Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arrez Henderson from Covington Holmes

Featured Replies

Oh, I see. My grandfather actually dated a Bella once. Her last name wasn't Alumni though, I think it was Jones or somen.

 

 

Holmes finished their season the same way SC did? This should be another good one.

How can you question bellalumni? He is a guru. You know he is an avid reader of the USA Today and sleeps in a Holiday Inn Express every night.
  • Replies 90
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you know for a fact that BCG has CALLED each of the kids who he's supposedly asked to walk on? There's a difference in encouraging kids and talking to them directly about coming to play for you.

 

Isn't going hard for loose balls, getting passes and OFFENSIVE rebounds to score what all good players do? And he got around Miller once or twice? I believe all 3 of Miller's fouls came from guarding Henderson and all three were and 1's. Once again I have the tape and have watched it again to make sure what I'm saying is correct. I'd be more than happy to send it to you. NEXT!

 

 

 

 

Not deserving of a D1 scholarship? I think you better do your homework. Winthrop, Western KY, Eastern KY, to name a few have all OFFERED him a scholarship. He just hasn't made a commitment yet because of other offers coming in. NEXT!

 

 

 

For a kid who has no handles and can't shoot, UK as well as many other D1 schools sure have showed a lot of interest in him by requesting his services. I think D1 recruiters would know a lot more about a kid's talent and what they can and can't do considering they have seen them more than your average sweet 16 fan like yourself.

 

Next? :rolleyes:

 

I never said the kid wasnt a good basketball player, just that he didnt have the tools to be an effective or top level D1 player. Look back and see where I said any high school team would be glad to have him. With what he does, he can make a good practice player at that level.

 

As for who has been offered a walk on spot and has not, its all hearsay at this point. Nothing is even confirmed on this one, Slone, anybody. Look at the walk-ons that have been at UK, Dusty Mills and Matt Scherbenske. Have you ever seen those kids play? You dont really want to.

 

I'd be very curious to see the tape. I'm sure you have it. Send me a PM if you really want to send it to me. I'll definitely take a look. Miller may have fouled him, but I'm not betting they were all drives to the basket. From the 3 point line to the basket. No screens or anything. Straight up got past him. Is that what you are saying?

 

I'd be interested to know how many times BCG has actually seen Henderson play. Maybe you could enlighten us?

 

Coaches see a strong kid that can D people up, and being the arrogant group they are they think they can turn them into something. I think I have made this statement before and it obviously went over some heads.

 

Average Sweet16 fan? I'll let that slide.

 

If you doubt me so much, I wouldnt ask me in PM's what I think about this and that person or team anymore. :sssh:

 

I hope the kid proves me wrong, but I just am not seeing what the Holmes crowd sees through those red colored glasses. Are you guys my new Mason Co.? :laugh:

Oh, I see. My grandfather actually dated a Bella once. Her last name wasn't Alumni though, I think it was Jones or somen.

 

 

Holmes finished their season the same way SC did? This should be another good one.

 

Good one. :rolleyes:

 

And they both lost their last game. Keep up.

How can you question bellalumni? He is a guru. You know he is an avid reader of the USA Today and sleeps in a Holiday Inn Express every night.

 

I very well could have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. Some guys are getting a little personal in here arent they?:sssh:

Good one. :rolleyes:

 

And they both lost their last game. Keep up.

 

 

 

Last game? Listen my friend, if you think losing in the regionals, is comparable to losing in the State Championship. then I really can't take anything you say serious. Not that I do anyway. You are clueless, with a capital C...period

Good one. :rolleyes:

 

And they both lost their last game. Keep up.

Except for the fact that Scott Co. got waxed by Lex Cath in the semis of the 11th Region, while Holmes makes it to the State Championship game.

 

Big difference:rolleyes:

Next? :rolleyes:

 

I never said the kid wasnt a good basketball player, just that he didnt have the tools to be an effective or top level D1 player. Look back and see where I said any high school team would be glad to have him. With what he does, he can make a good practice player at that level.

 

As for who has been offered a walk on spot and has not, its all hearsay at this point. Nothing is even confirmed on this one, Slone, anybody. Look at the walk-ons that have been at UK, Dusty Mills and Matt Scherbenske. Have you ever seen those kids play? You dont really want to.

 

I'd be very curious to see the tape. I'm sure you have it. Send me a PM if you really want to send it to me. I'll definitely take a look. Miller may have fouled him, but I'm not betting they were all drives to the basket. From the 3 point line to the basket. No screens or anything. Straight up got past him. Is that what you are saying?

 

I'd be interested to know how many times BCG has actually seen Henderson play. Maybe you could enlighten us?

 

Coaches see a strong kid that can D people up, and being the arrogant group they are they think they can turn them into something. I think I have made this statement before and it obviously went over some heads.

 

Average Sweet16 fan? I'll let that slide.

