February 13, 200818 yr My Dad (electronic tech in the Navy and still does circuit board design on the side of our auction business) made some excellent points last night when I brought this up while we were watching the Louisville game. For one, it's almost certainly a radio signal that controls the clock from the hip of the ref, so it would be INSANELY easy for a student out in the stands to override. So now we don't even need someone at the scorers table to be willing to cheat, just any Tennessee fan watching the game with the right knowledge. They do have an engineering school in Knoxville, right?
February 13, 200818 yr Tennessee cheated, plain and simple. The timekeeper should be fired. A win under those circumstances is fraudulent and meaningless. I think that if Tennessee had any pride in their program, they would just say "hey, we lost..." and file a petition with the NCAA to have the result reversed.
February 13, 200818 yr I love when Duke gets brought up by haters. Who said I was a hater? Just bringing up some Truth from years past. Dont act like you dont know what I am talking about.
February 13, 200818 yr I think that Anasiki was fouled on the floor, not the shot, so the time should be ABOUT right. I still think that the officials would not have called the foul had the buzzer went off and time expired, but since it hadn't, they blew the whistle. But I think the foul was on the floor, and Tennessee was in the double bonus anyways, so the foul didn't have to be on the shot, which happened after time expired.
February 13, 200818 yr At the same time, the official timekeeper manually controls the clock. Whichever signal is picked up first -- the sound of the referee's whistle, the click of the belt-pack button or the pressing of the timekeeper's button -- officially controls the clock. Costabile said because the clock seemed to pause before reaching zero indicates to him that either an official or the timekeeper may have stopped the clock, anticipating Anosike would be fouled, and then restarted it when that wasn't immediately the case. Hm.
February 14, 200818 yr ESPN radio reported (during the 4:00 - 5:00 a.m. show) this morning that the clock manufacturer says that there is not a problem with their clocks, that it was in house somehow.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.