Best coach in the 10th region

Mac has some pretty good success with a tough guy attitude and Coach Schultz, I GUARANTEE, ain't as tough as Mac.

If the players and the parents can't handle a little toughness, maybe they should look in the mirror and wonder if it is them.

Do you really think Pat Summit ain't tough? Do you think Mickie Demoss wasn't tough? Do you think that Vivian Stringer at Rutgers ain't tough? You think Nancy Winstel at NKU ain't tough? (My favorite Coach Winstel story is that she took her shoes off and threw them at players DURING practice when they weren't doing what she wanted. THAT IS HILARIOUS!) You think Brian Neal at Thomas More, presently #5 in the country NCAA DIII, ain't tough? (I know for a fact he is.)

Good point there! Coach schults is tough but she is also fair.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will concur with your comments. But since 2004-05, which is the year I based my comment on, what is the "so called top coaches" listed records against each other? As for regional championship, no school other than Montgomery has won since then. Also, could any other school have won the district championship against Montgomery. The 40th is by far the toughest district in the region and with Montgomery's talent in recent years, I don't care if your Pat Summitt you aren't going to be at them on any consistent basis. But Montgomery will eventually come back to the pack in the next two years and next to Mason Counties young talent, Clark has as much talent as anyone in the region.......... i.e the Roger sisters!

I didn't say anything about winning a regional championship. He has never even won a game in a regional tournament! You can't be considered a top coach when you coach at the largest school in the region and have never even won a regional tournament game. Good coach, decent coach, above average coach....maybe. But does not deserve to be mentioned on a "Best coach in the 10th region" thread.

After watching the Paris v. Montgomery game last night I have to go with Paris' T. Brooks as Best coach in the 10th. He has talent and can utilize that talent.

Paris did almost pull off the W last night and Brooks is a great coach. If he can get his team playing the way they did last night, they might make a run come March.

And as for Brooks, I'm sure we'll see him on the college front in the next few years.