Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 79 Vandy 73

Featured Replies

Most times intense physical games are ugly and this was one of those. I think we got our first true glimpse of Billy ball today they all played as hard as I've seen a UK team play since Chuck Hayes left. BCG did a much better job of game managment hopefully this is not a one and done game and we stay on this level. Joe must be a lot tougher than I thought if he could barely walk earlier in the week and played 48 hard minutes and did a good job on Foster who had very few open looks.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can agree with this as well, He had one heck of a game today and was big in this win but as I said in an earlier post.... Bradley also about cost us as well with some terrible choices, not looking for the open man and taking a few really bonehead shots.

JMO

 

You take Bradley off this team and they couldn't win six games all year!!!!!

Great win!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

BCG does something Tubby hadn't done in 2 years. LOL Discuss.

Unfortunately, he has done a lot of other things that Tubby hasn't done in his life.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I absolutely love watching Patterson play. Not just the talent he brings to the floor but more so his emotion. Unbelievable. One thing I don't understand is why Stewart isn't seeing at least a couple minutes a game. He has to have more offensive talent than Coury. Granted, Coury can hit that jumper from the free throw line every once in awhile but his "moves" down low are horrendous.

 

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned yet but the jump-ropers at halftime were amazing. Great little show they put on.

Foster will pay for play next year.

 

They're taking him off scholarship?! ;)

BCG is the real deal and I think he and thye team are finally on the same page. This team is limited in talent but continues to play hard and will not quit on this season. I look for the Cats to beat some other ranked SEC teams this year and finish the year strong with something to bulid upon for next year and beyound.

Game Ball goes to...

 

 

Joe Crawford for his SHUT DOWN D on Foster in both Overtimes!!!

 

I agree. He played great defense.

Most times intense physical games are ugly and this was one of those. I think we got our first true glimpse of Billy ball today they all played as hard as I've seen a UK team play since Chuck Hayes left. BCG did a much better job of game managment hopefully this is not a one and done game and we stay on this level. Joe must be a lot tougher than I thought if he could barely walk earlier in the week and played 48 hard minutes and did a good job on Foster who had very few open looks.

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but part of the reason for the great effort might be the fact that BCG "scaled" down the pregame practice to little more than a walk through. UK's legs certainly looked to be a bit more fresh. Might want to hold on to that policy...

For the first time in awhile, UK was fun to watch.

 

:thumb:

 

Even if they would have lost.

You take Bradley off this team and they couldn't win six games all year!!!!!

 

That's not the way I see it. If you give this team completely healthy versions of Meeks and Jasper, and I think they would be just fine without Bradley. Leadership might become an issue, but we have no way of speculating what kind of intangibles he brings in the lockerroom.

My only complaint is why on earth didn't UK's players (mainly Stevenson and Bradley) have enough sense to call a timeout instead of turning the ball over twice inside the final minute and allow Vandy to send the game to OT.

 

It's frustrating. But, we won, so I can live with it. I liked the effort. I still think this team can make some big strides and surprise some people if they can ever get healthy, stay healthy, play together and develop some chemistry.

My only complaint is why on earth didn't UK's players (mainly Stevenson and Bradley) have enough sense to call a timeout instead of turning the ball over twice inside the final minute and allow Vandy to send the game to OT.

 

:thumb:

 

The bench should have called it as well.

My only complaint is why on earth didn't UK's players (mainly Stevenson and Bradley) have enough sense to call a timeout instead of turning the ball over twice inside the final minute and allow Vandy to send the game to OT.

 

It's frustrating. But, we won, so I can live with it. I liked the effort. I still think this team can make some big strides and surprise some people if they can ever get healthy, stay healthy, play together and develop some chemistry.

 

I agree! Both times I was jumping up and down yelling "time out! time out!" at my TV, but apparently nobody heard me. :lol:

I thought Curry played well today..had some good minutes.

 

:thumb: This was a good "Team" win. All imo contributed.

For the first time this season, Rupp Arena was fun! Losing a few games and struggling a bit makes the fans appreciate the wins! Foster is a great player and Crawford shut him down in the OT periods. Amazing...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.