Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arrez Henderson from Covington Holmes

Featured Replies

Some of you are really missing it. I'm not against the kid walking on at UK. Walk-ons generally do not hurt the program because they come at no cost. Like I've said, he will provide good D and hustle in practice to make our starters better. Billy G can get a lot of guys to play D, so if you look at past walk ons that have played, they have provided a solid offensive spark. Ravi and Mills could shoot the lights out. Arrez cant. That is the difference between him getting on the floor at that level. He could play someday for a lower level D1 program if he wants to. If you believe he will play meaningful minutes at UK for Billy Gillispie, get back to me in four years and we can talk then.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ER...

I don't think BCG has been following him all year.

He didn't see him four times at the Sweet 16, he saw him on Saturday morning and Saturday night.

He was in Anaheim for their game against Marquette on Thursday, and got back in time to catch Darius Miller in his Friday night game against Paducah Tilghman.

Many are missing a major point here...if Arrez decides to attend UK as a walkon, look at all of the potential doors that open for the kid after completion of college...there are so many advantages and the potential is great find a successful job after playing at UK. That in itself is very endearing to any kid.

^

Agreed.

 

But while were talking about walk-ons, I am hearing that the Slone (sp) kid from Paintsville held his own this weekend in some pick-up games, and will probably be walking on for sure.

Antwain Barbour got a scholarship offer after his performance.

 

BCG talked to several kids at the Sweet 16. One I know in particular he said to keep working and he had a chance to play for him one day. I'm excited about the walk on offer for Henderson. Great for him.

 

His weakness appears to be any type of perimeter offense. If you can back off a kid, its gonna be tough to go by anybody. He isnt super quick with the ball either. I'm not knocking the kid, its called an observation. What reason do I have to knock the kid?

I think you are reading way more in the what I posted. IMO I think he can be an effective D1 player. I never said he should walk on at UK. I am saying I believe he is intelligent enough to make the best decision for him. BCG noticing his game shows alot of respect. I expect he will seriously consider the schools that offer him a full ride.

I think it is silly to think Arrez is going to go to UK (if he decides to) to become a star. This kid is smart enough to know he will be a role player at best, but he is a good enough athlete to improve his game by leaps and bounds. In the UK system he is going to get alot of help playing against great players every day with great instruction to go along with that. Now with that being said he will have to decide if he 1) wants to go to a BIG time D1 program like UK where he will probably see limited action but someday might have the chance to play for a national championship, 2) stay close to home either in Lexington or go to NKU, 3) go to possible Lousiana Tech way away form home and be D1, 4) go a little father away from home EKU, WKU, or some other smaller schools. If he decides to go to UK he will endear himself to the coaches, his fellow players, and the fans of the big blue because he is a heck of a kid who will bust his tail and the fans respect that (just look at how far Bradley and Crawford came in one season under BCG with the respect they gained this year from the fans) and if he does that he will find a much easier time in life after basketball at finding a good job in this state and having a comfortable life.

ER...

I don't think BCG has been following him all year.

He didn't see him four times at the Sweet 16, he saw him on Saturday morning and Saturday night.

He was in Anaheim for their game against Marquette on Thursday, and got back in time to catch Darius Miller in his Friday night game against Paducah Tilghman.

Many are missing a major point here...if Arrez decides to attend UK as a walkon, look at all of the potential doors that open for the kid after completion of college...there are so many advantages and the potential is great find a successful job after playing at UK. That in itself is very endearing to any kid.

Bingo!

 

The connections associated with wearing the Blue and White are great reasons to "walk-on" at UK. Life after basketball.

Probably couldn't get academic scholarship because they start at a 28 on the act.

Probably couldn't get academic scholarship because they start at a 28 on the act.

 

There are other scholarships and forms of financial aid that he would be able to receive.

1. Walk-on scholarship does not exist, but as Latch clarified, he would be a walk-on with a full ride for academics and financial aid, so he wouldn't be paying. But not a scholarship athlete.

