January 12, 200818 yr Great Win for the Wildcats!!! Maybe, just maybe this may get things going in the right direction. I thought that Patterson came up big and played an excellent game. He came up huge on the boards. For this team to get a win vs. a good team like this w/o Meeks and w/o Jasper to handle the ball down the stretch, I just hold my breath whenever Bradley has to be that guy. Don't get me wrong, Bradley came up big in the 2nd half butr as another said, he was one big reason why we blew a 16pt. lead as well. The one time when Vandy went to the full court pressure he takes the ball on the dribble with his head down - goes straight towards the sideine with two defenders - then picks up his dribble and with the sideline basically has a triple team on him. I went off :lol:!! That was just one instance where he messed up - there were a few absolute Bonehead shots thrown up by him as well. He did come up big as well also, I'll give him credit for that. Imo he (Bradley) needs to look for more people at times and when something is not there he has to not take it upon himself, he has other players on the floor as well. That is just me though - like I said, it kills me to see him running this team from the point. Enough of my critisizm of him though, Bradley did come up big :thumb:, Patterson doesn't play like a freshman , he is a "Man Child" and he is for real. I also thought that Crawford played well, Crawfords "Lock Down D" on Foster was a BIG Key to this Win!. I agree wih another poster earlier in that I would give him the game ball for that defensive effort on a great player in Foster. All in all everyone stepped up for a much needed Win! :ylsuper: Great win for the Cats, now let go down to Starkville Tuseday night and get another SEC "W" ! :flame:
January 12, 200818 yr Great win for the Cats! Patterson, PLEASE STAY 2 more years! Patterson is a stud, and in my opinion the best post presence we've had in Lexington in a long time.
January 12, 200818 yr Wondering how Jasper is if anyone has any news and this is a great win without Meeks. Good point about Jasper :thumb:, hopefully he will be fine but it didn't look good.
January 12, 200818 yr So Kentucky gets their first big, big win of the year. They blow a lead and show a lot of heart by staying in the game and pulling it out. Bradley scores all his points in the 2nd half and even though he hit some big shots, he was one of the main reasons why the lead evaporated in the first place. Regardless, it's a big win and let's see if they can keep up the momentum going on the road to play Mississippi St and Florida next week. This team plays so much better when Bradley plays within the concept of the system, which he rarely does. I agree that Bradley is the reason Vandy got back in the game, and if the ref had got the call right (the 3 point play that should have been a charge) Vandy would have won.
January 12, 200818 yr I know you mentioned that in the update thread and I saw Vandy fronting the post and not giving PP any open looks. HOWEVER, that's why you run plays for him. It's sad the coach would have to call a timeout OR tell the guards to run a play for him. They won and considering how things have gone, it has to be enjoyed. We shall see how this team does next week. They have played 2 road games and looked awful and no one needs to be reminded of the UAB debacle. This is a nice stepping stone for a team that has had trouble doing anything right. Would be nice to seem them string some wins together. If we can't get Patterson the ball on the first look they never look back. And sometimes you have to take a dribble or two to enter the ball. I'll get worried when Patterson quits working for the ball, but he has to get it more, no question about it.
January 12, 200818 yr If we can't get Patterson the ball on the first look they never look back. And sometimes you have to take a dribble or two to enter the ball. I'll get worried when Patterson quits working for the ball, but he has to get it more, no question about it. :thumb:
January 12, 200818 yr This team plays so much better when Bradley plays within the concept of the system, which he rarely does. I agree that Bradley is the reason Vandy got back in the game, and if the ref had got the call right (the 3 point play that should have been a charge) Vandy would have won. and if Foster wouldn't have hit that three with someone right in his face UK wouldn't of been in OT...:rolleyes:Nice argument...
January 12, 200818 yr Good win for the Cats today. I'm glad Tubby taught them how to win close games and overtime games. Credit OTS and staff for this one.
January 12, 200818 yr Good win for the Cats today. I'm glad Tubby taught them how to win close games and overtime games. Credit OTS and staff for this one. Seriously?
January 12, 200818 yr Good win for the Cats today. I'm glad Tubby taught them how to win close games and overtime games. Credit OTS and staff for this one. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Hold on, let me breath a second... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
January 12, 200818 yr Good win for the Cats today. I'm glad Tubby taught them how to win close games and overtime games. Credit OTS and staff for this one. You cannot be serious..:laugh:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.