Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UT 59 Rutgers 58 (Womens)

Featured Replies

Still doesn't change the fact the clock stopped at 0.2. Who ever was running it screwed up or the clock just happened to malfunction with 0.2 seconds left.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm just saying a lot of people are blaming it on "home cooking." I'm just letting everyone know that is not necessarily the case. I suppose the NCAA does that type of thing to avoid the "home cooking" accusations.

Yes, the clock did "stop/hesitate" while at 0:0.2 during live action and then the foul was called.

 

No doubt she was fouled, pulled down. The question is, was any legitimate time remaining, when that happened and if not Rutgers wins by 1.

 

The announcers commented several times, on the clock. Be interesting to see, what the NCAA says or does.

 

 

For one, the time keeper needs to be talked to for sure.

I was wondering why this game got a thread on the board, now I know. Just unbelievable and of course, we have video.

 

Well, I'm just saying a lot of people are blaming it on "home cooking." I'm just letting everyone know that is not necessarily the case. I suppose the NCAA does that type of thing to avoid the "home cooking" accusations.

 

Home cooking is usually served up by referees, what's the difference if it one on the floor or or one at the table. It's still home cookin, Rocky Top style!

Home cooking is usually served up by referees, what's the difference if it one on the floor or or one at the table. It's still home cookin, Rocky Top style!

 

Great conspiracy theory.

 

I don't see how the operator could've done this on purpose even if they wanted to.

 

First they had to see that time was going to run out before UT scored/the foul was called, decide to screw with the clock, stop it with .02 seconds left (but stop it JUST long enough for the foul to be called) and then allow it to run out so you can't say its a clock malfunction.

 

It definitely paused at .2, but to say that it was intentional is laughable.

I think that the Tennessee women, as probably the greatest women's program in the history of women's basketball, should protest the game even though they won and show some class.

Great conspiracy theory.

 

I don't see how the operator could've done this on purpose even if they wanted to.

 

First they had to see that time was going to run out before UT scored/the foul was called, decide to screw with the clock, stop it with .02 seconds left (but stop it JUST long enough for the foul to be called) and then allow it to run out so you can't say its a clock malfunction.

 

It definitely paused at .2, but to say that it was intentional is laughable.

 

Just watched the video again. I can say it was intentional as easily as you can say it wasn't. Fact: clock stopped at .02 with no reason. Fact : foul was committed after this happened. Fact: Tenn. wins due to these facts. Opinion: Rutgers was blatantly jobbed.

Just watched the video again. I can say it was intentional as easily as you can say it wasn't. Fact: clock stopped at .02 with no reason. Fact : foul was committed after this happened. Fact: Tenn. wins due to these facts. Opinion: Rutgers was blatantly jobbed.

 

I don't see any other way to look at it.

Just watched it again. Big Rip Off, Rocky Top or NCAA officiating style!!!!

There was a pause at .2 seconds, however, that pause was for maybe another .2 seconds. Is it even possible for someone to stop and start the clock that quickly? Maybe they have a delay built into the clock to where it occurs every game, and this is just the first time anyone has noticed it? :sssh:

 

There's no question, the ref blew his whistle after time had expired. However, that doesn't mean that the foul occurred after the clock. It's just a late whistle by the ref. That's why they have the replay. Now, if he called the foul on the rebound, the .2 is correct IMO. If the foul was on the shot, then time had expired, and game over. I thought the foul could've been called on the rebound as the Rutgers girl was already pulling on her shoulder. It was much more obvious when she shot the ball.

I wish that I was on 'ole Rocky Top, down in the Tennessee hills.

 

Ain't no timekeepers down on Rocky Top, They're making sure UT wins.

 

The refs won't make a call on Rocky Top, The whistles will not blow.

 

Tennessee will not lose on Rocky Top, and Rutgers is getting hosed.

There was a pause at .2 seconds, however, that pause was for maybe another .2 seconds. Is it even possible for someone to stop and start the clock that quickly?

 

Thats what I'm saying. It definitely stopped. But for it to be intentional, and timed PERFECTLY (both the stop and the restart) is just too much for me to believe. Of course this is (mainly) a UK board, and we're talking about UT, so I don't expect anyone to pass up a chance to blast the Vols.

There was a pause at .2 seconds, however, that pause was for maybe another .2 seconds. Is it even possible for someone to stop and start the clock that quickly? Maybe they have a delay built into the clock to where it occurs every game, and this is just the first time anyone has noticed it? :sssh:

 

There's no question, the ref blew his whistle after time had expired. However, that doesn't mean that the foul occurred after the clock. It's just a late whistle by the ref. That's why they have the replay. Now, if he called the foul on the rebound, the .2 is correct IMO. If the foul was on the shot, then time had expired, and game over. I thought the foul could've been called on the rebound as the Rutgers girl was already pulling on her shoulder. It was much more obvious when she shot the ball.

 

 

Actually on ESPN they timed the pause and the clock was stuck on .2 seconds for 1.3 seconds.

Actually on ESPN they timed the pause and the clock was stuck on .2 seconds for 1.3 seconds.
And then went to zero after the foul. JOBBED.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.