 

2. No one thinks (or has said) that Arrez will be a superstar at UK. But it is accurate to say that by the time his Junior year rolls around, he could be a role player. He is better than Michael Porter, and possibly (but less likely) even Ramon Harris (although Harris's size gives him a great advantage). I have played against Arrez, and I know that he could have held the best player I have gone up against (well, it's debatable if he is the best, but he is currently in the NBA).

 

And I don't have red-colored glasses. In fact, I come from what has been Holmes' biggest rival the past few years.

 

3. Bell, there is a difference between losing the state championship and losing the region championship. Or else Holmes, Scott County, Bryan Station, LexCath, and all the top teams, have accomplished as much as any 1st round district loser.

1. Walk-on scholarship does not exist, but as Latch clarified, he would be a walk-on with a full ride for academics and financial aid, so he wouldn't be paying. But not a scholarship athlete.

 

2. No one thinks (or has said) that Arrez will be a superstar at UK. But it is accurate to say that by the time his Junior year rolls around, he could be a role player. He is better than Michael Porter, and possibly (but less likely) even Ramon Harris (although Harris's size gives him a great advantage). I have played against Arrez, and I know that he could have held the best player I have gone up against (well, it's debatable if he is the best, but he is currently in the NBA).

 

And I don't have red-colored glasses. In fact, I come from what has been Holmes' biggest rival the past few years.

 

3. Bell, there is a difference between losing the state championship and losing the region championship. Or else Holmes, Scott County, Bryan Station, LexCath, and all the top teams, have accomplished as much as any 1st round district loser.

Ravi Moss' situation is what you describe in #1.

ER...

I don't think BCG has been following him all year.

He didn't see him four times at the Sweet 16, he saw him on Saturday morning and Saturday night.

He was in Anaheim for their game against Marquette on Thursday, and got back in time to catch Darius Miller in his Friday night game against Paducah Tilghman.

Many are missing a major point here...if Arrez decides to attend UK as a walkon, look at all of the potential doors that open for the kid after completion of college...there are so many advantages and the potential is great find a successful job after playing at UK. That in itself is very endearing to any kid.

 

Excellent post. :thumb:

^

Agreed.

 

But while were talking about walk-ons, I am hearing that the Slone (sp) kid from Paintsville held his own this weekend in some pick-up games, and will probably be walking on for sure.

 

Slone's chance to walk-on would be of the "preferred" variety as well. As I said, BCG is casting a wide net on his walk-ons.

1. Walk-on scholarship does not exist, but as Latch clarified, he would be a walk-on with a full ride for academics and financial aid, so he wouldn't be paying. But not a scholarship athlete.

 

2. No one thinks (or has said) that Arrez will be a superstar at UK. But it is accurate to say that by the time his Junior year rolls around, he could be a role player. He is better than Michael Porter, and possibly (but less likely) even Ramon Harris (although Harris's size gives him a great advantage). I have played against Arrez, and I know that he could have held the best player I have gone up against (well, it's debatable if he is the best, but he is currently in the NBA).

 

And I don't have red-colored glasses. In fact, I come from what has been Holmes' biggest rival the past few years.

 

3. Bell, there is a difference between losing the state championship and losing the region championship. Or else Holmes, Scott County, Bryan Station, LexCath, and all the top teams, have accomplished as much as any 1st round district loser.

 

Talent on the team at UK will be at a completely different level by the time Arrez is a junior. That is what will keep him off the court.

 

There is a difference, but a loss is a loss.

Bell, there is a difference between losing the state championship and losing the region championship. Or else Holmes, Scott County, Bryan Station, LexCath, and all the top teams, have accomplished as much as any 1st round district loser.
It wasn't even the regional finals ... Scott was knocked out in the semifinals.

 

Only he would equate Scott's loss in the regional semifinals to the Holmes loss in the state championship game, especially after Holmes beat the team that drummed the Cardinals out of the postseason.

It wasn't even the regional finals ... Scott was knocked out in the semifinals.

 

Only he would equate Scott's loss in the regional semifinals to the Holmes loss in the state championship game, especially after Holmes beat the team that drummed the Cardinals out of the postseason.

 

So Holmes lost later. They both lost their last game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.