Bored Bored Bored...

PepRock01

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like fun. Are you getting Double Time or Do they know what that is????

I get 16 hours holiday pay if I don't work, and I get double time on holidays that I work along with the 16 hours holiday pay. But, Christmas Eve is not a holiday according to Boyd Co.

I have to wrap Christmas presents, replace a hard drive, format and reinstall Vista, I have to visit a cousin's place I really don't want to go to, then I have to sing the 8:30 Mass tonight(probably by myself) then sing Midnight mass. Tomorrow morining I have to be at Church at 10 to sing prelude and then do the 11 o'clock mass. My day won't really be relaxing until about 12:15 tomorrow.

Now, I feel better, and you should also, because you have not heard me sing. If you want to greatly decrease the number Catholics in Louisville, then invite be to sing. I don't think my working 24 on Christmas Eve is so bad now.

Sounds, like you will have a busy evening. If your done by noon tomorrow, at least there may be some time to watch a football game.

Now, I feel better, and you should also, because you have not heard me sing. If you want to greatly decrease the number Catholics in Louisville, then invite be to sing. I don't think my working 24 on Christmas Eve is so bad now.

Sounds, like you will have a busy evening. If your done by noon tomorrow, at least there may be some time to watch a football game.

:lol: That was good.

Trust me, I will likely be taking a nap after dinner tomorrow. We will get back from church to do presents and so on with my nieces and the rest of the family, then right after that we'll have dinner and I will probably pass out on the couch. :D

Th e thing is Chrismas is LESS exhausting for me than it used to be when my dad was the Choir Director at St. Louis Bertrand here in Louisville. Back then we did masses at 4, 5:15 and Midnight on Christmas eve then came right back for 9, 10:30 and 12 o'clock masses on Christmas Day. Not even taking into account the hour of prelude prior to Midnight mass.

As a former EMT and volunteer firefighter, I understand where your are coming from. It seems that this time of year is bad for Emergency Responders.

It can be.

I saw your location, I grew up in LA (Lower Argillite), and now live just outside LA.

I just pronounced someone dead on Christmas eve with a lot of their family there. Not a good day for some families.

Oh, Ram. I am sorry for them, and sorry for you....

But "thank you" for doing such difficult and necessary work.