Who wins 6A in 2008

St. X. had the best team in 2005, but Trinity won the State Final, 14-6.

Male had the best team in 2006, but Trinity edged them in the State Playoffs on their way to a second straight title.

St. X. had the best team in 2007, but Trinity won the State Final in OT.

In 2008, St. X. will once again have the best team, but the question is can Trinity continue the improbable and win again. This year, I think not. If you look closely at the Rocks' lucky charm, it is a three-leaf clover and not a four-leaf-clover, so their lucky leaves have all been used up. 2008 will be the year of the TIGER! :D

Of course, all the above is based solely on my humble, but nonetheless well-informed opinion. :lol:

When was the last time Trinity had the best team in 6A?

Keep in mind this comes from a "well-informed" X supporter: Has there ever been a greater indictment on the coaching staff at St. X that they've had the best team in the state 2 of the past 3 years but have won ZERO State Titles?

Conversely, has there ever been greater praise lauded from a "well-informed" X supporter on the kids and staff at Trinity that they have not been the best team in KY for at least the past 3 years, yet they have managed to upset the "best team" each year (X in 2005 and 2007 and Male in 2006) for an Unparalleled Tradition of three State Titles in a row?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth and reality spokeith once again... Great post Ox. Yes, one must feel that the Tiger squads of late have had the ingredients yet come up short in playoff time to a bucket of luck. The Rocks have won fair and square, no question about that. They have done a very good job of taking advantage of their good luck. Lets say the Lucky Charm days are over.

:thumb:

When was the last time Trinity won state without luck?

When was the last time Trinity beat St. X without luck?

When was the last time Trinity had the best team in 6A?

In my mind's eye, CR, the last time Trinity had truly the best team in 6A was 2003 (which coincidentally is the last time the Rocks beat the Tigers without having to consume a full box of Lucky Charms). :cool:

You mean it will be interesting to see who gets blown out?

2004:

St. X- 49 Scott County-9

2006:

Trinity-44 Ryle-7

The final game may not be interesting, but it's interesting to see which non-T/X team gets to make it. I think your response to my initial post even proves this point... the two examples you gave involved two different teams (Scott County and Ryle). I know this was Ryle's first-ever football championship game appearance, and it may have been for Scott County as well. When T and X are on different sides of the bracket, everybody knows who's making it to PJCS (and no disrespect meant to Male, but these days it's the Louisville Big Two, instead of the Big Three). For the years when T and X are on the same side of the bracket, there is definitely more uncertainty regarding who advances to the state finals.

In my mind's eye, CR, the last time Trinity had truly the best team in 6A was 2003 (which coincidentally is the last time the Rocks beat the Tigers without having to consume a full box of Lucky Charms). :cool:

Thanks. You guys have given me great insight, buzz words and talking points to use and post when St. X goes on its 3 year title run from 2008-2010. Which would come on the heels of its 2005 and 2007 "Best Team" titles that it's already won. :lol:

For a team that's won 1 title in 8 years (not counting "Best Team" Titles in 2005 and 2007), you guys sure can provide some comedic relief. :lol:

Thanks. You guys have given me great insight, buzz words and talking points to use and post when St. X goes on its 3 year title run from 2008-2010. Which would come on the heels of its 2005 and 2007 "Best Team" titles that it's already won. :lol:

For a team that's won 1 title in 8 years (not counting "Best Team" Titles in 2005 and 2007), you guys sure can provide some comedic relief. :lol:

CR - Glad your getting some comic relief. We are just trying to get some relief from the Lucky Charms.... BTW - I don't see X going on a three year title run 2008 - 2010. Heck, we are having trouble getting the first.......

Here's the thing about luck...

luck certainly enters into the picture whenever competitive sports are involved, but the team that is most prepared to handle unexpected events or opportunities stands a much better chance of benefitting from them (and thus appearing "lucky") than a team that is not as prepared.

Anyone who honestly thinks that Trinity has "lucked" into one or more of their 18 state titles is hitting the sauce a little too much.

I know what you mean CR, my side is hurting from laughing so hard. Have you heard anything about an annual "Best Team That Couldn't Get It Done Trophy"? I've heard it's shaped like a broom on one end and opens up like an umbrella.

Often times luck can be confused with superior preparation and descision making.

Good point, but one must consider that the opposite is also often true...as when LUCK meets OPPORTUNITY. In any case, they did find a way to win. :cry: ;) :cry:

I know what you mean CR, my side is hurting from laughing so hard. Have you heard anything about an annual "Best Team That Couldn't Get It Done Trophy"? I've heard it's shaped like a broom on one end and opens up like an umbrella.

The broom is needed to clean up the spilled Lucky Charms which are littering the Field-Turf. :lol: :D :lol: