Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arrez Henderson from Covington Holmes

Featured Replies

You need at least a composite 28 on the ACT to qualify for most academic scholarships at UK.

 

Do you know the minimum to get in? I'm thinking 18.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the minimum to get in? I'm thinking 18.

Students with an ACT score below 15 (old ACT) or 18 (enhanced ACT) may be admitted through the Exceptions Committee only.

I heard today that BCG has put in more than one call to Arrez over the past few days and nothing formal has been offered. Arrez would fit the BCG walk-on better than most because he does what BCG wants, play good hard man to man defense. From what I've been told Arrez brings the same intensity to practices as he does games, he would be a nice asset to go against your starting guards on day to day basis.

There are lots of scholarships available for minority students. If he has the grades & ACT scores, which it sounds like he does, then that is always an option.

Do you know the minimum to get in? I'm thinking 18.

 

When I was a freshman there 11 years ago, it was a 21. I think they've increased their standards since then, rightfully so. I could be wrong, but last I heard it was a 23 and anything less put you on a waiting list.

When I was a freshman there 11 years ago, it was a 21. I think they've increased their standards since then, rightfully so. I could be wrong, but last I heard it was a 23 and anything less put you on a waiting list.

 

I think the minimum to be accepted is an 18 or 19, but there are no guarantees for that to make it in. It is more likely that anyone below a 22 or 23 will be put on the waiting list with as so many kids are coming to UK seems like. Also seems like the freshman class sets a new record every year because they are accepting so many students.

 

Also, a 25 ACT and 3.5 GPA won't sniff any regular scholarship money at UK. I had a 25 with a 3.9 and couldnt find one. As someone mentioned before though, there are many minority scholarships he would probably be able to get.

 

Does anyone know if UK is his favorite college team or if he follows another?

Why? If he wants to play, UK is not the road to take.

Why? If he wants to play, UK is not the road to take.

 

Agree. He doesn't seem like the type of kid that would be happy sitting the bench.

Gillispie has offered Henderson a walkon scholarship. I know this for a fact. Henderson is excited about this but if Louisana Tech offers him a full scholarship he wiil take it.

^ What is a "walk on scholarship"?

^ What is a "walk on scholarship"?

 

Every thing is paid for is what I hear, Finacial Aid and what not but Henderson does not have to pay for a thing if he goes to UK,

Every thing is paid for is what I hear, Finacial Aid and what not but Henderson does not have to pay for a thing if he goes to UK,

 

So what is the difference between that and a full ride? I've never heard of a walk-on scholarship.

Henderson qualifies for finacial aid. With his grades and ACT scores, he also qualifies for financial grants that makes his ride free. Gillispie callled the Monday after the state tournament to tell Henderson about this. It still is up in the air though. Lousinana Tech has been with Henderson for a while now and if they offer him a full ride, I can see him going there.

I guess some things to consider is does he want to play? And how far does he want to be from home? LT is pretty far away. I understand the wanting to play for the Big Blue, but sometimes it isn't alway the best fit. I say to this day that Dicky Beal should have went and played for Ray Meyers and the DePaul Blue Demons.

I think Henderson is a very good kid and player, but if he goes to UK as a walkon, he will sit the bench for 4yrs and see virtually no time on the floor. His best interest would be to go somewhere he can get playing time.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.