Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chad Johnson Wants to be a Dolphin?

Featured Replies

I would say what happens in the next season with Chad could/will define his career. I personally do not think the Bengals will trade him, not like they are asking me though. Which will leave him a Bengal and a teammate to people he feels let him down. How the dynamics of that play out will be very interesting.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But he's such a good person and he isn't a distraction, and all of his teammates love him.

If the Bengals did decide to trade him, what is the CAP hit that the Bengals would be forced to incur? If I am not mistaken I believe that it is a rather large chunck of change and may be a reason that they would not even consider it.

But he's such a good person and he isn't a distraction, and all of his teammates love him.

 

Are you talking about Chad Johnson? :confused:

Do you guys think Chris Henry, Reggie Kelly, TJ Houshmanzadeh can all take the load?

 

Reggie F. Kelly?

He is under contract thru 2011? He stays in Cincy until then. How old is he at the end of that?

I am a staunch CJ supporter and take most of what he does with a grain of salt. However, I am bit sick of this "everyone dumped on me and didn't take up for me and if I am the problem then get rid of the problem" I say shut up, lay low for a while after the Super Bowl is over and come back in the spring ready to rock-n-roll!

If the Bengals did decide to trade him, what is the CAP hit that the Bengals would be forced to incur? If I am not mistaken I believe that it is a rather large chunck of change and may be a reason that they would not even consider it.

 

I would guess its in the $6M range.

The fans love him here, why would you want to go to the worst team in the NFL. Even though the Bengals aren't outstanding.

TJ and Chris Henry make a better one two punch than most receiver duo's in the league, as long as Hen isn't in the pen. Bengals are spoiled at receiver.

As it stands now unless Marvin and Carson can soothe Chad's hurt ego, I don't expect Chad to be in training camp. I think he holds out. Bengals offer a new contract the week before the season begins.

Bengals have too much invested in him. It is very very difficult to deal him with the hit the team will absorb.

Are you talking about Chad Johnson? :confused:

 

Isn't that what all of his supporters say?

http://www.georgetownnews.com/articles/2008/02/03/sports/sports03.txt

 

"I've worked myself to the point where I make my quarterback look good regardless of what he does," Johnson said.

Yeah, right. Remember how good Johnson made Carson Palmer look this season in San Francisco when he couldn't handle a perfectly lobbed pass in the end zone that would have put the Bengals in position to tie the 49ers with less than three minutes to play in the fourth quarter?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.