Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arrez Henderson from Covington Holmes

Featured Replies

Do they realize what part of the country they are in?

 

He got offered a walk on spot. Woopty-freakin-doo! Think about some of the walk-ons at UK. Who has really contributed in the recent past that was a walk on besides Mills and Ravi? It has been stated many times that BCG likes to have a good supply of walk ons.

 

One more time, for good measure. If his shot and handle, or his quickness with the ball do not improve, he will NEVER play meaningful minutes at UK. He has to find a way to score besides just ending up with the ball under the basket. Newsflash, getting boards in high school or catching passes in the lane in high school is a different world than doing the same in college.

 

Really?:rolleyes: I mean, I understand it probably upsets you seeing as how you kept saying that he couldn't go D1 and now he is being offered to walk-on at UK, which is still going D1, but woopty-freakin-doo? Come on, surely you understand that it is a huge deal.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone needs to put their crystal balls away. Sure, an outside shot and better ball handling skills are an area in need of improvement. However, if you dig enough you would likely find a long list of guys coming out of high school without a great outside shot or with a need to handle the ball better and ended up developing those skills at the D1 level to become a productive player.

There is no such thing as a "walk-on scholarship." That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard....

 

Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder?

So getting offered a walk on spot at one of the elite colleges in the country isn't a big deal? How many other seniors in KY this year have been offered anything from UK or been recruited by them outside of Miller and Hopson? I'd say it is a pretty big deal having an elite college and coach calling you asking you to come play for him whether it be on scholarship or as a walk on considering there are thousands of other kids out there across the country to choose from.

 

Also, one more time "for good measure", I believe it has been stated Henderson wouldn't play right away and would have to develop some of his offensive skills a little more. But as far as him ending up with the ball under the basket to score, I think you need to see a kid more than 4 times before judging their offensive skills.

 

I believe Henderson did end up with 18 against KY's Mr. Basketball and I re-watched the game. Only one of Henderson's shots were uncontested and that was his break away dunk. He had 10 points alone off of drives in the lane with Miller on him. I believe Miller is 6'7 and Henderson is barely 6'1. You make it sound like all of Henderson's points come from easy lay ups. You're wrong my friend.

 

This guy is jealous that this kid is getting some pub. Something must not have worked out in his athletic career as he had hoped. I think that Arrez is a great story and I hope that it all works out for him wherever he wants to go. Nothing wrong with a kid chasing his dream.

This guy is jealous that this kid is getting some pub. Something must not have worked out in his athletic career as he had hoped. I think that Arrez is a great story and I hope that it all works out for him wherever he wants to go. Nothing wrong with a kid chasing his dream.

 

 

I agree with all you said. And as far as someone being jealous? I really never thought that a High School not winning their region, could have such an effect on someone. But hey, Scott Co. will bounce back, I'm hearing their having a good off season.;)

So getting offered a walk on spot at one of the elite colleges in the country isn't a big deal? How many other seniors in KY this year have been offered anything from UK or been recruited by them outside of Miller and Hopson? I'd say it is a pretty big deal having an elite college and coach calling you asking you to come play for him whether it be on scholarship or as a walk on considering there are thousands of other kids out there across the country to choose from.

 

Also, one more time "for good measure", I believe it has been stated Henderson wouldn't play right away and would have to develop some of his offensive skills a little more. But as far as him ending up with the ball under the basket to score, I think you need to see a kid more than 4 times before judging their offensive skills.

 

I believe Henderson did end up with 18 against KY's Mr. Basketball and I re-watched the game. Only one of Henderson's shots were uncontested and that was his break away dunk. He had 10 points alone off of drives in the lane with Miller on him. I believe Miller is 6'7 and Henderson is barely 6'1. You make it sound like all of Henderson's points come from easy lay ups. You're wrong my friend.

 

From the way fans talk, apparently a lot. BCG is casting a wide net over the state to find in state guys to walk on. It isnt necessarily making it as much of an honor. Now, that being said, most kids in the state would love to have the opportunity and I applaud Henderson for getting to a level that many can only dream of. It makes sense to ask state kids to walk on.

 

I saw Henderson with a lot of loose balls, getting passes, and rebounds in order to score his points at state. This is what I have to judge him on. He got around Miller once or twice, the others were screens, missed assignments ,etc. to get to the basket.

