The Pledge of Allegiance

Most everything has already been said but here is my feeling.

1. The Pledge is not even close to worship, it is a dedication to your country.

2. Wouldn't God want you to be dedicated to your country?

3. It would appear that you have over-thought this situation in my opinion. Sin is sin is sin, that is very clear, but I find it hard to imagine that the POA would be a sin.

Having said all that, do what you feel is right. If you have a strong conviction then stick with it, or at the very least pray about it long and hard and allow God to speak to you.

First of all I'm not against the pledge under the right circumstances it is being offered.

In reference to the bolded, it would depend upon your country and what they were doing as to whether God would want you to be that dedicated to it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I'm not against the pledge under the right circumstances it is being offered.

In reference to the bolded, it would depend upon your country and what they were doing as to whether God would want you to be that dedicated to it.

Agreed.

In my personal opinion as long as we do not let anything take first place in our lifes and govern it more than God we are fine. I say the pledge. I stand when our national anthem is played with my hand over my heart. God tells us to obey the law of the land as long as it does'nt contradict his law. Pleding one's allegiance to the greatest country in the world is not in any way profaning God or commiting idol worship. We are just demonstrating our extreme pride in our country. Unless it keeps us from serving God or keeps us away from the church we are o.k..