Johnson Central vs Louisville Central

Czar, you have all the answers. Answer my first post questions.

Let me put this at plain as I can possibly put it. Last year's game was a one year contract. JC paid LC to come to Paintsville and play this game so there you go. How can JC be accused of "backing" out of a game when there isn't one scheduled for this year? You've not answered my first questions either. When they scheduled last years game was it for one year at Johnson Central or did they agree to do a two year home and home series? What did the contract say?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All was said about Scroggins not trading film, but what everyone does not know is that JC coach never attemped to call him as well. So by that Wed. of the game, Scroggins called WCHS. EKU, would you have not done the same. Plus, why drive 2.5 hours to trade film when you can make a 30 min trip to get the same game. Playoff games are different.

But did Scroggins ever call JC to get a film during the whole process?

I definately would have done exactly what Scorggins did, IF I had already notified the other head coach I was doing it.

When your team pays the head coach six figures for what he does , gets violations, backs out of games. You better have all the answers.

What does this have to do with the thread topic? How can you back out of a game when there wasn't one to begin with. I'm glad all you Montgomery County fans care so much about the Johnson Central football program. Your remarks and others will make our match up this fall much more anticipated in Eagleville. But hey I guess when you can't beat the Eagles on the field it easier to hide behind your computers and trash them on message boards.

JC does not return game to play LC. LC just finds out about this last week. Why would JC not play this game? LC makes a trip to the mountains and JC does not want to come to the city. Bad move JC, we thought you guys were first class. Anyone know why JC backed out of this game? :confused::confused:

My understanding was that this was a one year deal, there was no second year in the contract. Much like the deal JC signed with Wheelersburg, OH to play one year at Wheelersburg. JC wouldnt pay out a fine to back out of a game.

Can you buyout of a game even if the other team doesn't want to give it up? I always thought you could and pay a fine but an athletic director told me that you had to play if the other team didn't agree to let you out of it by paying a fine.

Can you buyout of a game even if the other team doesn't want to give it up? I always thought you could and pay a fine but an athletic director told me that you had to play if the other team didn't agree to let you out of it by paying a fine.

I believe the AD gave you bad scoop. One team cannot physically force another to play them, which is why there is a breakage penalty in the contract. I think that a lot of teams will start increasing the breakage fee and will put in an escalating fee schedule where the fee increases the closer you get to the game. For those teams that already have a difficult time filling a schedule, that would only seem fair.

As for the JC-Central issue, if there was no contract, then Central really shouldn't have a beef, even IF (and I don't know this to be the case) the JC folks were verbally telling Central they were going to be playing at Central this year. It's perhaps unfortunate, but coaches need to start being more business like in setting their schedules. In spite of the verbal assurances, if there is no written contract by a certain date, Central should have lined someone else up.

I believe the AD gave you bad scoop. One team cannot physically force another to play them, which is why there is a breakage penalty in the contract. I think that a lot of teams will start increasing the breakage fee and will put in an escalating fee schedule where the fee increases the closer you get to the game. For those teams that already have a difficult time filling a schedule, that would only seem fair.

As for the JC-Central issue, if there was no contract, then Central really shouldn't have a beef, even IF (and I don't know this to be the case) the JC folks were verbally telling Central they were going to be playing at Central this year. It's perhaps unfortunate, but coaches need to start being more business like in setting their schedules. In spite of the verbal assurances, if there is no written contract by a certain date, Central should have lined someone else up.

This makes sense to me. This issue appears clear. It was either a two year deal or it wasn't.

However, both of these teams probably have a tough time with scheduling. The only teams looking play either of these teams will be other quality opponents. If either one of them were looking to get out of the game, and I'm not saying they were in this case, but they are most likely going to end up playing another quality opponent regardless.

LC lost 5 games and won the state.

If you are Louisville Central why do you really care?

Having won the championship last season and building a great deal of respect and credibility in the football community, they really don't need that game. In all likelihood Central can pick up a bigger ticket from a closer team that might travel better. This is in no way a knock on Johnson Central but an acknowledgment the distance between the two schools.

I would be surprised if Central can't get any takers on a replacement game.

Let me put this at plain as I can possibly put it. Last year's game was a one year contract. JC paid LC to come to Paintsville and play this game so there you go. How can JC be accused of "backing" out of a game when there isn't one scheduled for this year? You've not answered my first questions either. When they scheduled last years game was it for one year at Johnson Central or did they agree to do a two year home and home series? What did the contract say?

ftbll4life, we are all interested in your response to these questions?

ftbll4life, we are all interested in your response to these questions?

Talked with Scroggins at the boys basketball game the other night, (Good luck Central in the Sweet 16), it was a one year contract. But a gentlemen’s agreement to return the favor if a team did not find another game. LC did not look for another game due to the "fact" that JC coach said to Scroggins, "see you next year". Assuming that the game was good for both programs and that they would be in Louisville next year. The pay that Czar is talking about barely covered the full cost to bring two Miller Transportation Busses to Paintsville. So when I stated backed out, I should have said backed out of a great game for both programs. So Czar, there is your answer. My question is why JC would not want to play a defending State Champion that returns 9 starters on defense. Why would JC not called LC in December to tell them that they were not going to come to Louisville. There should have been a little bit more respect than that. But, it's over now. Look for LC to be playing a 6A team or a Catholic State Champion from KY or IN.

Talked with Scroggins at the boys basketball game the other night, (Good luck Central in the Sweet 16), it was a one year contract. But a gentlemen’s agreement to return the favor if a team did not find another game. LC did not look for another game due to the "fact" that JC coach said to Scroggins, "see you next year". Assuming that the game was good for both programs and that they would be in Louisville next year. The pay that Czar is talking about barely covered the full cost to bring two Miller Transportation Busses to Paintsville. So when I stated backed out, I should have said backed out of a great game for both programs. So Czar, there is your answer. My question is why JC would not want to play a defending State Champion that returns 9 starters on defense. Why would JC not called LC in December to tell them that they were not going to come to Louisville. There should have been a little bit more respect than that. But, it's over now. Look for LC to be playing a 6A team or a Catholic State Champion from KY or IN.

Barring any conflicts with Trinity's must-see games, I'll make sure to attend whatever is lined up! I really enjoyed the games I watched Central play last year, and they've become one of my favorites to root for in the city!:thumb: