Holmes 78 Bellevue 32

Anyone that thinks Bellevue's zone was causing Holmes problems is kidding themselves. First of all, just to clarify, I am fairly sure it was never 16-9, it was 18-9. Then Arrez came in and it was over. And if you think that Holmes was actually playing their best offense and not looking for a couple of big plays then you are again, kidding yourself. Holmes guys were a class act, but they knew they could win this game had they spotted Bellevue 20 to begin with. The only reason it was ever close was because Holmes sometimes tended to just stand around against the zone. When they actually cut and moved they got lay ups and dunks.

Well said. :thumb:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was 16 - 9 when Bryan missed the long 3. Again all I am doing is giving an opinion on how a good team could beat/compete with Holmes. They did stand around against the zone. They did not look comfortable in the half court. Same as they did not look comfortable in the half court game NCC made them play.

It was 16 - 9 when Bryan missed the long 3. Again all I am doing is giving an opinion on how a good team could beat/compete with Holmes. They did stand around against the zone. They did not look comfortable in the half court. Same as they did not look comfortable in the half court game NCC made them play.

:thumb:Ok chief...:thumb:

I also heard Bellevue missed 3-4 layups in the first qtr. On a another note about Holmes' play againts zones, I personally would have liked to seen Highlands mix in some zone when they played during the regular season. I am assuming NCC zoned them when they won from what I am reading here.

No Lenny Bays, but they did have Mike Gullett, and he was very very good.

I am curious, who were some of the other kids on that 1999 team at Bellevue? Phil Stevenson? Tom Kafel? Who did Bellevue play that year in the Region?

I also heard Bellevue missed 3-4 layups in the first qtr. On a another note about Holmes' play againts zones, I personally would have liked to seen Highlands mix in some zone when they played during the regular season. I am assuming NCC zoned them when they won from what I am reading here.

Bellevue didn't miss many lay ups. After R. JOhnson sent a Bellevue shot halfway up in the stands Bellevue stayed out of the lane and settled for jumpers.