Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Dopers

Featured Replies

What ticks me off is that he players union didn't cooperate at all so there are a whole lot of guys that are guilty not being named.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom, be serious. They weren't testing and there was no defined penalties. They had no desire to enforce it because they needed Sammy and Mac to bring the fans back.

 

You are very intelligent -- you know that policy from '97 is nonsense.

I didnt know you could write a hooker a check....

I will ask next time.....

 

:laugh:

  • Author
Tom, be serious. They weren't testing and there was no defined penalties. They had no desire to enforce it because they needed Sammy and Mac to bring the fans back.

 

You are very intelligent -- you know that policy from '97 is nonsense.

 

I really think they hoped that the enforcement of the drug testing and penalties in the minor's would take care of the future. In the meantime, they'll allow Big Mac and Sammy to help increase attendance and bring the fans back.

 

Boy did that backfire...

I bet these players aren't happy about this report.

 

 

 

 

 

 

You're right Sticky. It does feel good.

  • Author
I bet these players aren't happy about this report.

 

 

 

 

 

 

You're right Sticky. It does feel good.

 

:lol::lol::lol:

Tom, be serious. They weren't testing and there was no defined penalties. They had no desire to enforce it because they needed Sammy and Mac to bring the fans back.

 

You are very intelligent -- you know that policy from '97 is nonsense.

 

Doesn't mean it couldn't be enforced, then or now.

 

Even with no "defined penalties," anybody who took part in the steroid trade from that point forward was "subject to discipline by the Commissioner and risk(ed) permanent expulsion from the game." That could open a very large door, if the Budman chooses to do so.

Correct, he's not in the report...

 

I'm glad, he's one of my all-time favorite Red Sox, he plays the game the right way. Plus I'll always remember him for giving A-Rod the ole' 2 hand shove to the kisser and turning the 2004 season around.

I've thought about this long and hard today (I had a long drive, so what better to do than listen to hours of coverage). I've decided that pretty much everyone was cheating and there's really no telling how long this has been going on. Heck, you can't even detect HGH, so only the idiots that purchased it using their own names off the Internet were caught doing this. Any moron would know to get a friend to purchase the stuff. That being said, I don't think we know the half of it still and we have a pretty impressive list. All this taken into consideration - what can you do? I say the records must stand and we must go from here in an attempt to clean up.

Blame Donald Fehr, Selig's hands are tied...

 

Donald Fehr's are more tied than Selig's. He represents the players, he doesn't make their decisions for them.

This just pretty much sums up what I've said all along... There are more players that played in the majors that DID use some form of steroids than players that DIDN"T. They need to try and get this out of the way as quick as possible so the league can move on.. If any discipline is made at all I would only narrow it down to stuff that happened in the last 5 years or so.. Sad day in baseball.

Doesn't mean it couldn't be enforced, then or now.

 

Even with no "defined penalties," anybody who took part in the steroid trade from that point forward was "subject to discipline by the Commissioner and risk(ed) permanent expulsion from the game." That could open a very large door, if the Budman chooses to do so.

 

Bud Selig and his band of merry men are the biggest hypocrites in this whole ordeal. If he goes after any of these players after-the-fact it will open a kettle of fish he'll immediately wish he hadn't.

 

Fortunately for him, the amount of defamation law-suits will be small because that would mean, in most cases, the players would have to take the stand UNDER OATH and answer questions. Umm, me thinks they wouldn't like that much.

Baseball had a steriod problem in the 90's.

 

Adam Dunn wasn't on the list.

 

Adam Dunn is a liability in the field.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.