Aaron Morris: MCHS Leading Scorer

In Richmond Tuesday night, during a win over Shelby County, Aaron Morris became the all time leading scorer for Madison Central. He scored his 1,872th point. He had points after that to extend his lead but I'm not sure how many, my guess would be about 10 or so. Seeing this number was hard for me to tell how many points that really is, until I figured it up to be an average of about 18 ppg from freshman year until now. Pretty impressive, congrats to Aaron!:thumb:

That's quite an accomplishment. There have been some good players at Madison Central. Who did he pass to take the all-time lead?

The kid is a stud. I wonder what his college options are at this point.

I'm not sure who he passed, I would think Marquis Estill would have been up there. I have heard that he's been offered by every school in KY except UL and UK. I know Tenn Tech wants him and IUPUI was at the game on Tue. I'd say most of the OVC schools have been in contact with him. I know that Gillispie has spoken to him briefly, probably just as a potential walk-on maybe, but he has no interest in UK, and I think he would want to go somewhere he could play.

Aaron Morris is not good enough to play at UK or U of L. Taking players like this is what has caused UK to get in the shape they are in now. I'm not taking anything away from him, because he is a good player, but not UK or U of L potential. I know everyone thinks he is better than Eastern, but I would love to see him here. I think he could get some community support rallied around Eastern. I would love to see some community excitement at EKU. Darnell Dialls is a great example of a player that has made an outstanding impact at Eastern. I think he could come to EKU and make a BIG impact, plus play in front of the "home" crowd.

Aaron Morris is not good enough to play at UK or U of L. Taking players like this is what has caused UK to get in the shape they are in now. I'm not taking anything away from him, because he is a good player, but not UK or U of L potential. I know everyone thinks he is better than Eastern, but I would love to see him here. I think he could get some community support rallied around Eastern. I would love to see some community excitement at EKU. Darnell Dialls is a great example of a player that has made an outstanding impact at Eastern. I think he could come to EKU and make a BIG impact, plus play in front of the "home" crowd.

That's why I said every school in KY except UK and UL. I just mentioned the Gillispie part because I thought it was interesting. I think he would do well at EKU also. He could probably get some good playing time his sophomore year and after.