Belfry vs. Louisville Central 3A State Championship

iPapi

Who wins the title?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title?

I'm rooting for the Yellowjackets for several reasons:

1) This school NEEDS this win. They NEED this for several reasons, not the least of which is very first State Championship.

2) Fan Support for Central: I think that fans of teams that Central traveled to are going to be SHOCKED by the number of fans Central will have at the State game. Johnson Central is a LONG way for many families without transportation or means to drive. Papa John's is right near their neighborhood. They'll be there. BTW...Love their band and drumline. Looking foward to seeing them at this game.

3) These boys are competitive. They've played (almost inarguably) the toughest schedule in the state in any class. As another poster mentioned, this is paying off.

4) Even if Belfry does win, which on paper seems likely, I don't think Belfry will "name the score". I think that the Belfry team is aware that this isn't a Yellowjacket team driving 5-6 hours to play that night. For those of you who saw Lou Central play Johnson Central, I think you'll see a different team in Papa John's than was at Johnson Central.

5) Lastly, I could not be happier for this inner-city school with some of the most challenging obstacles facing ANY school in Kentucky! These kids, their families, they deserve this. I think it's a HUGE testament to Coach Scroggins and his staff for what he's done in a relatively short time with the program @ Central.

GO CENTRAL!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post, Teddy Bear.

Central is a great story this year and if it weren't for the fact that I am a supporter of Belfry, I would be pulling for them hard this weekend.

I always like to see the new faces winning their first championship because it is my nature but also because it is good for KY football. Belfry was the recipient of that in 2003, where many people in the state was happy for Coach Haywood and the Pirates winning their first title after many years of being so close.

This week, I'll be pulling for LCA in part because of that same reason. Same thing goes for Lone Oak, what a story that is.

I'm very excited to see this Central team in action. In no way do I think this will be a blowout in either direction. They have been labeled a sleeping giant in Louisville the last several years, and many have considered them the team with the most talent who have underachieved a bit. But they seem to have it all together and with a championship on the line, you know they will come in jacked up and ready to play.

I'm rooting for the Yellowjackets for several reasons:

1) This school NEEDS this win. They NEED this for several reasons, not the least of which is very first State Championship.

2) Fan Support for Central: I think that fans of teams that Central traveled to are going to be SHOCKED by the number of fans Central will have at the State game. Johnson Central is a LONG way for many families without transportation or means to drive. Papa John's is right near their neighborhood. They'll be there. BTW...Love their band and drumline. Looking foward to seeing them at this game.

3) These boys are competitive. They've played (almost inarguably) the toughest schedule in the state in any class. As another poster mentioned, this is paying off.

4) Even if Belfry does win, which on paper seems likely, I don't think Belfry will "name the score". I think that the Belfry team is aware that this isn't a Yellowjacket team driving 5-6 hours to play that night. For those of you who saw Lou Central play Johnson Central, I think you'll see a different team in Papa John's than was at Johnson Central.

5) Lastly, I could not be happier for this inner-city school with some of the most challenging obstacles facing ANY school in Kentucky! These kids, their families, they deserve this. I think it's a HUGE testament to Coach Scroggins and his staff for what he's done in a relatively short time with the program @ Central.

GO CENTRAL!

I'm a HUGE Central Fan. Great post TB. I'm glad to read that there are a lot of Belfry fans that love to talk about their team. I can tell you that the few Central fans that there are, they are not interested in getting on here reading these post.

This will be a great game and Belfry will in no way be able to name the score of this game. Central's team will not just lay down and let Belfry do anything they want. This is a different team that lined up against Johnson Central. The majority of the people on here that has seen them play is the FTH fans. They will agree that this team should not be taken as lightly as all of the Belfry fans are.

Belfry fans, I would not go out and buy those 2007 state championship shirts just yet. Central will be ready. As far as the fan support, everyone will be shocked with how many people shows up for support of the Central game. At least that is my assumption. With this being Central's first apperance in a State game, I expect all of the alumni and the people of the West End to show up. I also, believe there will be a few new fans cheering them on from FTH. I will stay around and cheer them on in the 5A game.

Go YellowJackets and Bluebirds.

I'm a HUGE Central Fan. Great post TB. I'm glad to read that there are a lot of Belfry fans that love to talk about their team. I can tell you that the few Central fans that there are, they are not interested in getting on here reading these post.

This will be a great game and Belfry will in no way be able to name the score of this game. Central's team will not just lay down and let Belfry do anything they want. This is a different team that lined up against Johnson Central. The majority of the people on here that has seen them play is the FTH fans. They will agree that this team should not be taken as lightly as all of the Belfry fans are.

Belfry fans, I would not go out and buy those 2007 state championship shirts just yet. Central will be ready. As far as the fan support, everyone will be shocked with how many people shows up for support of the Central game. At least that is my assumption. With this being Central's first apperance in a State game, I expect all of the alumni and the people of the West End to show up. I also, believe there will be a few new fans cheering them on from FTH. I will stay around and cheer them on in the 5A game.

Go YellowJackets and Bluebirds.

A lot of the big margin predictions you are reading aren't from Belfry fans. But a lot of them are. Not all of us are taking Central lightly, and I know the coaching staff and team will not take them lightly.

I hope Central brings a ton of fans and I understand all the other Louisville support they will get from other teams. I am hoping for a competitive, well played and injury free game. And decent weather. :D