 

If you doubt me so much, I wouldnt ask me in PM's what I think about this and that person or team anymore. :sssh:

 

I hope the kid proves me wrong, but I just am not seeing what the Holmes crowd sees through those red colored glasses. Are you guys my new Mason Co.? :laugh:

I disagree with this statement. He does have the tools to be an effective D1 player.

 

At 6'1", he has very unique athletic ability. His weakness appears to be confidence in his outside shot. That can be improved. You can't teach the athletic ability he possesses.

 

As Henderson is a great student (3.5 GPA, 25 ACT), I will bet he is perfectly capable to do his due dilligence to determine the best college fit for his game. BGC noticing his game shows much respect. I doubt he will be reading the posts on BGP to help him determine what he should do about college.

 

Good luck Mr. Henderson!!!!

I disagree with this statement. He does have the tools to be an effective D1 player.

 

At 6'1", he has very unique athletic ability. His weakness appears to be confidence in his outside shot. That can be improved. You can't teach the athletic ability he possesses.

 

As Henderson is a great student (3.5 GPA, 25 ACT), I will bet he is perfectly capable to do his due dilligence to determine the best college fit for his game. BGC noticing his game shows much respect. I doubt he will be reading the posts on BGP to help him determine what he should do about college.

 

Good luck Mr. Henderson!!!!

 

 

 

 

:thumb:

Next? :rolleyes:

 

I never said the kid wasnt a good basketball player, just that he didnt have the tools to be an effective or top level D1 player. Look back and see where I said any high school team would be glad to have him. With what he does, he can make a good practice player at that level.

 

As for who has been offered a walk on spot and has not, its all hearsay at this point. Nothing is even confirmed on this one, Slone, anybody. Look at the walk-ons that have been at UK, Dusty Mills and Matt Scherbenske. Have you ever seen those kids play? You dont really want to.

 

I'd be very curious to see the tape. I'm sure you have it. Send me a PM if you really want to send it to me. I'll definitely take a look. Miller may have fouled him, but I'm not betting they were all drives to the basket. From the 3 point line to the basket. No screens or anything. Straight up got past him. Is that what you are saying?

 

I'd be interested to know how many times BCG has actually seen Henderson play. Maybe you could enlighten us?

 

Coaches see a strong kid that can D people up, and being the arrogant group they are they think they can turn them into something. I think I have made this statement before and it obviously went over some heads.

 

Average Sweet16 fan? I'll let that slide.

 

If you doubt me so much, I wouldnt ask me in PM's what I think about this and that person or team anymore. :sssh:

 

I hope the kid proves me wrong, but I just am not seeing what the Holmes crowd sees through those red colored glasses. Are you guys my new Mason Co.? :laugh:

 

Good practice player? :lol: For a kid who's only good enough to be a practice player, it sure does seem funny that D1 schools are offering him scholarships. I doubt very seriously Winthrop, Western, and Eastern would offer a scholarship to a kid they just want to be a practice player. You sit here and keep bashing the kids skills but the fact still remains he is going to end up at a D1 school and on a scholarship, unless he indeed decides to take the walk on offer from BCG.

 

And to compare Henderson to Dusty Mills is quite comical. Henderson is better than them now as a high schooler than they were as college players.

 

BCG has been following Henderson all year, watching film on him but hadn't seen him play in person until the four times at the sweet 16. (This came directly from a Holmes coach.) He obviously came away impressed, unlike yourself, otherwise he wouldn't be calling the kid personally. Once again, I think a college coach/recruiter knows a little more about talent than yourself.

 

As far as "red Holmes goggles" I think you need to look at the screen names of the people. I know for a fact baseballguy is the only one who is indeed a Holmes follower. For the last time, I am from Fort Thomas. 11thregionfan.. well that speaks for itself. NKYsportslegend has never really said anything about Holmes until now in reply to your silly comments regarding Henderson.

 

As far as "red Holmes goggles" I think you need to look at the screen names of the people. I know for a fact baseballguy is the only one who is indeed a Holmes follower. For the last time, I am from Fort Thomas. 11thregionfan.. well that speaks for itself. NKYsportslegend has never really said anything about Holmes until now in reply to your silly comments regarding Henderson.

 

Permit me to offer the perspective through the prism of my "blue Cov. Cath. goggles". Arrez is a great player. A great young man. Excellent defender. Excellent team player. Excellent rebounder. Very unselfish. A winner. He smoked the Colonels taking the rock to the hoop in the District and Regional finals in 08. He dropped 3 point bombs on the Colonels in the District and Regional finals in 07. To those who are offering unflattering coments over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over in this thread and others about Mr. Henderson, please lighten up. You may be right, you may be wrong. Only time will tell. Either way, the young man has been fun to watch (except of course when he delivered daggers to my beloved Colonels.) Can't we all just get along???

