Basketball fan needs advice or opinions

I don't know if people are saying it Never works , but I am saying there is a better way. I have 10 players and they all 10 have D1 scholarships on the table.(and they just began their junior yr.) We aren't a high school team so its a little different talent level but my point is there are 379 D1 schools, its not real hard to get a scholarship to one of them. Its harder to get a scholarship to the top 50, but the work is getting yourself noticed. Does that mean that because your not good enough to play for one of the big aau or exposure programs you cannot get noticed? Absolutely not, but you and your parents have to get to work on making sure the colleges know your there. They aren't going to notice everyone even at the National events. The work is on the parents and players because most coaches aren't going to do the leg work for you. He may be a great coach but getting 2 kids into D1 ball isn't saying much;) Maybe he should try a different approach.

Just for the record, I don't think Harrison County had one the previous 20 some years.

Curious, are you in a urban area compared to a rural area like Harrison County that has about 12,000 people TOTAL in the WHOLE COUNTY.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, I don't think Harrison County had one the previous 20 some years.

Curious, are you in a urban area compared to a rural area like Harrison County that has about 12,000 people TOTAL in the WHOLE COUNTY.

Maybe the folks in Harrison co. don't know how to get noticed , haven't tried, don't care, etc.... but I can almost guarantee they could have had several kids go D1 and I know absolutely nothing about them. The sad thing for alot of young athletes is that alot of schools hire someone to coach them who know absolutely nothing about getting kids recruited nor care to spend the hours and hours it takes to do it. I had an athletic director tell me getting a kid recruited wasn't their goal or their job, "if the kids good enough they will get noticed". That is a terrible misconception.

I am in an urban area. (at least more than Harrison co.)