iPapi

Who wins the title?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central already got owned by one mountain team this year, IMO it will be two by the time Belfry gets done smacking them around. Belfry wins by 13.
But they're not playing in the mountains this time ...

Central doesn't appear to travel very well, and next week they won't have to.

Last year's Central team, that lost to Bowling Green 21-14 in the semi-state, was probably a little better talentwise, but under Ty Scroggins, this Central team is MUCH more disciplined than before, so they probably won't "give" games away like in the past.

Also if you think Belfry will line up and just "run over" Central, you are sorely mistaken. Central is as big and physical as anyone in any class - ask Highlands.

Central's weakspot though is that they are pretty thin, several play both sides of the ball, so Belfry might be able to "wear them down" by the late part of the game, also a big dropoff in talent if Central has to go deep into the bench.

Mister Cobble - #54 is a beast, you will see a lot of him.

Belfry's been there before, Central hasn't - that might be the determining factor. That and turnovers/mistakes.

BTW, Central's drive time to the "pizza box" is about 7 minutes.

I'll be pulling for Central. I have the utmost respect for Belfry, having gotten to know their fans over the years, were they playing anyone else they'd have my support. However I have been pulling for this for the Central Yellowjackets for years, I really want to see this for them.

Also if you think Belfry will line up and just "run over" Central, you are sorely mistaken. Central is as big and physical as anyone in any class - ask Highlands.

I doubt anybody will seriously think that. We have the utmost respect for Central and their abilities. I think this will be a very tough matchup.

Congrats Belfry.... I will try my best to go down and support the Pirates again at Papa Johns. EKU, could this be the best Belfry team ever? It sure looks like it. They are KILLING ppl this year.

We will evaluate that question after Friday.

Our local cable access channel replayed the 2003 and 2004 State Title Games on Thursday night and it gave me a chance to compare the teams. Those two teams were special, and will alwaysremain special as the teams that finally "did it". I seriously doubt Belfry will ever have a better 1-2 combo as Doug and Dave, and Childress was the most underrated player to ever suit up for Belfry. But, the resounding effect I had from those two teams is they were relegated to TWO gamebreakers. They had a bunch of players that could make a huge play, but only Doug and Dave were the types of players who single handidly could take over a game, and more times than not they did. This year's edition of Belfry has gamebreakers littered all across the roster. Of course you have your three primary offensive weapons in May, Lee, and Elkins... but defensively you can add Dotson, and Hickman in the mix as well, plus the additon of Thomas Varney who has amde plays on every side of the ball and special teams.

Alot of people are torn when you ask who was better between the 2003 and 2004 teams, after Thursday ngitht heer was no question to me that the 2004 squad was the cream of the crop, if this team can bring home a title then we can decide their place in Belfry history (well possibly until the end of next year cause Belfry has ALOT returning).