Permit me to offer the perspective through the prism of my "blue Cov. Cath. goggles". Arrez is a great player. A great young man. Excellent defender. Excellent team player. Excellent rebounder. Very unselfish. A winner. He smoked the Colonels taking the rock to the hoop in the District and Regional finals in 08. He dropped 3 point bombs on the Colonels in the District and Regional finals in 07. To those who are offering unflattering coments over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over in this thread and others about Mr. Henderson, please lighten up. You may be right, you may be wrong. Only time will tell. Either way, the young man has been fun to watch (except of course when he delivered daggers to my beloved Colonels.) Can't we all just get along???

 

AMEN brother preach on! Get off this kids back and let the UK coach decide if he is what he wants. Then you can bash a grown man and not a kid for his decision if it does not help the team. P.S. I'll bet he helps the team more than he would hurt it if he decides to go there.

Permit me to offer the perspective through the prism of my "blue Cov. Cath. goggles". Arrez is a great player. A great young man. Excellent defender. Excellent team player. Excellent rebounder. Very unselfish. A winner. He smoked the Colonels taking the rock to the hoop in the District and Regional finals in 08. He dropped 3 point bombs on the Colonels in the District and Regional finals in 07. To those who are offering unflattering coments over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over in this thread and others about Mr. Henderson, please lighten up. You may be right, you may be wrong. Only time will tell. Either way, the young man has been fun to watch (except of course when he delivered daggers to my beloved Colonels.) Can't we all just get along???

 

AMEN brother preach on! Get off this kids back and let the UK coach decide if he is what he wants. Then you can bash a grown man and not a kid for his decision if it does not help the team. P.S. I'll bet he helps the team more than he would hurt it if he decides to go there.

 

I can't believe someone would be on a high school Senior like this.

Last game? Listen my friend, if you think losing in the regionals, is comparable to losing in the State Championship. then I really can't take anything you say serious. Not that I do anyway. You are clueless, with a capital C...period

 

Except for the fact that Scott Co. got waxed by Lex Cath in the semis of the 11th Region, while Holmes makes it to the State Championship game.

 

Big difference:rolleyes:

 

They both lost. That is all I'm saying. They lost at different points, but they still lost their last game. Am I lying? A yes or no will suffice. I know when each team lost.

I disagree with this statement. He does have the tools to be an effective D1 player.

 

At 6'1", he has very unique athletic ability. His weakness appears to be confidence in his outside shot. That can be improved. You can't teach the athletic ability he possesses.

 

As Henderson is a great student (3.5 GPA, 25 ACT), I will bet he is perfectly capable to do his due dilligence to determine the best college fit for his game. BGC noticing his game shows much respect. I doubt he will be reading the posts on BGP to help him determine what he should do about college.

 

Good luck Mr. Henderson!!!!

 

Antwain Barbour got a scholarship offer after his performance.

 

BCG talked to several kids at the Sweet 16. One I know in particular he said to keep working and he had a chance to play for him one day. I'm excited about the walk on offer for Henderson. Great for him.

 

His weakness appears to be any type of perimeter offense. If you can back off a kid, its gonna be tough to go by anybody. He isnt super quick with the ball either. I'm not knocking the kid, its called an observation. What reason do I have to knock the kid?

Good practice player? :lol: For a kid who's only good enough to be a practice player, it sure does seem funny that D1 schools are offering him scholarships. I doubt very seriously Winthrop, Western, and Eastern would offer a scholarship to a kid they just want to be a practice player. You sit here and keep bashing the kids skills but the fact still remains he is going to end up at a D1 school and on a scholarship, unless he indeed decides to take the walk on offer from BCG.

 

And to compare Henderson to Dusty Mills is quite comical. Henderson is better than them now as a high schooler than they were as college players.

 

BCG has been following Henderson all year, watching film on him but hadn't seen him play in person until the four times at the sweet 16. (This came directly from a Holmes coach.) He obviously came away impressed, unlike yourself, otherwise he wouldn't be calling the kid personally. Once again, I think a college coach/recruiter knows a little more about talent than yourself.

 

As far as "red Holmes goggles" I think you need to look at the screen names of the people. I know for a fact baseballguy is the only one who is indeed a Holmes follower. For the last time, I am from Fort Thomas. 11thregionfan.. well that speaks for itself. NKYsportslegend has never really said anything about Holmes until now in reply to your silly comments regarding Henderson.

 

I said he'd make a good practice player at UK. You guys just read what you want to read dont you? Not what is actually typed out.

 

Wouldn't Mills and Henderson both have been walk-ons if he takes the opportunity to walk on the team? I believe so. Henderson is a better player than Mills no doubt. Still the same title.

 

Following him all year. I'm sure he has been looking at a walk-on prospect all year. :rolleyes:

 

I can decipher who is who and what is what. Some dont like me and look to disagree with me and that is fine. You can follow Highlands all you want to, but somebody drank the red Holmes kool-aid during the state tournament with FTH out of it. I had nobody to root for at the tournament, so I'm just calling it like I see it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.