Who wins 6A in 2008

How can anyone not say the favorite must be Trinity. Six out of the last 7... Come on people, get real. Trinity is the reining champ and will continue to be till some one beats them in November or December. Nough said....

Beatty is a pro at placing the right QB behind the offense. In 2008 he might have a challenge.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any level less interesting than 6a?

I agree, if the 6A public schools would look in the mirror and get their act together we wouldn't have this problem.

With that said, as long as T and X are on opposite sides of the bracket I still find 6A pretty interesting.

St. X. had the best team in 2005, but Trinity won the State Final, 14-6.

Male had the best team in 2006, but Trinity edged them in the State Playoffs on their way to a second straight title.

St. X. had the best team in 2007, but Trinity won the State Final in OT.

In 2008, St. X. will once again have the best team, but the question is can Trinity continue the improbable and win again. This year, I think not. If you look closely at the Rocks' lucky charm, it is a three-leaf clover and not a four-leaf-clover, so their lucky leaves have all been used up. 2008 will be the year of the TIGER! :D

Of course, all the above is based solely on my humble, but nonetheless well-informed opinion. :lol:

I agree, if the 6A public schools would look in the mirror and get their act together we wouldn't have this problem.

With that said, as long as T and X are on opposite sides of the bracket I still find 6A pretty interesting.

I'm not sure how T and X being on opposite sides of the bracket makes 6A "interesting." If anything, I would think this makes it pretty uninteresting, since there's a 99% chance that the finals will be a T-X match-up, which is made even less exciting by the fact that these two always play each other during the regular season (at PJCS, no less).

I would go so far as to say that things in 6A get a little more interesting when T and X are on the same side of the bracket, since it creates a lot more uncertainty regarding which non-Trinity/St. Xavier team will make the finals... and in my book, uncertainty often equates with being interesting.

Which 2 years and 4 games are you using?

2007: X won 24-15 and T won 34-28.

2006: T won 10-0.

2005 State: T won 14-6.

I'm no math guy, but it looks like Trinity is 3-1 versus X the last four games and has outscored X 73-58.

Apparently I'm no math guy either. ;) I may have gone back another year and picked up the big blowout. Bottom line, X needs to win the big one, or I'll be sorely disappointed....again.

Male had the best team in 2006, but Trinity edged them in the State Playoffs on their way to a second straight title.

In 2008, St. X. will once again have the best team, but the question is can Trinity continue the improbable and win again. This year, I think not. If you look closely at the Rocks' lucky charm, it is a three-leaf clover and not a four-leaf-clover, so their lucky leaves have all been used up. 2008 will be the year of the TIGER! :D

Of course, all the above is based solely on my humble, but nonetheless well-informed opinion. :lol:

In 2005, 2006, and 2007, as in every other year, the best team is the team that steps up when it counts and wins the championship. Polls, rankings, and personal opinions don't mean anything. The best team is proven on the field of play. I don't care if Male, Manual, or X wins it all. Then they are the best that year. No spinning or excuses from me. Trinity has been the best 18 times. X has been 11 times. As far as this being the 2008 version of X's best team ever, I'll wait until December. If they win, I'll congratulate them and crown them the best. Not quite yet. Just my .02 worth.

I'm not sure how T and X being on opposite sides of the bracket makes 6A "interesting." If anything, I would think this makes it pretty uninteresting, since there's a 99% chance that the finals will be a T-X match-up, which is made even less exciting by the fact that these two always play each other during the regular season (at PJCS, no less).

I would go so far as to say that things in 6A get a little more interesting when T and X are on the same side of the bracket, since it creates a lot more uncertainty regarding which non-Trinity/St. Xavier team will make the finals... and in my book, uncertainty often equates with being interesting.

You mean it will be interesting to see who gets blown out?

2004:

St. X- 49 Scott County-9

2006:

Trinity-44 Ryle-7

You mean it will be interesting to see who gets blown out?

2004:

St. X- 49 Scott County-9

2006:

Trinity-44 Ryle-7

I believe Male ,the Lexington Schools and Scott County's district are on the other side this year from Trinity and St. X.

The truth and reality spokeith once again... Great post Ox. Yes, one must feel that the Tiger squads of late have had the ingredients yet come up short in playoff time to a bucket of luck. The Rocks have won fair and square, no question about that. They have done a very good job of taking advantage of their good luck. Lets say the Lucky Charm days are over.

:thumb:

I don't care if Male, Manual, or X wins it all. Then they are the best that year. As far as this being the 2008 version of X's best team ever, I'll wait until December. If they win, I'll congratulate them and crown them the best. Not quite yet. Just my .02 worth.
I am not sure I believe this.

So the Giants were the better team than New England because they won the Super Bowl on one night in February? Villanova was a better team than Georgetown in 1985?

I am not sure I believe this.

So the Giants were the better team than New England because they won the Super Bowl on one night in February? Villanova was a better team than Georgetown in 1985?

How can you say they were not? Please explain.

The truth and reality spokeith once again... Great post Ox. Yes, one must feel that the Tiger squads of late have had the ingredients yet come up short in playoff time to a bucket of luck. The Rocks have won fair and square, no question about that. They have done a very good job of taking advantage of their good luck. Lets say the Lucky Charm days are over.

:thumb:

This just in. The ROCKS win because they are lucky. This is really hilarious. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks.