemed to be batting defensively while CovCath was too aggressive today at the plate and were not patient at all.

Both team I thought played well enough in the field, especially when you consider how early in the season it is, but both had some brains Fa*ts on the base-paths.

All in all the victory today by CovCath means nothing unless they can do it at Champion Window Field in May...

See you Saturday, but the weather looks bad for Saturday game at CovCath.

We noticed that too.

Oh yes, CCH just blew them off the field. :rolleyes: Not even a contest. ;) It was like day and night in all apects of the game - defense (2 errors to 1), hitting (5 hits to 3), and pitching (very solid pitching performances by both squads).

Oh, wait. The final score was 3-0. Anyone watching the game could see that these were two pretty equally matched squads in which one (CCH) played a little better tonight.

Those looked like routine plays to me...nothing to write home about.

Due to the sources provided in the earlier posts it seemed as if they were outstanding plays that really changed the game.

Nice, solid plays? Yes. Outstanding plays? No.

Unless the bar has been lowered to such a level that you need to qualify such plays as "outstanding."

No offense because you still have to make the play, but it wasn't exactly a chopper and the player you talking about in the post isn't exactly a speedster. Now if it was O'Hara from Ryle running then it would be a great play.

While I will agree with you that it wasn't a chopper and the player isn't a speedster, it was indeed hit on a slow infield, with the score tied 0-0 with the based loaded. It indeed wasn't just a routine play however, for just a little of a bobble and the runner is safe, and Ryle has a rally going. If young Holocher doesn't make that play then he is kicking himself mentally when he comes to bat in the top of the 5th and IMO Holly doesn't get that hit, that sparked the CovCath victory.

Those looked like routine plays to me...nothing to write home about.[/QUOte]

Due to the sources provided in the earlier posts it seemed as if they were outstanding plays that really changed the game.

Not like he went in the hole with a backhand and threw across the diamond,

it was a slow roller.

and the ball was lined right at the second baseman with the runner stranded half way. That's like saying a routine fly to the centerfielder was a web gem because it ended the game.....give me a break