January 13, 200818 yr Don't know if it has been mentioned, but part of the reason for the great effort might be the fact that BCG "scaled" down the pregame practice to little more than a walk through. UK's legs certainly looked to be a bit more fresh. Might want to hold on to that policy... I just finished watch "the Billy Gillispie Show" and he was ask about just that. BCG stated that it depended on the gametime on how hard that they would go in a gameday practice but there would always be one. BCG said an earlier start (12-1pm) they wouldn't go very hard at all and with a later start they would probably go very hard practice for about an hour.
January 13, 200818 yr I just finished watch "the Billy Gillispie Show" and he was ask about just that. BCG stated that it depended on the gametime on how hard that they would go in a gameday practice but there would always be one. BCG said an earlier start (12-1pm) they wouldn't go very hard at all and with a later start they would probably go very hard practice for about an hour. Yeah I like thatand watched it also. Gets everyone up and going. I take it that most coaches in high school would like to do this but school stops this from happening and may be the reason it isnt necessary. In high school on breaks most coaches have a pregame practice/rundown or before tournament games. I wonder what a UK hard pregame Billy G. practice consists of? IMO its harder than most college regualr practices the way the players talk.:flame:RUN!!!:walk:
January 13, 200818 yr I LOVE the enthusiasm on the bench, it really looks like Billy G has them playing his game now...I could listen to Gus all day...
January 13, 200818 yr I LOVE the enthusiasm on the bench, it really looks like Billy G has them playing his game now...I could listen to Gus all day... I going to have to wait to see this a few more times. Because there have been a couple of games this year where it really looked like things were coming together, and then the very next game we look horrible again...
January 13, 200818 yr BCG is the real deal and I think he and thye team are finally on the same page. This team is limited in talent but continues to play hard and will not quit on this season. I look for the Cats to beat some other ranked SEC teams this year and finish the year strong with something to bulid upon for next year and beyound. Whoa....whoa whoa, they won one game, that they were up 16. They have a long, long way to go.
January 13, 200818 yr This could be the win that we were looking for that turns UK's season around. I had not been so excited about UK basketball since they last won the SEC Championship game, and that is saying something good and something bad.
January 13, 200818 yr When you got a coach like BCG who makes life tough for the players, they hate him when they lose and begin to believe in him when they win. This gives some momentum but to say this game is proof that they are playing his style of ball now and is jumping the gun.
January 13, 200818 yr I going to have to wait to see this a few more times. Because there have been a couple of games this year where it really looked like things were coming together, and then the very next game we look horrible again... :thumb: I agree here, one very well played game vs. a very good opponet was a great sign and hopefully we can back up that kind of effort and start playing with that kind of effort/heart and hustle EVERY game.
January 13, 200818 yr When you got a coach like BCG who makes life tough for the players, they hate him when they lose and begin to believe in him when they win. This gives some momentum but to say this game is proof that they are playing his style of ball now and is jumping the gun. :thumb::thumb:
January 13, 200818 yr Yeah I like thatand watched it also. Gets everyone up and going. I take it that most coaches in high school would like to do this but school stops this from happening and may be the reason it isnt necessary. In high school on breaks most coaches have a pregame practice/rundown or before tournament games. I wonder what a UK hard pregame Billy G. practice consists of? IMO its harder than most college regualr practices the way the players talk.:flame:RUN!!!:walk: BCG knows much more....very much more than I do about it but I am just not in favor of an all out practice on gameday. A walk though....absolutely but not an all out "rough" practice even if it is only for an hour. JMO and like I said, BCG has forgotten more about basketball than I and probably 99% (if not higher) of people on here will ever know. I love the game and think that I know it "fairly" well but no where near that kind of level so I will trust in him (BCG) and not "bash" our coach. :thumb:
January 14, 200818 yr I going to have to wait to see this a few more times. Because there have been a couple of games this year where it really looked like things were coming together, and then the very next game we look horrible again... :thumb: This year will have plenty of downs we all just as well get used to it.
January 14, 200818 yr BCG knows much more....very much more than I do about it but I am just not in favor of an all out practice on gameday. A walk though....absolutely but not an all out "rough" practice even if it is only for an hour. JMO and like I said, BCG has forgotten more about basketball than I and probably 99% (if not higher) of people on here will ever know. I love the game and think that I know it "fairly" well but no where near that kind of level so I will trust in him (BCG) and not "bash" our coach. :thumb: I'm not bashing the coach if thats what you think I'm doing. I'm all for whatever he did the morning before the Vandy game, hard or easy its whatever it takes IMO. I am a Billy G. fan and an UK fan no matter what. :dancingpa
January 14, 200818 yr Why didnt they rush the floor? After all they did just upset the undefeated #13 ranked team in the country.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.