Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 79 Vandy 73

Featured Replies

Can we just talk about the greatness of Gus Johnson for a moment?

 

Ran into Gus after the game as they were getting ready for a police escort to the airport...Suit on...check....Overcoat..check...Detroit Tigers Profit hat...check.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Cats only played 7 people, lucky to pull it out in OT.

2. I don't care about the stats- Bradley kept UK from winning multiple times, while Crawford played much better. I'd take Joe any day.

3. Shane Foster is a stud (how old is he?), and Ogilvy is going to be a force in the SEC depending how long he stays.

4. Patrick Patterson is kind of good at basketball.

5. Stevenson had a solid game.

6. Poor but consistent officiating.

7. Gus Johnson is funny to listen to...

 

Cats played 8. Porter played briefly. Patterson and Bradley logged 50 minutes each and I think Crawford payed 48. I guess those tough game day practices are hurting them.

Bradley took 8 of UK's 9 shots in one stretch of the second half. Still makes some questionable decisions with the ball.

Foster will pay for play next year.

Stevenson bailed himself out with 5 steals. Has no hands and is a turnover dummy on the court.

I know you mentioned that in the update thread and I saw Vandy fronting the post and not giving PP any open looks. HOWEVER, that's why you run plays for him. It's sad the coach would have to call a timeout OR tell the guards to run a play for him.

 

They won and considering how things have gone, it has to be enjoyed. We shall see how this team does next week. They have played 2 road games and looked awful and no one needs to be reminded of the UAB debacle. This is a nice stepping stone for a team that has had trouble doing anything right. Would be nice to seem them string some wins together.

 

They ran plays for him but just didn't get him the ball. For a large chunk of second half and OT they doubled the post and shaded a defender. UK really only had two perimeter options with Bradley and Crawford....Harris and Stevenson were not going to be guarded on the perimeter.

Good win for the Cats today. I'm glad Tubby taught them how to win close games and overtime games. Credit OTS and staff for this one.

 

:laugh::laugh: Why Not! There are some that are still blaming him when we lose so lets give him some credit now as well!! :lol::lol: Your'e killin' me B.B. --LOL

 

Orlando "Tubby" Smith was the reason that U.K. won this game today, he recruited Crawford, Bradley and Patterson (yes, I know that BCG came in on P.P. and re assured him that U.K. wanted him but OTS had him coming to U.K.),................ sounds about as ridiculous for blaming him for our losses this season now doesn't it?? (LOL)

 

(Now I am having some fun with it)

I don't think many have questioned his ability...only his desire...today he sucked it up and played well. Foster is sick...he hit some ridiculous shots.

 

:thumb:

Bingo. Enough said, Tubby's player scored 20 points in the 2nd half. :thumb:

 

Has to work both ways.

 

Tubby would not have gotten the defensive effort out of Crawford as BCG did today and he would have never been able to play anyone close to 50 minutes...his teams over the last few years have lacked toughness and conditioning.

You think Sparks would have been allowed to become a little heavy under BCG.

I absolutely love the way Bradley played in the first half of this ballgame. It seemed like he was doing a good job getting people involved in the offense, and he played well defensively. My problem with Bradley was that it seemed like in the second half he realized that he hadn't scored and he took it upon himself to "get his". Sure he scored 20 points or whatever, and hit a big shot in the 2nd OT to basically seal the game, but how many times did he become a black hole in the second half (the ball goes in, but doesn't ever come back out). For the most part you cannot question his effort, but I think his selfishness can and should be questioned.

 

I can agree with this as well, He had one heck of a game today and was big in this win but as I said in an earlier post.... Bradley also about cost us as well with some terrible choices, not looking for the open man and taking a few really bonehead shots.

JMO

A little early to say Jasper is out a month...it could be something as little as day to day, a week or longer.

If it is only a sprain, then in my opinion getting the swelling under control will be key....

I sprained my MCL and ACL in high school baseball, and was on crutches for 5 days but back running in two weeks. My biggest issue was swelling...I could not do rehab for a week because it swelled up so bad.

I would normally say something back to this, but I just started a thread about all this Tubby debate. And I think we all need to just stop with this talk, so I not going to say anything back. :D

 

It's a good step. I took this step two weeks ago. I decided to stay out of any Tubby / BCG debate. Its not good for the fans, the coaches, or the players.

Is he really serious?

 

Were the ones that are still blaming OTS for losses this season at U.K. serious?

Like I said earlier, this sounds about as ridiculous as to blame him for a U.K. loss this season so why not. I guess that it doesn't work both ways though............:D

I thought Curry played well today..had some good minutes.

Oeverall, just a lot of bad basketball, with some talented guys making some hard shots. Vandy ran a nice play to force the first OT when they had to have a three. Foster hit it.

 

Kentucky also did some nice things to isolate the post and take advantage of Vandy's desire to always front. Most of it was done in regulation, and in all honesty, a lot of it was directed toward the Neltner kid who's from Ky. He did a good job helping Kentucky win this game at both ends.

 

The teams play 50 minutes and combine for more than 50 turnovers, if the CBS count was close. Combine that with some rough foul shooting by both teams, and it's an overall bad performance by both teams that someone had to win.

Oeverall, just a lot of bad basketball, with some talented guys making some hard shots. Vandy ran a nice play to force the first OT when they had to have a three. Foster hit it.

 

Kentucky also did some nice things to isolate the post and take advantage of Vandy's desire to always front. Most of it was done in regulation, and in all honesty, a lot of it was directed toward the Neltner kid who's from Ky. He did a good job helping Kentucky win this game at both ends.

 

The teams play 50 minutes and combine for more than 50 turnovers, if the CBS count was close. Combine that with some rough foul shooting by both teams, and it's an overall bad performance by both teams that someone had to win.

 

6-7 UK just beat one of the 5 undefeated teams in NCAA 1A. I'll take it. :thumb:

:laugh::laugh: Why Not! There are some that are still blaming him when we lose so lets give him some credit now as well!! :lol::lol: Your'e killin' me B.B. --LOL

 

Orlando "Tubby" Smith was the reason that U.K. won this game today, he recruited Crawford, Bradley and Patterson (yes, I know that BCG came in on P.P. and re assured him that U.K. wanted him but OTS had him coming to U.K.),................ sounds about as ridiculous for blaming him for our losses this season now doesn't it?? (LOL)

 

(Now I am having some fun with it)

 

Hay,way to go there Oldramble,I'm with you on this.:thumb::thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.