Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Wildcat Passes Away

Featured Replies

I don't have the words to express how I feel. He seemed to be the GLUE Binding UK Basketball together through all of the ups and downs.

 

He's in a better place, my thoughts and prayers to his family and to the UK family.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP Mr. Wildcat.....you are an ICON.

Greatest Wildcat ever.

 

Along with Rupp and Ledford, the three greatest of all time.

A very sad day for Big Blue Nation.

 

I was lucky enough to meet him once, about 12 years ago when I attended a UK Basketball summer camp. My mom was with me that day and she introduced the two of us. She was a basketball player at UK from 77-81 and Mr. Keightley recognized her right away, even after 20 years. He immediately asked how she had been doing and about her parents and family. Phenomenal human being, and he will be greatly missed.

Out of curiosity, how many on here had met him?

 

I for one have.

Out of curiosity, how many on here had met him?

 

I for one have.

 

I met him.

Very sad day. :cry: Prayers go out to the family and friends.

RIP Mr. Wildcat.

I met him and thought I was a big talker. He topped me. Friendliest guy you will ever meet. I did a thread on it after we met I was so impressed. "Meet Bill Keightly" a few months ago. All the stories you hear about how nice he was are true from my experience. I am certain there are a lot of suffering fans tonight.

Out of curiosity, how many on here had met him?

 

I for one have.

 

I never met him but felt like I knew him.

That bench will never be the same. :cry:

I had the pleasure of waiting on Mr. Bill and his wife at Rafferty's in Evansville about 12 years ago. He didn't mind me gawking over his rings at all. Most people had no idea who he was, stupid Hoosiers :p

 

May he rest in peace.

1st seat on the bench should be left open EVERY single game. Bill Keightley was the most famous equipment manager ever. RIP Mr. Wildcat.

Ironic that he passed while on his way to see the Reds and their tribute to another one of the truly nice guys in sports, Joe Nuxhall. There seemed to be a lot of similarities between the Mr. Wildcat and Mr. Red...loyalty to their teams and friends among them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.