Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who wins 6A in 2008

Featured Replies

St. X. had the best team in 2005, but Trinity won the State Final, 14-6.

Male had the best team in 2006, but Trinity edged them in the State Playoffs on their way to a second straight title.

St. X. had the best team in 2007, but Trinity won the State Final in OT.

 

In 2008, St. X. will once again have the best team, but the question is can Trinity continue the improbable and win again. This year, I think not. If you look closely at the Rocks' lucky charm, it is a three-leaf clover and not a four-leaf-clover, so their lucky leaves have all been used up. 2008 will be the year of the TIGER! :D

 

Of course, all the above is based solely on my humble, but nonetheless well-informed opinion. :lol:

 

You guys crack me up. I will dispute that X had the better team in 2005 and 2007 or that Male had the better team in 2006. You MAY have had more talented players, but remember, the coaching staff is part of the team. The willingness to prepare may be the single most important ingrediant in the championship runs of the Beatty era. X will win another one one of these days. It may even be this year, but when they do I hope you will remember that your personal losing streak as a prognosticator is as long as the Tigers streak in the title games.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you call yourself a rock supporter and say T is not going to win in 08 and 09?

 

I call it like I see it. I Love Trinity and have for 41 years but the Rocks will not win this year. Trinity has as much of a chance as any good team but this mix of players is missing two key factors that the last three teams have had. OL with three returning starters and a QB that not only understands the system but can control a game. I know everybody is going to say that Stein was a one year starter and all but that kid was a proven winner long ago. he had that special something that I do not see in the up coming QB's for 08. I hope to be wrong but do not think that I am.

I call it like I see it. I Love Trinity and have for 41 years but the Rocks will not win this year. Trinity has as much of a chance as any good team but this mix of players is missing two key factors that the last three teams have had. OL with three returning starters and a QB that not only understands the system but can control a game. I know everybody is going to say that Stein was a one year starter and all but that kid was a proven winner long ago. he had that special something that I do not see in the up coming QB's for 08. I hope to be wrong but do not think that I am.

 

Biotech - What about the two all-americans at LB and RB??? Superman Phillips and Whiting (sp?) w/ Ohio State....? I would not count out any Trinity team until they have been defeated and turned in their equipment. The Rocks are the prohibitive favorite regardless of who they don't have coming back. Just don't forget that the franchise players of Phillips and Whiting are all the seed Trinity needs to bag another title.....

  • Author
I call it like I see it. I Love Trinity and have for 41 years but the Rocks will not win this year. Trinity has as much of a chance as any good team but this mix of players is missing two key factors that the last three teams have had. OL with three returning starters and a QB that not only understands the system but can control a game. I know everybody is going to say that Stein was a one year starter and all but that kid was a proven winner long ago. he had that special something that I do not see in the up coming QB's for 08. I hope to be wrong but do not think that I am.

 

I agree.

With the complaining about X and T, can someone tell me why no school in Fayette competes in a county of several 100,000 and only 5 schools playing 6A and Lex Cath in 4A? there would appear to be more than enough people going around to put together talented and competitive teams.

Biotech - What about the two all-americans at LB and RB??? Superman Phillips and Whiting (sp?) w/ Ohio State....? I would not count out any Trinity team until they have been defeated and turned in their equipment. The Rocks are the prohibitive favorite regardless of who they don't have coming back. Just don't forget that the franchise players of Phillips and Whiting are all the seed Trinity needs to bag another title.....

Riverside very good points about Tim and Jordan. However if you reread what i wrote they are not the big keys to what makes the Rock Offense so great. Tim came on late in the year and played so very well like he had in late 06. He was the icing on the cake for an already very dangerous O in both years 06 and 07 I expect that in 08 it will be much of the same for Tim. Jordan will lead our D as well as any star LB has in the past, but in the modern age of Trinity football as the O will go so do the chances of T winning State.

^ Trinity will find someone to play QB. I anticipate that the 2008 Rocks will be just as good as the 2007 version. The D will be very strong. I would not be surprised to see Jordon W. carry the ball as well. Phillips will average some 150+ yards a game. The O will be just fine. With coach C calling the plays, the opposing defenses havn't a clue. Truly expect '08 to be very similar to '07....

I anticipate that the 2008 Rocks will be just as good as the 2007 version.

 

So Trinity will be the second best team in 6A again, just like in 2005, 2006 and 2007.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So Trinity will be the second best team in 6A again, just like in 2005, 2006 and 2007.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

As a Trinity fan, I'd settle for that.

So Trinity will be the second best team in 6A again, just like in 2005, 2006 and 2007.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

CR - I have never made such claims. You must be thinking of something else. :rolleyes:

CR - I have never made such claims. You must be thinking of something else. :rolleyes:

 

You're innocent, Riverside. Someone else made that truthful statement. :D

CR - I have never made such claims. You must be thinking of something else. :rolleyes:

 

Based on your words

 

The truth and reality spokeith once again... Great post Ox. Yes, one must feel that the Tiger squads of late have had the ingredients yet come up short in playoff time to a bucket of luck.

 

I thought you espoused that view as well. :confused: :confused: :confused:

 

Am I wrong?

You're innocent, Riverside. Someone else made that truthful statement. :D

 

I am tempted to stay out of this whole "luck" discussion. The notion that Trinity keeps winning year after year, despite having inferior teams, due to luck is so silly on its face as to not need refutation. Someone needs a dose of reality. In 2006 Trinity was a better team than Male. It was shown on the scoreboard. X wasn't close to either. In 2007, X and Trinity were close, but again, look at the scoreboard. It wasn't any fluke call or lucky bounce that was the difference in the game. Trinity made the plays that were needed on offense and defense to win. That is what the better team does when the game is on the line. If there was a fluke in the 2007 game it was the X score at the end of the first half. I wasn't at the 2005 game. I had to listen to the web cast from the west coast. That was a straight up, no flukes Trinity win. Trinity took the great advantage X had in the September game - domination of both sides of the line - and shut it down. Again, when the game was on the line, Trinity made the plays and X didn't. The mark of the better team.

 

If you want to pose the argument that Trinity wins despite inferior teams because karma favors a school with the obvious superiority of Trinity, you might have a point.;):D Luck? Get real.

I am tempted to stay out of this whole "luck" discussion. The notion that Trinity keeps winning year after year, despite having inferior teams, due to luck is so silly on its face as to not need refutation. Someone needs a dose of reality. In 2006 Trinity was a better team than Male. It was shown on the scoreboard. X wasn't close to either. In 2007, X and Trinity were close, but again, look at the scoreboard. It wasn't any fluke call or lucky bounce that was the difference in the game. Trinity made the plays that were needed on offense and defense to win. That is what the better team does when the game is on the line. If there was a fluke in the 2007 game it was the X score at the end of the first half. I wasn't at the 2005 game. I had to listen to the web cast from the west coast. That was a straight up, no flukes Trinity win. Trinity took the great advantage X had in the September game - domination of both sides of the line - and shut it down. Again, when the game was on the line, Trinity made the plays and X didn't. The mark of the better team.

 

If you want to pose the argument that Trinity wins despite inferior teams because karma favors a school with the obvious superiority of Trinity, you might have a point.;):D Luck? Get real.

 

How did you know what I was thinking?????????????

 

:thumb:

How did you know what I was thinking?????????????

 

:thumb:

Just luck, I would say.:D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.