April 2, 200818 yr -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tubby Smith releases a statement on Bill Keightley (via University of Minnesota Athletics): “Mr. Keightley has been a confidant to so many coaches that have had the good fortune to sit along side him. That is what it has been, us sitting next to him, not him sitting next to us.” Great quote
April 2, 200818 yr I heard this morning that Mr. Wildcat may be part of CBS's One Shining Moment deal that they show throughout the college basketball season. I think that speaks volumes as to how important he has been to Kentucky basketball.
April 2, 200818 yr Thank you PSJ, that was a great and very touching video :cry:. Heaven has gained another Wildcat, I'll bet that Mr. Keightly and Cawood are planning next season right now, they will have the best seat in the house.
April 2, 200818 yr I heard this morning that Mr. Wildcat may be part of CBS's One Shining Moment deal that they show throughout the college basketball season. I think that speaks volumes as to how important he has been to Kentucky basketball. ..........and how he was loved by all of college basketball.
April 2, 200818 yr ..........and how he was loved by all of college basketball. I think that is the same video that shows some of the best moments in the history of college basketball (ie Laettner's shot).
April 2, 200818 yr Great quote :thumb: Well done...get a tissue. Thanks to you as well for another video and touching tribute :cry:to a great, great man.
April 2, 200818 yr :thumb: Thanks to you as well for another video and touching tribute :cry:to a great, great man. Very well said!:thumb:
April 3, 200818 yr Nice article from Tennessee. Kentucky loses an icon of basketball When University of Tennessee at Chattanooga coach John Shulman agreed to play Kentucky a couple of years ago, most people believed it was both to pocket a big check and have his players experience college basketball at its highest level. Not exactly, said Shulman earlier this week. “At least half the reason was so I could shake hands with Mr. Keightley,” said the Mocs coach earlier this week of UK’s longtime equipment manager. “That guy probably witnessed half of Kentucky’s wins. That guy was Kentucky basketball.”
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.