Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UT 59 Rutgers 58 (Womens)

Featured Replies

So that's a wireless system, probably without much protection and certainly with few failsafes in case of malfunction. Anyone have access to one of these to play around with unplugging the router in operation or other such stunts?

 

You're REALLY upping the conspiracy factor now.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're REALLY upping the conspiracy factor now.

No, I'm suggesting that it doesn't have to be a magic loogey.

I wish that I was on 'ole Rocky Top, down in the Tennessee hills.

 

Ain't no timekeepers down on Rocky Top, They're making sure UT wins.

 

The refs won't make a call on Rocky Top, The whistles will not blow.

 

Tennessee will not lose on Rocky Top, and Rutgers is getting hosed.

 

This is great!!!!!:thumb:

Conspiracy or not, if the clock stuck when it did, there is no way UT does what they did with .2 on the clock. The rebound was still in the UT's players hands with her back to the basket with .2 left frozen. Just finished watching the ending on ESPNU. No way they turn and get the ball where it was without time running out before the foul. Rutgers got it put to them bad.

Was this game played at Duke? If not I bet the timekeeper has worked Duke games before.:thumb:

 

I love when Duke gets brought up by haters.

Is it getting deep in here or what? The conspiracy theories are really just cracking me up. I dont think the CIA and Jason Bourne could have pulled this one off...

One of the explinations I heard is that a ref blew his/her whistle.

 

I'm not a UT fan but IMO Parker got fouled on her shot and her rebound. Had they called either foul none of this would have happened.

One of the explinations I heard is that a ref blew his/her whistle.

 

I'm not a UT fan but IMO Parker got fouled on her shot and her rebound. Had they called either foul none of this would have happened.

 

So the foul was a make-up call on the foul that wasn't call before.

Is it getting deep in here or what? The conspiracy theories are really just cracking me up. I dont think the CIA and Jason Bourne could have pulled this one off...
What's so fantastic about it? I think there are probably several ways that an interested party for the home team could have interrupted the signal somewhere between the origin at the belt mechanisms that were described earlier and the timing system which controls the clock. There have to be people on the homeside who know how it works and how to set it up, and if they know that they probably also know the exploitable faults in the system (and no system has none.) I think I've already argued well enough that if you knew how to do it, there was time enough to decide to do it. And it's not like it would take a secret order from the President or cooperation from the Illuminati, so I just don't see where we're entering the land of paranoid conspiracy theory.

 

All it would take is some person at the scorers table that wanted Tennessee to win no matter what and knowledge of how to halt the system somehow. No big conspiracy, just the willingness to cheat and the knowledge to make it happen, and I don't think either are far-fetched.

Tennessee cheated, plain and simple. The timekeeper should be fired. A win under those circumstances is fraudulent and meaningless.

How did you pull this:

 

So the foul was a make-up call on the foul that wasn't call before.

 

from this?? :confused:

 

One of the explinations I heard is that a ref blew his/her whistle.

 

I'm not a UT fan but IMO Parker got fouled on her shot and her rebound. Had they called either foul none of this would have happened.

"I'm not sure how we managed to win," coach Pat Summitt said.

"We found a way to win," Summitt said.

 

Do these quotes win Pat the Mrs Obvious award for the week.

[b]"I'm not sure how we managed to win," coach Pat Summitt said.

"We found a way to win," Summitt said.

 

Do these quotes win Pat the Mrs Obvious award for the week.[/b]

 

 

I saw the replay. I'm pretty sure I know how.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.