December 13, 200718 yr As I said in a Bonds thread months ago, the group most to blame for this is Bud Selig and his troops / owners for having their heads in the sand for years and then feigning surprise when the info started going public. Hypocrisy at its finest. Who can blame the players when there were no penalties in place and no one gave any indication of caring what they did? I'm with you Latch, I still think that is why the Wood deal fell apart so quickly and quietly.
December 13, 200718 yr Remember the guy from Saturday Night Live who always said "basebal bin berra berra good to me?" If Chico Escuela had been on the list, I don't know if I could go on. :lol:
December 13, 200718 yr They're not going to do anything... Why would they not throw a 50-game suspension on the players?
December 13, 200718 yr Remember the guy from Saturday Night Live who always said "basebal bin berra berra good to me?" If Chico Escuela had been on the list, I don't know if I could go on. :lol: Bad Stuff 'Bout the Mets "Tom Seaver borrow Chico's soap, never give it back" :laugh:
December 13, 200718 yr An important part that needs to be understood. This is from the clubhouse guy or trainer from TWO TEAMS. Yankees and Red Sox and a little bit of other information. How many people are out there just like these two guys that have yet to be caught. DON'T make the assumption that this is all. Just the ones who dealt with these two individuals.
December 13, 200718 yr Why would they not throw a 50-game suspension on the players? Why would they? These guys never failed a drug test and used (allegedly) before the penalty structures were in place. If they haven't failed a drug test since the program's inception, what would the penalty be?
December 13, 200718 yr If you are going to penalize the players, I think the teams who looked the other way should be penalized too. I wouldn't be opposed to vacating the World Series titles, pennants, division titles from this time period if the winning teams had a player on the team playing in the games that was juiced. Penalize the players, than penalize the teams, too.
December 13, 200718 yr Why would they not throw a 50-game suspension on the players? These are accusations of use. The suspension will only come if they receive a positive test.
December 13, 200718 yr Again, WHY penalize the players? They didn't fail anything. MLB wasn't testing back then. The only penalty is in the court of public opinion.
December 13, 200718 yr Why would they not throw a 50-game suspension on the players? Well if the violations occurred AFTER the policy was put into place that would be bad form. That would be like the city you live in starting an ordinance that all house numbers had to be the color gold. Fortunately, you put gold numbers on your house in 2002. But they fine you anyway because they have a picture of your house in 2001 with black numbers. That's not really fair. You can't retroactively punish people for rules that did not exist at that time. They can, however, be prosecuted if they obtained them illegally and THEN MLB could punish them for violating league rules by getting arrested, etc. So if they discover your black house numbers were actually stolen from the local hardware store they could then arrest you, etc.
December 13, 200718 yr Why would they? These guys never failed a drug test and used (allegedly) before the penalty structures were in place. If they haven't failed a drug test since the program's inception, what would the penalty be?How about, misleading that 4th grader, sitting in the front row and wanting to be just like you, for him to find out now, his idol has cheated....:cry: There will be a lot of parent/child conversations, going on this evening.
December 13, 200718 yr How about, misleading that 4th grader, sitting in the front row and wanting to be just like you, Are you a "Norman Rockwell" artist? :bunny:
December 13, 200718 yr I bet if you could interview the club house guys from every team for the past 15 years, you could probably see as much as 75% players used...
December 13, 200718 yr Author I bet if you could interview the club house guys from every team for the past 15 years, you could probably see as much as 75% players used... I'd say post 114 is pretty accurate...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.