Who wins 6A in 2008

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so there's no confusion, was Trinity the best 4A/6A team in 2005?

2006?

2007?

I hope there is no confusion on your part. Trinity won the title games in each of those years. You really don't need me to validate your championships. It really doesn't matter what I think. Im just a fan. Enjoy and celebrate your championships with other Rock supporters. The Trinity community does not need an endorsement from the St. X fans.

On to the 2008 season ...

:thumb:

I hope there is no confusion on your part. Trinity won the title games in each of those years. You really don't need me to validate your championships. It really doesn't matter what I think. Im just a fan. Enjoy and celebrate your championships with other Rock supporters. The Trinity community does not need an endorsement from the St. X fans.

On to the 2008 season ...

:thumb:

The loudest words are often unspoken. :cool:

As is the case sometimes in athletic contests, the best team does not always win, and LUCK instead prevails. In my opinion, this was the case in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Some may disagree, but that does not alter my personal opinion. I do, however, feel that Triinity did have the best team in 2001, 2002, and 2003. :cool:

As is the case sometimes in athletic contests, the best team does not always win, and LUCK instead prevails. In my opinion, this was the case in 2005, 2006, and 2007. Some may disagree, but that does not alter my personal opinion. I do, however, feel that Triinity did have the best team in 2001, 2002, and 2003. :cool:

The same can be stated for 1997 and possibly 1975. 1974, St. X had the better the team and prevailed 3-0 in the playoffs after winningthe regular season matchup 21-0. As I have stated previously, I understand St. Xavier's philosphy is there are games won and games the Tigers should have won. They've never lost a game due to the other team being better prepared, better athletically or better coached.

6A semi-finals should be very interesting. Many, many starters are being replaced at both "green schools". The forthcoming season will be a strong test for both programs. Trinity may average only 28 points a game and rely more heavily on ball control offense and a stingy defense. St. Xavier will ride their running game as far as it can take them and also rely on several newcomers to their defense. 7 on 7 will be here soon!

I'l second that! With that said and back to the topic I believe the Tigers have an overall talent advantage for the first time in a while in the senior,junior,soph. classes and T does not have very good QB for the first time in several years and based on that the Tigers should take state this year!

I'l second that! With that said and back to the topic I believe the Tigers have an overall talent advantage for the first time in a while in the senior,junior,soph. classes and T does not have very good QB for the first time in several years and based on that the Tigers should take state this year!

Tigers need not focus on any preceived advantage. The Rocks will be prepared and ready. Tigers need to take care of business start to finish. Then, and only then, can the team demonstrate what they are capable of... After the last few years, one has to anticipate that the lucky charms will be in full force in 2008. Should be a very good year for both teams. Its Trinity's to win. Somebody has to step up and beat them in November or December. Until that happens, everyone else (including St. X) is playing for 2nd place.......

:lol:

St. X would welcome a little luck. After having none the last few years, getting some positive luck would be a very good thing. Being in position to finish the season with no significant injuries would be very beneficial as well. Key injuries throughout a season seldom lay the ground work for being lucky.... actually, just the opposite. All injuries aside, a little luck never hurt anyone...