 

My opinion is wrong. I didnt know opinions could be wrong. Interesting....

Really?:rolleyes: I mean, I understand it probably upsets you seeing as how you kept saying that he couldn't go D1 and now he is being offered to walk-on at UK, which is still going D1

Check my posts. I said the kid wasn't deserving of a D1 scholarship. As far as I have seen, he doesnt have one in hand. Here's one for you as well. :rolleyes:

Everyone needs to put their crystal balls away. Sure, an outside shot and better ball handling skills are an area in need of improvement. However, if you dig enough you would likely find a long list of guys coming out of high school without a great outside shot or with a need to handle the ball better and ended up developing those skills at the D1 level to become a productive player.

 

If a kid his size comes out and goes D1, he either is quick with a good handle or he has a pretty good outside shot. As I think we all know, he doesnt have either.

Mexitucky,

 

I'm jealous of a high school kid? Not likely. No chip here, I'm just a realist. I enjoy stating my opinions simple as that.

 

That being said, I dont dislike the kid at all. He behaved admirably at the tournament and seemed like a good kid. I wish him the best.

I agree with all you said. And as far as someone being jealous? I really never thought that a High School not winning their region, could have such an effect on someone. But hey, Scott Co. will bounce back, I'm hearing their having a good off season.;)

 

Are you still confused as to who my team is? Check my name.

 

I follow SC, but by no means are they my team.

 

By the way, Holmes finished their season in the same manner as SC.

Are you still confused as to who my team is? Check my name.

 

I follow SC, but by no means are they my team.

Debatable ...

By the way, Holmes finished their season in the same manner as SC.
Only after they beat Lexington Catholic in the semifinals ... how did the Cardinals fare against LexCath in the regional tournament?
Debatable ...

Only after they beat Lexington Catholic in the semifinals ... how did the Cardinals fare against LexCath in the regional tournament?

 

I'm always up for a good debate.

 

It makes life more tolerable to follow a team when you are away from your home team. Due to several factors, SC became that team for me to follow. I have been known to root against SC on occasion. That is neither here nor there...

 

Both teams lost their last game. Sounds the same to me.

From the way fans talk, apparently a lot. BCG is casting a wide net over the state to find in state guys to walk on. It isnt necessarily making it as much of an honor. Now, that being said, most kids in the state would love to have the opportunity and I applaud Henderson for getting to a level that many can only dream of. It makes sense to ask state kids to walk on.

 

I saw Henderson with a lot of loose balls, getting passes, and rebounds in order to score his points at state. This is what I have to judge him on. He got around Miller once or twice, the others were screens, missed assignments ,etc. to get to the basket.

 

My opinion is wrong. I didnt know opinions could be wrong. Interesting....

 

So you know for a fact that BCG has CALLED each of the kids who he's supposedly asked to walk on? There's a difference in encouraging kids and talking to them directly about coming to play for you.

 

Isn't going hard for loose balls, getting passes and OFFENSIVE rebounds to score what all good players do? And he got around Miller once or twice? I believe all 3 of Miller's fouls came from guarding Henderson and all three were and 1's. Once again I have the tape and have watched it again to make sure what I'm saying is correct. I'd be more than happy to send it to you. NEXT!

 

 

Check my posts. I said the kid wasn't deserving of a D1 scholarship. As far as I have seen, he doesnt have one in hand. Here's one for you as well. :rolleyes:

 

Not deserving of a D1 scholarship? I think you better do your homework. Winthrop, Western KY, Eastern KY, to name a few have all OFFERED him a scholarship. He just hasn't made a commitment yet because of other offers coming in. NEXT!

 

If a kid his size comes out and goes D1, he either is quick with a good handle or he has a pretty good outside shot. As I think we all know, he doesnt have either.

 

For a kid who has no handles and can't shoot, UK as well as many other D1 schools sure have showed a lot of interest in him by requesting his services. I think D1 recruiters would know a lot more about a kid's talent and what they can and can't do considering they have seen them more than your average sweet 16 fan like yourself.

Are you still confused as to who my team is? Check my name.

 

I follow SC, but by no means are they my team.

 

By the way, Holmes finished their season in the same manner as SC.

 

 

 

Oh, I see. My grandfather actually dated a Bella once. Her last name wasn't Alumni though, I think it was Jones or somen.

 

 

Holmes finished their season the same way SC did? This should be another good one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.