Cordia 50 Knott Central 39

Coach Honeycutt left on his own a few years ago. I believe were the circumstances. It is always hard to question the Professor, Pleae no disrespect meant.

No disrespect taken.:thumb:

I thought they gently removed him at Knott Central, and then relocated him to another county high school, namely Cordia. Maybe I'm wrong.

Coach Honeycutt was let go as Knott Central's coach a few years back, and now he's beaten his old team in the district tournament once again. What a statement for him!

Honeycutt wasn't let go. But, it would have happened anyway. Jeff wanted full control of the team. And he wasn't going to get it. So, he went back to Cordia where he could have full control and look what Jeff has built.

Congrats to Cordia.

Knott, congrats on a great season. :thumb:

Honeycutt wasn't let go. But, it would have happened anyway. Jeff wanted full control of the team. And he wasn't going to get it. So, he went back to Cordia where he could have full control and look what Jeff has built.

Congrats to Cordia.

Knott, congrats on a great season. :thumb:

He probably left on his on decision, but I get the impression, which is just an opinion, that he felt he wasn't wanted at Knott Central. Or they weren't working with him. And the "control" factor, no doubt, was an issue too.

Jeff's a great person and coach. I remember when he used to coach both the boys and girls teams. Whew!! I asked him once how in the world he was able to do both.:eek:

Congrats to Cordia on their win,:thumb:and to Knott on a good season. With kids like Stamper they have a bright future.:thumb:

He probably left on his on decision, but I get the impression, which is just an opinion, that he felt he wasn't wanted at Knott Central. Or they weren't working with him. And the "control" factor, no doubt, was an issue too.

Jeff's a great person and coach. I remember when he used to coach both the boys and girls teams. Whew!! I asked him once how in the world he was able to do both.:eek:

Congrats to Cordia on their win,:thumb:and to Knott on a good season. With kids like Stamper they have a bright future.:thumb:

Jeff did leave on his own terms. He wasn't wanted by the admin at Knott. The players were a different story. The players knew that they had a great coach and that he could have made them a better team. He just couldn't do what he wanted or needed to make the team better.